[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be a sequel to Super Mario RPG.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Super Mario RPG.jpg (60 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
Super Mario RPG.jpg
60 KB, 640x443
>There will never be a sequel to Super Mario RPG.
>>
>>321595629

good, it doesn't need one (but is an A+ game) and the closest thing you'll ever get is paper mario.
>>
>>321595629
Though I'm typically a Paper Mario fag, I would love to see Squeenix try SMRPG2.
>>
File: Never_forget.jpg (69 KB, 500x1036) Image search: [Google]
Never_forget.jpg
69 KB, 500x1036
Maybe it's for the better. It has been so many years of shattered hopes, that an actual sequel could probably destroy its legacy. The inclusion of a Geno costume has lit these hopes no doubt, but could really a sequel met the expectations. When I see the incredible work that was put on the original Mario RPG, I wonder what kind of process did Square followed in order to produce such huge game.
>>
>>321595629
Mario and Luigi RPG series are made by the people that made Super Mario RPG

They left Square and formed Alphadream, that's also why Shimomura composes on all the Mario and Luigi RPGs because she also composed Super Mario RPG
>>
>>321596157
It could be decent as long as they don't try too hard to ride the nostalgia dick, something modern Nintendo is notorious for.

But I doubt it will happen anyways, considering Mario has been stagnated to hell since NSMB.
>>
They should expand the scope to all Nintendo IPs.
>>
File: TheGuyinBlue_by_Novanim_small.jpg (781 KB, 800x1072) Image search: [Google]
TheGuyinBlue_by_Novanim_small.jpg
781 KB, 800x1072
>>321596681
Spiritual Succesor, yeah. But a true SMRPG sequel can only be considered one if it's placed on the same world as the first one...you know, Geno, Mallow, Booster, Star Hill...which could fuck up the current timeline of Mario games. I remember when I played Paper Mario after SMRPG, and so many things were shittier copy paste elements from the later.
>>
Not every good game needs a sequel
>>
>>321595629
>Implying Mario & Luigi series doesn't exist.
>>
>>321597516
>But a true SMRPG sequel
People would hate it if it ever released because it wouldn't be nostalgic.

>which could fuck up the current timeline of Mario games
There is no timeline.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.