[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, why do you actually purchase singleplayer games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Steam-logo.png (74 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Steam-logo.png
74 KB, 2000x2000
Hey /v/, why do you actually purchase singleplayer games?
>>
So I can play them. I'd also prefer not to use Steam, if possible. A physical copy would be even better.
>>
>>321569146
What's your reasoning behind not just torrenting it? Do you just like a tangible copy, like some people still buy CDs?
>>
Same reason you pay for an internet connection to shitpost on /v/

Convenience
>>
>>321568475
Because I want to play a singleplayer game
>>
>>321568475
I've recently started only buying multiplayer games. I can torrentfag the sp ones. Gotta save the dosh for food and stuff.
>>
>>321568475
I want to support the developers so they are able to continue to produce games for me to enjoy
>>
Personally I don't play video games
>>
>>321569347
Yeah, I like having physical copies. I like to collect games as much as play them. It scares me when people say the future of gaming is all-digital. To me, there's something unsatisfying about a game being just files on a computer.
>>
Because stealing is wrong! Do you wanna be a bad person?
>>
>>321569598
>browsing /v/
>>
>>321569630
That makes plenty of sense to me. I love buying some of my favorite CDs, so I can understand a game collection obviously.
>>
>>321568475
Yeah, I just now developed the mentality of buying only multiplayer games or games that take advantage of Steam features like Cities Skylines or Skyrim. You could pirate a singleplayer game and it'd be no different if you bought it.
>>
>>321569698
n-no
>>
>buying games
>playing games

grow up
>>
>>321570053
Exactly. I'm genuinely curious as to why people buy singleplayer games with no incentive. The anon above likes collecting them, and that makes sense.

>>321570430
what are you doing on 4chan anon
>>
>>321570430
>Thinking that being "grown up" is something to aspire to

Fuck that.
>>
>>321570430

someone give this man some gold
>>
>>321570523
>Exactly. I'm genuinely curious as to why people buy singleplayer games with no incentive. The anon above likes collecting them, and that makes sense.

Well, there's also supporting the developer. Some people do care about that.
>>
>>321571350
That makes sense for small time indie devs, but what about larger corporations?
>>
>>321568475
i have the money for it and it's more convenient to me. i don't want to deal anymore with torrents, newsgroups, cracks, etc.

also, working a full-time job now, i realize that people need to get paid for their work, especially people that make cool shit like videogames
>>
>>321571496
There is no difference between indie devs and large corporations. They both have employees. They all need to feed their kids and have a roof over their heads.
>>
>>321571496
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know that most if not all of the profits from actual sales go to executives instead of devs, but I don't know what else I can do.
>>
>>321571825
Yeah except large corporations charge $60 for games and already have plenty of money. Indie devs don't do either of these things, fucktard.
>>
>>321571985
>capitalism
>>
>>321569347
>hey man, I have the complete Godzilla collection, all 30 films, want to see?
>Sweet dude, yeah, where are they?
>On my computer
>>
>>321572302
Anybody who buys tons of digital shit doesn't care about collections
>>
>>321572302
Meh at least you didnt use food analogy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.