[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo's new CEO isn't happy with the way pe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14
File: 1443455442524.jpg (75 KB, 545x576) Image search: [Google]
1443455442524.jpg
75 KB, 545x576
>Nintendo's new CEO isn't happy with the way people are using their amibos

>People aren’t using Amiibo the way Nintendo intended

>What we’re seeing instead is that the Amiibo are being picked up more as a collection item at this point, rather than, say, as an interactive item with software.

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/

WHY HAVEN'T YOU FUCKS USED YOUR AMIBOOS? DID YOU EVEN PLAY AMIBO MODE IN MARIO PARTY 10? DID YOU EVEN BUY ANIMAL CROSSING AMIBOO FESTIVAL? WHAT ABOUT SMASH? ANYTHING?????
>>
Maybe that will tell the higher ups we want more Nintendo Figures to show off to our fellow neck-beards online.
>>
They don't really have a right to complain, Amiibos are selling like pancakes
>>
>>321560986
>Mario Party 10
>amiibo Festival
Those games are dog shit
>>
>>321560986
>make incredible fucking bank
>you guys throwing money at us are doing it wrong :c

Jesus christ even when they do something right from a business perspective they manage to sully the victory
>>
Too many games tie their Amiibo implantation to Miis. No one likes using their Miis when better characters are available.
>>
>>321561210

Actually they do. They want to shill amibo cards. You can't shill those cards when you don't have a pretty figurine to show off.
>>
>>321560986
>Why is our product selling en masse, and not being used the way it's intended? That's fucked up
>>
>>321560986
Amiibos are for faggots
>>
Maybe they shouldn't make a piece of shit game that only sold because people wanted Animal Crossing amiibos?
>>
>>321561287
T-thats the point
>>
Fucking idiots at every level in that company, holy shit
>>
>>321560986
So does this mean he wants more amiibo compatibility?
Does this mean more locked content?
Fuck
>>
>>321560986
Anyone who supports day 1 on-disc DLC toys deserves the lethal injection.
>>
There is literally no way for toys to enhance video games.

They are literally being used for unlock keys and that's it, let them use them how they want, fucker
>>
Maybe they should create actual incentives to regularly use an amiibo. In any worthwhile game you just scan em once or twice, then shelve the figures.
>>
File: 1307230885001.png (163 KB, 316x310) Image search: [Google]
1307230885001.png
163 KB, 316x310
>>321561289
This attitude is company-wide, which means that anyone who thinks Sakurai getting hit by a truck means the next Smash Bros. will be a Melee renaissance is an idiot.
>>
>>321561490
They are literally being held up by their legacy and nothing else.
That's crumbling though thanks to their immense ineptitude, what with no zelda u in sight and federation force and animal crossing amiibo bullshit
>>
>>321560986
>we're making tons of money but you guys are doing it wrong

Literally autism.

Nintendo and it's fanbase were made for each other.
>>
>>321561356
>make cards
>they sell like shit
>make cards
>they sell like shit
>make toys
>they print money
>make cards
>they sell like shit
I think I noticed a pattern.......
>>
I frankly wonder, what Smash4U player hasn't bought Amiibos?
I must be the only one who hasn't done so (yet)
>>
>>321561505
Agreed. I can accept buying a single amiibo to fight against in smash, as i got one as a gift and had fun levelling it and stuff, but beyond that you're just letting them get away with locking content in a figure of questionable quality
>>
>>321561720
>make cards
>they sell like shit

Animal crossing and FE cards are selling like hotcakes retard.
>>
>>321560986
Nintendo has long been out of touch with reality. This shows further just why.
>>
>>321561620
People don't want Sakurai out the picture because of "muh Melee" they want him out the picture because "muh roster"

I'd be on the floor dying if he had a dying wish decree to keep certain characters OUT of the playable roster chair. I know superstitious Japanese fucks get their dicks hard on that stuff.
>>
>>321560986
amiibos are pure garbage
>lock you out of content
>take up space and ensure anybody who has one will never have sex again
>ridiculously overpriced and previously were sold out everywhere all the time
>usually have defects
>nintendo doesn't want to make games anymore, they only mention profit which means amiibos take center stage as we can clearly see with the new Mario Party and Animal Crossing
wake me up when I can get a pack of 30 amiibo cards for $10, then I'll be willing to participate in this horse shit
>>
>>321561845
Just got a Greninja amiibo as a gift and the quality is nice.
>>
Has anyone made a NFC amiibo app yet? I refuse to give them any of my money.
>>
At least Uncle Kimmy is making sure we actually get some of the goddamn things here in Burgerland.

