[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/t he-order-1886/109957 LOL O L
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: blunder1886.jpg (91 KB, 738x478) Image search: [Google]
blunder1886.jpg
91 KB, 738x478
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/the-order-1886/109957

LOL
O
L
>>
It's still not worth it.
>>
>>321637206
I really hope they take their fuckup to heart. I'm sure they could make a pretty good game if they tried.
>>
>>321638616
It's clear they want to make a movie doe
>>
They should have made a Left4Dead clone like the first teaser implied.
>>
>>321638616

Their inability to take criticism properly makes me doubt that.

>You said it would be 60fps
>uh yea we decided 30 is cinematic

They could have admitted that they were too ambitious. But nah just make up bullshit. I don't expect anything good from them.
>>
>bad games are cheap after a while
>this is news
shit thread OP
>>
>>321638616
They wanted to make a movie, they made a movie, I don't think they count this as a fuckup
>>
>>321638964
Mgs4 was a pretty good movie tho
>>
I can't believe it didn't kill the studio.
>>
>>321638964
They basically called everyone entitled for the game being short and nothing but a movie, despite claiming to provide a unique, refreshing video game experience.
>>
Yes, e-shops have terrible prices. This is why physical version of games can't die.
>>
I don't know why people like to shit on this game.

>amazing graphics (for console)
>smooth and satisfying shooting
>setting that hasn't been done to death in its genre
>longer than a lot of classic games (Donkey Kong Country 2/Starfox 64/Silent Hill 3 off the top of my head)

One of the few PS4 games that delivered to be honest.
>>
>>321638616
>developers

When will they learn?
>>
>>321637206

Kinda hesitant to even get it at this price. Seems like one of those games that'll show up on ps+ soon.
>>
>>321639404
Bait?
All of those games have more and better gameplay the than that shit
>>
>>321639404
b8
>>
>>321637206
Sony are really aggressively discounting their 1st party shit for whatever reason. The only real exception is Bloodborne.

I guess they don't have to pay licensing fees on their 1st party titles, so they're willing to sell them at any price for easy revenue.
>>
The Order: 1886 is Sony's version of Ryse.
>>
I bet you this will sell 1m+ copies by the time Sony is finished discounting the living shit out of it. This process is called "Doing a DriveClub"
>>
File: metal-gear-solid-4.jpg (61 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-solid-4.jpg
61 KB, 1024x768
>>321638996
MGS4 has a ton of cutscenes, but it's far from being a movie otherwise. 1886 actively detests the fact it's a video game, it seems.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG0zJ89Fv8c
>>
>>321639404
It has amazing graphics in general, stop meming.

The rest of it is dogshit though, that fact it's down to 10 bucks already despite being one of sony's most shilled exclusives speaks for itself.
>>
>>321638616
Didnt one of the main devs review his own game because of the shitstorm post-release and gave it a high score?
>>
>in development since 2010
>releases February 2015 for $60
>$10 for a new copy within a year
Is anyone getting fired for this?
>>
>9.99 for physical
>59.99 for digital

why is this allowed?
>>
>>321641219
No I think they tweeted a review from some guy whose only review was for the game.
>>
>>321643346
because gamestores are special snowflakes. if digital prices are lower places like gamestop will stop selling that product
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34
>>
>Rent this piece of shit from Family Video
>Get my platinum in all of eight hours
>Only bullshit thing was getting the collectibles since there's no tracker.

This game was beyond irredeemable. It was extremely linear, the story made no fucking sense at times and characters go from "I think I get thid dude's deal" to full blown retarded. It was all a series of shitty set pieces, hell the fucking enemies move the same no matter what difficulty you choose. Same spawns, same movement patterns.

Plus you revisit locations more than once, which shouldn't be a thing in a game that was this short. If they wanted to make a movie they could at least have made a good one.
>>
File: 1447979255065.jpg (10 KB, 333x342) Image search: [Google]
1447979255065.jpg
10 KB, 333x342
>>321637206
>$59.99 download
>there are people who would do this because they've devoted themselves to digital only

>>321643539
It's actually because there's no supply/demand dichotomy in digital sales, there are no used copies, there's no reason to move the price.

They don't have to give the store or a manufacturer a cut of the profit, it goes straight to them. Why would they discount it?

How many digital games have received permanent price drops?
>>
>>321644223
>How many digital games have received permanent price drops?
Confirmed for never using Steam
>>
>>321645389
Steam has sales like every other day, but how often do games get their price slashed FOR GOOD?

I do have Steam but I run a toaster so I hardly ever bother with the store
>>
>>321645578
Do you honestly think Borderlands hit the store for $20 on the first day?
>>
>>321645858
Do you honestly think I was aware that Borderlands was currently priced at $20 on Steam?
>>
>>321646007
Do you honestly engage in discussions while being ignorant of the pertinent information?
>>
>>321637206
It was $10 on PSN like 2 weeks ago. Still not worth it.
>>
>>321646179
Do you honestly think I had come into this thread prepared for a meaningful discussion about digital pricing structures?
>>
Yeah, the game is shit, but who cares that it's 10 bucks? Its christmas so it's obvious a sale. Remember splatoon is normally like 60 but went on sale for 25? This is the same thi-
>normally 20 bucks
>on sale for 10
HA HA HA HA HA

Now THIS is the blunder of the century.
>>
>>321645578
Bad rats
>>
>>321638762
>uh yeah we decided 30 is cinematic

well I guess it fits their game then since it's literally a fucking movie
>>
>>321642857
I already know how this is going to go down

>NO! THE GAMERS JUST DON'T GET MY CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE! THOSE ENTITLED BASTARDS!
>Ready at Dawn announces their new game ______ with more movie, more bland cover based shooting, and a more retarded plot!
>Ready at Dawn has announced their closure today following......
>>
>>321646328
Then why argue if you literally don't know what you're talking about?
>>
File: next gen stealth.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
next gen stealth.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.