[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you main expectation for Ys 8?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: haihu.gif (83 KB, 563x609) Image search: [Google]
haihu.gif
83 KB, 563x609
What are you main expectation for Ys 8?
>>
Adol to disregard more women
>>
Falcomfags bitching about every little detail that triggers their autism. Maybe a small, contained yet entertaining shitstorm if it sells less than Tokyo Xanadu.
>>
>>321634475
Pretty much.
>>
>>321634331
It being localized sooner than Tokyo Xanadu.
>>
What order do i play these games in? I have Ys 1+2 collection, Ys Origin, Oath of Felghana and The Ark of Napishtim. Should i go by release order or story order?
>>
>>321636424

Release order is fine
>>
I'm incredibly excited. Oath in Felghana was the pinnacle of the series' gameplay, but I think Memories of Celceta did the best job by far of establishing a world that felt dense and organic, and it was such a joy to explore. It did the best job of nailing the adventure story feel out of any of the Ys games, and so if they can improve upon that I'm golden.
>>
>>321636424

Storywise it mostly doesn't matter, although it's best to play 1&2 before Origin if you're going to play them. Most Ys stories are standalone enough that you can play them without any of the other games in the series and still pretty much be fine.

Gameplay-wise the series sort of went in phases, the older ones with bumper-cars combat (1&2), the later ones with more hack&slashy combat (Ark of Napishtim, Oath in Felghana, Origin), and the modern ones with party-based combat (7, Celceta, 8). They're pretty different as they drastically overhauled the gameplay/engine for each phase.

I would say start with 1&2, then move to Ark or Oath. Even if 1&2 turn out to not really be your thing (entirely understandable as the bump combat isn't for everyone), still try out the others because they're very different and you might like them more.
>>
I honestly have no idea what to expect because I've never played any of the new Ys games.

I should probably try to emulate 7 before 8 comes out.
>>
>>321637086

Seven and Memories of Celceta aren't as white-knuckle difficult or refined as Oath in Felghana or Origin but they're still fantastic in their own way
>>
Anything that doesn't have to do with idols.
>>
>>321637419
I guess you're right that Rion was pretty annoying with her quips after her chapter, but it's not like idols were the theme of Tokyo Xanadu or anything.
>>
>>321636598
Only great thing about the Ark engine games are the bosses. Everything else is primitive shit.

Those 3 are babby's first """"""ARPGs""""""
>>
>>321637525
saitama_ok.jpg
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.