>Shelves cluttered with Ikes, Captain Falcons, and Shulks
>Went to Best Buy to use a gift card and they had like twenty Marths

Just give me Robin, Lucina, and Palutena and I swear I'm done with these fucking things.
>>
"The problem is that people are having fun the wrong way." - Nintendo
>>
File: IMG_20151226_172610.jpg (2 MB, 3200x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151226_172610.jpg
2 MB, 3200x2368
But anon, I am using them as toys
>>
>>321562097
I got to pick mine out and i had to go with kirby because it seemed the easiest one to make out of the bunch, and even then he's got an ugly seam all the way around him.
The fucking pikachus they had in stock looked like they had down syndrome
>>
>>321562342

>want KK Slider
>only KK Slider
>either I buy him with 2 other faggots I don't want
>or I pay 6 bucks extra to get him shipped from fucking Japan

Well fuck you too Nintendo
>>
File: 1449627255105.gif (495 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1449627255105.gif
495 KB, 390x293
>>321560986
>mismanage the distribution of amiibo's on epic proportions make nearly it nearly impossible for people to get the characters they want unless they got it the day they came out making their value as a collector's item rather than a toy skyrocket.

>Make the technology inside amiibo's so pathetically basic that any potential they had is squandered i.e. can only hold one game data at a time, Smash amiibo's don't actually learn how their owners fight, etc.

>No game in existence that actually incentivises collecting AND using amiibos like Disney Infinity or Skylanders, literally just shitty toy DLC that unlocks on-disc character skins, game demos (seriously?) or boring as fuck modes like Amiibo Party.

Well no SHIT Kimishima. I stopped leveling up amiibo's after the third one I bought because there's fuckall to do with them and you can't even use them in single player modes as a P2 or a buddy fighter during matches which is what was hinted at during their reveal.
>>
>>321562168
>j-just one more hit

Jesus christ anon take a step back and look at yourself
>>
>prints rares in one burst
>refuse to print more until a year later
>still dont print them regularly
>wonder why people covet them

Are they really that dense?
>>
>>321562476
Fuck i know all this but to see it laid out in a concise post just actually makes me mad now
>>
>>321562473

>buy 3 pack
>sell other two on eBay to recoup losses

If you actually play a lot of games I can't imagine not having an eBay account since GameStop gives you fuck all for games worth 20 bucks on eBay.
>>
>>321562478
I ONLY have the Fire Emblem ones, MegaMan, and Shulk. I'm not that crazy.
>>
>>321562476

Fighting a lv.50 amiibo is much harder than any regular cpu character, so there is that.
>>
File: 1451086215340.jpg (20 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
1451086215340.jpg
20 KB, 236x314
Eh, it's honestly for the best how it is.

A lot of the Amiibos are characters that wouldn't get models anyway, so there's the benefit.

The other half of things is that how many Amiibos will actually have functionality outside of Smash outside of token stuff like Mario Maker? They don't make a Xenoblade every year, they're certainly not making F-Zeros or Game & Watch Galleries.

And what do they unlock? It's pretty trivial stuff, a recycled challenge mode in Splatoon, models in Mario Maker, your experience is not crippled by lacking an Amiibo.

Honestly, I think Nintendo should just consider manufacturing upmarket models. Way more money in that.
>>
I bought all the Fire Emblem ones and will buy Roy and Corrin. I also bought Tom Nook today because he was 10 bucks.

I don't even own a Wii U.
>>
>>321563004

Then you are part of the problem.
>>
>>321562476
this 3bh. amiibos could've been cool but nintendo fucked it up.
>>
>>321562803
They're still ridiculously easy to cheese with Ganondorf unless you roid them the fuck out with items and specials effects. However some guy discovered that lv.50 amiibos actually take less damage and deal more damage even if you didn't feed them items.
>>
>>321563004
You can use the FE amiibos in S.T.E.A.M but I doubt you have that game.
>>
>>321563125

>I'm intentionally exploiting an AI shortcoming and complaining it's easy

What
>>
>>
Needs more crying nintendo man
>>
>“Mr. Miyamoto, for instance, is spending a lot of time, not only with his fellow developers, but also working with Universal Theme Parks to design the Nintendo experience that will evolve there. In fact, you may even be seeing Nintendo characters more often in the clothing and shoes that people wear.”

