[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about Borderlands? I think it's a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
How does /v/ feel about Borderlands? I think it's a pretty quality game. Not God Tier, bit Top Tier for sure.
>>
>>321618131
It's pretty shitty. That just means it's slightly better than your typical modern game. If you got nothing better to do, sure you can shoot shit I guess. BL2 is better than BL1 by far. Both are buggy and poorly made though.
>>
File: link is this nigga serious.jpg (21 KB, 281x301) Image search: [Google]
link is this nigga serious.jpg
21 KB, 281x301
>>321619970
>BL2 is better than BL1 by far
>>
>>321619970

BL1 was better. Gun's didn't have a specific mold they had to fit and it knew what it wanted to be.
>>
File: memelands.jpg (801 KB, 1776x1408) Image search: [Google]
memelands.jpg
801 KB, 1776x1408
>>321618131
Borderlands 1 had the best loot system in the series but the story and the character in general were quite mediocre, borderlands 2 had better gameplay and a better story/characters but fucked the loot system big time, Borderlands:TPS had really nice character design(probably the best in the series so far) and conversations but everything else was even worst then the previous games(from level/quest design to the copy and pasted loot from borderlands 2 but without farmable bosses).

I hope that borderlands 3 at least learns from its predecessors and i seriously hope Anthony Burch Doesn't come back.

Also.....
Post yfw you are not anthony burch
>>
It's fun if you play with friends, otherwise it can become quite tedious.
>>
The gameplay is alright, quests (especially listening to shitty meme dialogue nobody cares about) gets really boring which makes replaying a pain in the ass.

The worst part about the games is the level scaling mechanics, you always spend the most time either being underleveled (enemies are sponges) or overleveled (everything dies in one hit), the sweet-spot is a very short period.
>>
File: 3157432436.png (46 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
3157432436.png
46 KB, 350x350
>try out pre-sequel
>about to take a quest
>quest name: CAN I HAZ CAT
>/q
>uninstall
>>
>>321620286
>>321622385
As expected from /v/. It doesn't even matter which one of them is "better" in your shitty opinion since both are atrocious.
>>
>>321618131
The first one was okay but spammed here too much. The second one was me and spammed here too much. The third one was me and spammed here too much.

I wish they went more semi-serious and diablo-esque instead of wacky, zany plot and flanderized characters.
>>
>>321624559
>me
I meant to say meh.
>>
Should just have gone full MMO at this point, since it's boring as hell without anyone else playing. Ultimately Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel didn't do that much to shake up the formula.

That said, the Tell-tale game was probably the best game they've put out since the original Walking Dead. Catch a Riiiiiiiiiiiiiide. ;_;7
>>
>>321624369
both do not stand up on their own
1 can be fun with friends at least.
>>
Does your name start with T because if so you're one autistic fat fuck.

also

>using trips

Get the fuck out of here, stupid faggot.
>>
>>321618131
BL2 does everything better than 1 except for the loot system and damage/enemy health scaling and writing
>>
File: Vermivorous.png (28 KB, 815x923) Image search: [Google]
Vermivorous.png
28 KB, 815x923
>>321618131
>single-player
>>
Bl was boring, barely interesting in coop. Friend and I didn't even bother with new game + on higher difficulty. Also fuck gamespy and fuck unskippable splash screens when loading the game even more.

Bl2 was memes memes memes. I quit after listening to Tiny Tina for 5 minutes.

Apparently you can mute voice acting. If so, then if you also ignore everything written in the game, bl2 is bl1 tier, except an infinitely better port.
>>
>>321624559
>TPS
>Spammed
No one remembered it existed after initial muh DLC shitfest.
Even /vg/ thread withered in a week.
A real shame, TPS is fun
>>
>>321618131
Fun until the scaling makes everything a goddamn bullet sponge. Terrible design, how that shit survived a single playtest is beyond me.
>>
I really want to enjoy it but it feels every quest is the same

>Go walk 5kms and kill that boss then run back to me and hand in.
>Repeat
>>
>>321628385
What else did you expect from a FPS?
>>
I used to enjoy BL1 more than BL2 because the first game felt more...I don't know, gritty? But the world was just...dead and fucking boring. Picture, Imagine if you will a stage full of cardboard cutouts against a stagnant, dull backdrop. That's what BL1 became to me. BL2 improved in that regard and Pandora gained alot of life and humor...but over time the immature potty humor/memes just got on my nerves. Borderlands 1 and 2 along with RE6 are packed into my "I don't care enough to play it any time soon but refuse to trade it in because I may play again someday" pile.
>>
>>321626840
I really wish they didn't do shit like that. It's not like I play with faggots online.
>>
>>321628385
There are three objectives in the game, run someplace, shoot shit in the face, loot shit. Beyond that, it doesn't really matter what the quest is, the quest doesn't really fucking matter. It's just a mcguffin to make you run to a new place to shoot shit in the face and loot it.
>>
tales from the borderlands was pretty good
>>
>>321629964
not made by the same guys
>>
>>321629964
A Telltales Borderland game--still can't get past that. What did you enjoy about it?
>>
>>321630138
the characters were likable and didn't spout memes every 5 seconds
>>
>>321630138
Loli robot with loli voice
>>
>>321630138
Loader Bot
>>
I always liked the first Borderlands more, because there was still a serious and gritty feeling about it. Then, gameplay wise thelater games were better of cource, but there was just something about the first I liked way more.
>>
Do people still play Bordermemes 2? I might grab it on sale.
>>
Disregarding the memes I liked the game a lot despite its flaws but I played it too much I can't go back to it now.
Both 1 and 2 are great in their own ways, however fuck 2 for the ebin 109571250981250918 HP enemies and having literally only 1 weapon viable after a certain playthrough.
And don't you dare level up because you would have to farm that weapon again, because 1 level is enough to make a legendary weapon green-tier.

If borderlands 3 (if there is one) fixes all these small things, it has potential of being a great game.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.