[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: G910-dock.jpg (77 KB, 1411x1080) Image search: [Google]
G910-dock.jpg
77 KB, 1411x1080
Should I buy this?
>>
fuck no. it feels like shit.
>>
>>321611916
It's your money, your call. Personally it looks uncomfortable.
>>
>>321611916
I'm using that keyboard right now. The keys feel very responsive and it's cool to set all the individual keys. The only con is the two wrist rests that come with it are subpar. I use the large one more(one in the pic), it's pretty weird at first but I guess you get used to it. It's pretty flimsy too and isn't held on by much so if you fuck with your keyboard and move it around you might run into some issues.

tl;dr - great keyboard, shit palm rests
>>
> Instead of placing LCD displays they cut costs by placing a plastic stand for your phone
When did gaming gear go from high quality materials and design into this chinaman made garbage?
>>
>>321611916
huh I saw that just yesterday when looking for a new keyboard

1. not a terribly impressive mechanical keyboard. not a bad one either but they bill it as a great one so you are getting gouged and mechanical keyboards are price gouging on their own. you're getting double fucked.

2. pretty fucking gaudy

steelseries make nice mechanical keyboards that have more creature comforts than the SERIOUS BUSINESS variants, and aren't quite as expensive.

>>321612905
isn't that an LCD down at the bottom? anyway I've never gotten the appeal. I've only had one keyboard with an LCD and it was hyped as being this next level shit. only time I ever used it was to look at the battery level.
>>
>>321612803
This, Handrests are Shit, but the keyboard is amazing and works really great. The Brownlike feel of the keys are just.. comfortable enough to almost forget about the handrests, which of course are shit and should feel bad because you can't use any other palm rests other than the ones it came with.
>>
What's a good cherry key that isn't too loud? I game at night and don't want to wake up my roomates. Was thinking of the Corsair k70, but that sounds really loud.
>>
>>321613535
Browns.
>>
if it has lights, it's shit
>>
>>321613351
I've tried to search for third-party handrests to use with this fucker but there's none. It sucks because it doesn't even look like it'd be hard to make, it's just 4 pieces of curved plastic.
>>
>>321613535
You can always opt for these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners/dp/B00AZQ2OF8
>>
File: image.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
image.png
490 KB, 449x401
>His keyboard has lights on it
>>
>>321613928
Not even that, its the whole awkwardness of where the handrest is supposed to go. You've seen it right? How oddly shaped it fuckin is?
>>
Why the fuck does Logitech still put screens on their keyboards? Doesn't everyone have 2 monitors by now? Even if you don't, a second monitor would be a better investment than a keyboard with a screen on it.
>>
>>321614476
I'm lookin at the fucker right now, it's definitely meant to look XxEdgyxX. There's a gap between the keyboard and the handrest that you gotta clean every so often, and the bs G910 logo that illuminates loves to catch dust and shit as well. Not to mention the odd triangular texture feels odd as hell.
>>
>>321613960
it feels weird typing with dampeners because they reduce the key travel distance by a lot. It's just not as good
>>
>mechanical keyboard thread

my 'oooo' key repeats 2-5 times when I press it while typing in quick succession. it's inconsistent but it happens enough that almost every post I have to go back and retype something or other.

doooes anyone have any advice? froom what I've read it looks like I"m going to have to soolder a new switch or sooomething, and while I'm decent I've never taken apart a keyboard befoore.

really don't want to get a new one because oof one busted key.
>>
>>321615054
Have you tried prying the key off and seeing if you got any dust/crumbs/shit inside it?
>>
>>321615204
Yes, I cleaned it thoroooughly when the problem aroose.
>>
>>321615262
Hmmm, it's a longshot but have you updated the drivers? And you might wanna fiddle w/ the Character Repeat settings in the Keyboard section of the control panel, i've heard that can be the issue. I'd try and rule out software before hardware. Perhaps even try it on a different PC/console?
>>
>>321615054
I'm sorry anon, but that's actually hilarious. I imagine that if you can't find a solution, you can always take up to 'ooo' thing as your gimmick.
>>
>>321615054
This is a good alternative >>321615798
>>
File: 1373826902985.jpg (32 KB, 460x367) Image search: [Google]
1373826902985.jpg
32 KB, 460x367
>>321615054
>>321615262
Your posts amuse me.
>>
>>321615696
It's just one key, if it were multiple keys it'd make sense but it's ooonly the o key. Everything I've read says I need to buy a new switch and solder it on. Basically I"m fucked and I'd rather not be and I'm hooping someone knows something more than google.

>>321615798
This has been a look intoo my every day life. Normally I goo back and spellcheck everything.

It was a good keyboard up until this point.
>>
>>321615054
Not a perfect fix but if you go to control panel, keyboard and change repeat delay to long. This might cancel out the extra oooos if they're in fast succession.
>>
File: img_9008.jpg (373 KB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
img_9008.jpg
373 KB, 2592x1728
>not buying literally the best keyboard on the world past/present/future
>>
>>321616039
eh i think i'll give it a try and this is the post that has come out so far soo goood oh that's noot so goood fuck my shit up with a rake

steelseries 7g is getting a good recommendation foor the first 5 years, but not soo much after this
>>
>>321616590
Bro, you will lose all your friends if you remove ooo's, don't do it.
>>
>>321616590
Oh, I'm actually using a steelseries 7g as well and I had this problem with b and space, but it wasn't so many repeating and it only happened every now and then. That's why I recommended it, that fixed it for me.
>>
File: 1449608267044.gif (212 KB, 187x186) Image search: [Google]
1449608267044.gif
212 KB, 187x186
>>321616704
I'll try it for longer but I think I'm pretty much fucked here.

>>321616695
You have no idea how annoying this is. Press oo tooo do something and it will work half the time, and half nooto.
>>
File: ooos intensifies.png (13 KB, 288x293) Image search: [Google]
ooos intensifies.png
13 KB, 288x293
>>321616890
Then let's trade keyboards. I have a G510s I recently bought.
>tfw you'll never have such a weird gimmick
>>
>>321611916

I like the switches, unfortunately the key caps are the worse EVERY made, seriously.
>>
>>321616075

>Topre

Absolute abortion of a switch, people who shill them need to be euthanized.
>>
>>321617748
>best of both worlds
>feels good
>not loud but still audible
>superior speeds to reds
>>
File: Untitled.png (69 KB, 780x341) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
69 KB, 780x341
should I /v/?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.