[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologies if this is against board rules but I didn't see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Apologies if this is against board rules but I didn't see any rules in the sticky.

Any games surrounding war in the past? For example, the crusades or playing as any country of my choosing during the Atlantic conquests?

I want a game that's strategic and very immersive, as accurate as possible.

Could you help me out?
>>
>>321617331
I take you're familiar with grand strategy games?
>>
>>321617331
Assassin's creed 1 is set during the crusades and it's worth playing
>>
Try Paradox Grand Strategy games, like Europa Universalis 3 and 4, and Crusader Kings 2. They are very complex though.
>>
>>321619678
>Assassin's creed 1
>strategic and very immersive, as accurate as possible
Assassin's Creed is neither strategic, nor immersive or historically accurate. It's a mediocre action game with some light stealth elements.
>>
There's that History Channel game "Great Battles Medieval"
>>
>>321617331
Crusader Kings 2 for medieval/crusades, Europa Universalis 4 for age of exploration
>>
>>321620685
Strategy games are not immersive at all. His suggestion is probably the most immersive so far, OP will just have to decide what's more important.
>>
>>321621651
>Strategy games are not immersive at all.
Speak for yourself. Strategy games can be very immersive.

They're most certainly a lot more immersive than the piece of shit that was Assassin's Creed, which wasn't historically accurate in the slightest.
>>
>>321617331
Mount and blade with a mod for that cursade feeling, 1234 i think
>>
>>321621728
Holy fuck you double nigger. We get it. You don't think it's immersive. Did Altair shit on your 5th grade history book?
>>
>>321621728
My history teacher had us play assassins creed in 7th grade, he brought a PlayStation 3 in. Some kid killed somebody and the principle flipped shit.

He wanted to show us how "historical events can be explained through vidyas"

He's now the vice principal at that same school.

Guy's a fucking madman, not giving a hoot
>>
>>321621728
>eagle eye camera view of color coded regions, no direct control of a character
>immersive
No.
>>
>>321621974
>American education
>>
>>321622085
You can still be immersed in a world. Much more so than in Assassin's Creed in any case where the whole world reminds you that you're playing something fully fictional all the time due to the anachronistic costumes, arms and armour.
>>
>>321622262
American education, baby

I dropped out of highschool too :^)
>>
>>321617331
Mount and Blade is nice, if a bit dated. If you want the bigger picture, try games from Paradox (from the relevant time period).
>>
>>321620269
>They are very complex though.
Ahahahahahahhahshahahahah.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.