[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MAKE IT RUN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: yVPo52L.jpg (261 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
yVPo52L.jpg
261 KB, 500x600
You know what's the most underrated aspect of game design? The part where the game's up and running instantly after you start it up. I find myself often playing Binding of Isaac even though its design is flawed to hell. But it's very easy to pick up, there's no several minutes of going through logos and menus and loading states.

Good optimization is also tied to TECHNOLOGY because it takes effort to program.
>>
>tfw that will be a selling point in a few years that devs will have to sell as a feature because games will continue to get worse in loading times/installing/patching/etc.

REMEMBER ALL THOSE GAMES IN 2015 THAT TOOK FOREVER TO EVEN START PLAYING?! WELL OOOOUUUURRRRR GAME IS INSTANTANEOUS! BUT THE GAME IS DOGSHIT NOT WORTH PLAYING! BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN PLAY IT INSTANTLY! WHO NEEDS PATIENCE?!
>>
>>321544260
Are you fucknig serious OP? Binding of Isaac is pretty much a fucking flash game. Are you seriously trying to compare the loading requirements of that to your average 3d AAA game? Jesus christ.
>>
>>321544260
Super Hexagon was good at that.

You'll probably only find it with small indie games.
>>
>>321546552
Binding of Isaac has more TECHNOLOGY than most AAA games, and better bossfights. Its mutations and physics models put most of that soulless crap to shame and I don't even like most of its mechanics.
>>
>>321546552
This mentality is what drives the devolution in video games. You fucking retard, completely oblivious to how games ran in the past.
>>
>>321547095
What does that even mean? Something having more technology? How can you even quantify technology? And why do you have to say TECHNOLOGY?
>>
>>321547206
What you mean in that they looked like ass and ran like it too?
>>
MW2 was great at this, I could be in a match in under a minute after booting up.
>>
File: 1434542481883.png (344 KB, 479x489) Image search: [Google]
1434542481883.png
344 KB, 479x489
>>321544260
>it's design is flawed to hell
yes master of design, educate us plebs about how to design a game as it id appareny you know best.

Do us a favor and fuck off you kike.

(I agree that it's a problem that the optimization is being ignored by most devs tho)
>>
File: 1437505800963.gif (131 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1437505800963.gif
131 KB, 285x287
>>321547890
like doom and quake rite? It's not like you can run those on fucking oscilloscopes or something...
>>
>>321549618
dont make core mechanic a skinner box for start
>>
File: 4chan plugs in its brain.jpg (82 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
4chan plugs in its brain.jpg
82 KB, 480x360
OP I'm so happy for you that your flash games are running fluidly on your PC.
>>
>>321544260
QTFT. I love games that make me log in first. Also, I love that my fucking PS4/XBONE have to load the OS instead of my fucking game.

I can't wait until web games start to take over. It's coming, like it or not.

hex.frvr.com
summonstrike.com
>>
>>321550205
>Direct reply to a stupid op
>Same vein of pictures of random celebrities

Hmm...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.