[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
So now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was shit?
>>
>>321606617
>playing this crap at all
>making threads about trash
you're part of the problem, I bet you like tomb raider reboot
>>
I have no clue but my friend cried at the end of it

Is she pleb /v/?
>>
File: 1337028109169.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1337028109169.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>can we agree this game was shit
>making a thread about it
>>
File: 1449067062922.jpg (192 KB, 1196x898) Image search: [Google]
1449067062922.jpg
192 KB, 1196x898
>>321606617
I dont think you can call it a ga,e.

More of an interactive movie needlessly divided into multiple tiny segments that are completable during your lunch break at work and sold for 4 bucks a piece more than they should be.

The concept was cool, and I think they executed what they set out to do really well, but its like they entirely forgot to put the actual gameplay part into the "game".
>>
>>321606617
I'm almost through chapter 3, and it's better than any Telltale game I've played. It doesn't have the sheer enjoyment or production value of Until Dawn and the dialogue is cringey at times, but it's a solid game.

It feels like the natural evolution of the genre. Letting the player make immediate do overs on choices somehow makes those choices even more nervewracking because you obsess over them even more.
>>
File: 2352323.png (22 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
2352323.png
22 KB, 275x200
>>321606617
there was a lot of problems with the game but i still enjoyed it.
>>
>>321607159

>the dialogue is cringey at times

so the entire point of the game is shit basically
>>
>>321607239
Just because one character has shitty writing (fucking Chloe) doesn't immediately invalidate the entire game.
>>
>>321607432

pretty much every character had cringe writing 2bh. go watch Pretty Little Liars cuck
>>
Episode 1-4 was pretty good. half the fuckers who shit on the game havent even played it and just spout 'MUH SJW' despite the fact that the game has zero of that shit
>>
what would even compel someone to try something like this?
I see absolutely no draw unless you're so into lesbians you don't care about context.
>>
I was enjoying the ride, and then the last episode ruined it all. An absolute disappointment
>>
>>321609236
Episode 5 started off great, but went to complete shit after Max used Warrens photo to save Chloe. They should have just let her stay dead and had Max deal with the consequences.
>>
>>321609526
>I don't know how to do spoilers on mobile
I hate how all your choices had no impact at all in the end. What was the entire point of the game if one choice chooses your ending?
>>
File: 1449440676500.jpg (728 KB, 2480x3507) Image search: [Google]
1449440676500.jpg
728 KB, 2480x3507
It was great
>>
>>321607159
All your choices don't matter and you're left with two blanket decisions at the end of game game that are always the same regardless of what you did. It's not a game, it's a poorly-written short story.
>>
>>321607432
Most of the characters feel and sound like they were written by 30-somethings trying to sound 15, which is exactly what they are.
>>
>>321609838
>What was the entire point of the game if one choice chooses your ending?
And this is why it's a shitty game. It fails to do the one thing it set out to accomplish as a piece of interactive media.
>>
It was predictable as shit, you knew exactly what the ultimate decision would be from the first 30 minutes of the first episode.

The characters were the biggest let down though, I see a lot of people saying this game is SJW/feminist filled, but I don't see how when the characters were dumb and whinny as fuck, not to mention the "step douche" turned out to be the hero all along.

Also, it was a game that was supposed to be based around your decisions but in the end nothing you did actually mattered in the slightest. Be a dick to that fat girl or help her out? Doesn't matter in the end. Be a dick of Victoria or try to befriend her, doesn't matter in the end. Help those people in the town during the storm or let them die, doesn't matter in the end.

What's the point in giving people the choice of something if it becomes void in the end? Heavy Rain was far from perfect but at least it kept true to what it was advertised as, a game with fucking choices and consequences.
>>
>>321606794
ngl I teared up a bit
>>
>>321606617
Nope. My GOTY.
>>
>>321611563
Lol
If you're a dick to the fat girl she won't help you as you try to get to the diner during the storm
If you're a dick to Victoria she won't help you during the party
In both cases you can still proceed of course but need to figure out things yourself a little bit. But yeah your choices do matter.
>>
>>321606617
No. Game is GOTY.
>>
>>321616282
When people say choices matter they mean they want a literal totally different story for every minor choice, up to even genre changes in gameplay
>>
>>321611563
>I see a lot of people saying this game is SJW/feminist filled, but I don't see how when the characters were dumb and whinny as fuck,
Easy. Very few people here played it and most just vomit out things they heard on /v/. As shit is /v/ is now, it's always been that way.
>>
>>321611072
People who think teens don't talk like that are out of touch

Anime fightan scene is full of them
>>
>>321606794
>>321613726
How can anyone cry at the illogical mess the ending ended up being?
>>
>>321606617
The dialogue made me cringe multiple times, and I lamented having Chloe as a sidekick for the first half of the season, but I had fun with it.

It helps that I played it after nitpicking about Walking Dead Season 2 and its threadbare environments and minimal character interactions.
>>
File: 1451087619104.gif (173 KB, 303x186) Image search: [Google]
1451087619104.gif
173 KB, 303x186
>Game based around choice
>Endings are either go back in time and remove any choice you made or leave town without even checking if people FUCKING DIED or not
>Episode 5 was also 90% retarded dream sequence
Shit game. If they hadn't dropped the ball on episode 5 both in terms of the episode and the ending, it would have been solid.
>>
>>321616471
Shut up kike.

>>321616282
This is not "choices" that "matter".
>>
shit gave me a love boner
>>
>>321616945
As a psychological horror fan, the dream sequence was right up my alley.

Except the unfailable stealth section. Could have skipped that one. Acknowledging that everyone hated bottle collecting does not make them more tolerable.
>>
>>321617267
>Lol look guys we totally get it, collecting bottles was shit ;)
>Enjoy this far worse section!
>>
>The only choice with somewhat meaningful impact is Kate sodoku in the entire "game"
>No ending where you just save as much as you can while helping your own career
>No ending where you just go back to the start, predict everything so everyone believes you, tell everyone to get home insurance and sit on the lighthouse or leave town, making everyone rich and alive while you reap all the rewards
>>
>>321606617
Why do you make this thread every day?
>>
>>321606617
Yes, nothing mattered and left you with two choices in the end.
>>
Episode 4 was incredibly good but Episode 5 killed it for me it wasn't bad just nowhere as good as that episode I feel like they missed a bit by just making Jefferson all of the sudden a dick.
>>
>>321618559
>Yes, nothing mattered and left you with two choices in the end.

Isn't that all modern choice based games?
>>
File: Ep3_Title.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Ep3_Title.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>Reference a blood oath between Rachel and Frank
>Nothing comes out of it in the end
>Reference Sean Prescott and his family knowing some serious shit and having some big plans
>Nothing comes out of it
>Reference spirit animals at every turn
>Nothing comes out of it
>Talk about Native Americans very often
>Nothing comes out of it

I fucking hate devs abandoning ideas during development and toying with the game
Fuck you
It was very obvious the story was going be about much more then "hurrrr chloe vs arcadia"
>>
>>321607557
gr8b8m8
>>
>>321621425
You'd think they would plan out their story and budget a bit more.
>>
>>321610787
Kate was great.

Everything else was shit, except Victoria.
>>
>>321607557
>'MUH SJW' despite the fact that the game has zero of that shit

>"ONLY WOMEN SHOULD OWN GUNS SO THEY CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM MEN"
>>
>>321616471
Does such a game actually exist?
>>
>>321607159
Wow I didn't think there'd be someone with this wrong of an opinion but here you are
>>
>>321622968
a certain german visual novel does this.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.