So... Nintendo wants to make Mario into the new Mickey Mouse. Wonderful.
>>
>>321562342
Why did you buy the cards?
>>
>>321560986
Well how about they make something that makes it worthwhile to use the amiibos if he's so upset about it?
>>
>>321563756
Well, yeah, it'd be stupid for them to not try to exploit Mario's appeal in different mediums. You know how much money they make off Pokemon merchandising? Now imagine that kind of stuff, but they don't need to divide it with the other powers involved in the Pokemon Company.
>>
>>321563756
My body is ready
>>
>>321562476
ranch
or
cool ranch
>>
But I have about 15 Lv. 50 Smash amiibo, and I train them up a bunch. There's even a small amiibo tournament scene. And I unlocked all the Mario Kart costumes and such. And I'm still working on all the amiibo missions in Captain Toad. And I just started ranking up my 8-bit Mario in Ultra Smash. I really hope they take this and craft more meaningful amiibo support though. Stuff like Splatoon's amiibo support shouldn't slide.
>>
>>321564410
Pokemon has three different quality mediums. Four if you count anime/Manga as different. The Pokemon poptarts, cereal, Mac and cheese, and all that were awful.

Mario is pretty awful in anything but games right now. Mario doesn't deserve clothing or something like that.
>>
File: 1429633704746.jpg (551 KB, 1302x638) Image search: [Google]
1429633704746.jpg
551 KB, 1302x638
Maybe if they'd let me use my amiibo retro 3-pack for Mario Kart 8...
>>
>>321561210
You mean like hotcakes.
>>
>>321560986
I still use mine for Smash.
>>
I have one opened Mario amigo and I've experienced all there is to experience with them. I'll keep my Falcon and 8 others in the box as a room decoration until Nintendo really gives me a reason to crack them open.
>>
>tfw only amiibos I want are that Famicom ROB and Bayonetta
>>
File: pinklink.png (193 KB, 236x289) Image search: [Google]
pinklink.png
193 KB, 236x289
>>321561210
>Amiibos are selling like pancakes
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>321560986
so, what games let me use my Megaman amiibo?
>>
Because that's honestly what they are, a nice collector's item.

They're cheap figurines featuring characters from very obscure Nintendo franchises, it's just what people have always wanted.
>>
>>321566158
*prima donna's
FUCK guys sorry for the typo
>>
File: 1404101853523.png (17 KB, 620x476) Image search: [Google]
1404101853523.png
17 KB, 620x476
>be vehemently opposed to the practice of locking on-disc content to be unlocked through DLC/amiibos
>still want to buy a Pac-Man amiibo because I like Pac-Man
>>
>>321560986
I have a few friends that don't even play games but bought yoshi and kirby out of nostalgia
>>
>>321566158
favorite pasta
>>
>People aren’t using Amiibo the way Nintendo intended

So what's the intended use for the Pokemon amiibos?
>>
>>321566441
hot glue
>>
File: pacman poster smash.jpg (143 KB, 602x849) Image search: [Google]
pacman poster smash.jpg
143 KB, 602x849
>>321566334
I know that feeling man, I want a new Pac-Man game with the Smash design, it just looks so fucking good.
>>
>>321561329
Make more Mii Amiibos
>>
>>321561620
>Meleefags are delusional enough to believe a "Melee renaissance" would provide a significant boost to sales ever
>>
File: 1316944859438.jpg (19 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1316944859438.jpg
19 KB, 500x404
>“As for the codename NX, I don’t believe that there’s any real meaning behind it, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t know where it came from,” says Kimishima, laughing when I ask. “Or perhaps Mr. Iwata had meant to tell me and then never got the chance.”
>>
>>321560986
There isn't anything to fucking use them on.
>>
>>321566826
I'm surprised they haven't started doing custom mii amiibos that you can make on their site yet
>>
>>321560986
MAKE A FUCKING DISNEY INFINITY/SKYLANDERS STYLED GAME EXCEPT WITH AMIIBO, YOU FUCKERS. IT'S EASY FUCKING MONEY HOLY SHIT.

JUST FUCKING DO IT ALREADY. I WOULD BUY THIS SO FAST.
>>
File: onlyamiibo.png (16 KB, 832x385) Image search: [Google]
onlyamiibo.png
16 KB, 832x385
>>
File: kutaragiyamauchiiwata.png (34 KB, 761x899) Image search: [Google]
kutaragiyamauchiiwata.png
34 KB, 761x899
>>321567227
2ch console war ascii art is amazing
>>
>>321562476
>Smash amiibo's don't actually learn how their owners fight
Huh, yes they do. I have 13 Amiibos I train in Smash and they do learn playstyles and obviously learn attacks and other specific things in Mirror matches. They just won't fight like human players.
>>
>>321566158
Don't count your chickens.
>>
>>321566158
Enjoy your perminate ban.
>>
>>321561289
>>321561384
Welcome to Japanese companies. They don't care about money if it's not used as intended.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.