[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>used to play games with my older brother all the time when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>used to play games with my older brother all the time when we were growing up
>played lots of action adventure and RPG stuff, played through all of Ocarina of Time, FF7 and Shadow of the Colossus together, stuff like that
>we grew apart when i went away to college and eventually moved out, he stayed at home
>he got involved with drinking and drugs and shitty people because he didn't have anyone else around to spend time with
>buy him The Witcher 3 for christmas because he bought a ps4 recently (for Call of Duty) and i thought it would remind him of the stuff we used to play
>"oh cool thanks anon. wanna play it with me later?"
>fuck yeah, this is gonna be great
>a few hours later we sit down to play in the living room
>he won't stop fidgeting, won't pay attention to any of the cutscenes or dialogue, keeps checking his phone, asks why it looks like game of thrones
>plays for about 10 minutes before he says "yeah i don't know man maybe i'll play it some other time. thanks though it looks kinda cool"
>leaves to go get high with his friends

How was your Christmas, /v/?
>>
>>321579003
Is this Quentin's origin story or something?

Sorry to hear that anon. My family and I grew distant over the years too. It's just a part of life.
>>
>>321579003
>because he didn't have anyone else around to spend time with
sounds like a pretty shitty reason
>>
>>321579003
What a bummer man.
>>
>>321579592
We grew up in a shitty neighborhood and he fell in with the wrong people

It's probably not the only reason he turned out the way he did, I just wonder if I was around more I could have changed things for the better.
>>
Welcome to having normal siblings. They'll choose hanging out with their friends over spending time with you every time. It's just the way it is.
>>
>>321579815
Don't blame yourself OP, it's not your fault if he turned out to be a shitty guy

Just be glad he's around at all. My older sister couldn't even make it to Christmas this year because she was worried she'd miss out on some job offer.
>>
>>321580486
>she'd miss out on some job offer

Imagine this selfish cunt worrying about financial stability in a shitty economy so she doesn't wind up in government aid then spend time with her family.
>>
>>321580717
The thing is, that's always what she's doing. She moved to California with her friends on a whim a few years ago and ever since then has been bumming at different boyfriends apartments while looking for a job. Any job she actually gets only lasts about 2 months anyway. Meanwhile she goes out every night to spend money at clubs with random people.

You're probably right, she needs to find a real job at some point. But at this point I think my family have heard that excuse too many times
>>
>>321579003
Similar story on my end.
My brother used to play all kinds of vidya and essentially introduced me to vidya when I was still like 4 years old, mostly with Atari and Commodore stuff.
He always had shitty gambling and drinking and pot smoking dudebro friends though and nowadays he's an immigrant working minimum wage in Netherlands 12 hours a day and is a piece of shit just like his friends.
I actually tried to confront him about it last year and even tried to tell him how toxic the influence of his "friends" is on him but there was no reasoning with him.
Then during summer he acted like a complete douchebg in front of his friends and tried to mock me at which point I lost it, punched him and told him to go fuck himself basically.
This christmas dinner he just sat around looking at his fucking cellphone the entire fucking time and didn't even want to talk with anyone from the family, really annoyed me.
Sorry man but your brother is gone forever.

>inb4 blogposting
Yeah idc.
>>
Op I know christmas is a depressing time and all but /v/ isn't your blog.

Just remember you aren't Anthony Burch and lighten up.
>>
>>321581730
Alright. This I can understand. I also live in Cali and understand how much of a financial detriment it is especially if you're not prudent with your spending. I jew myself out of luxuries since I value savings and having fall back money in case of anything. I fell on a rough patch myself a couple years ago but was able to sustain myself until I picked myself back up due to savings. If you don't know how to earn and save as an adult then I have no sympathy for you. Hopefully she gets her shit together. Sometimes you gotta crash hard to learn that lesson.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.