[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember this fucking mess of a game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: destiny.jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
77 KB, 400x465
Remember this fucking mess of a game?
>>
>>321539934
I have friends that still play it for hours each week. The amount of games on consoles right now is pathetic
>>
It's decent enough. Bit barebones is all.

At least there's more to do in open world mode than MGSV
>>
>>321540061
The funniest part is I've heard one of them say "I can't go back to generic shooters after this game"
>>
Yeah, I started playing at TTK.

Pretty fucking good fps if you're a gameplay-uber-alles type like me and you just wanna shoot some aliens in the face.
>>
>>321539934
yeah, its good now
>>
What's so disappointing is that the basis of a great game is there. But the crucible is awful and terribly balanced, and there's just not enough game in the open world.
>>
Was tempted to buy Legendary edition today for 50 bucks.

Am I insane?
>>
>>321540351
It has some of the best gunplay in first person shooter games though.
>>
>>321540671
Yes.
>>
>>321540671
Its on sale on PSN for $45 or $40 if you're PS+. Comes with everything except the cosmetic shit.

If you've never played it, I'd say thats a pretty good deal. Lots of content now.
>>
>>321539934
bought some "super fucky magic" edition on launch thinking it would get me all the DLC

wow was I mistaken
Fuck video games.
>>
>>321540480
Spent the time waiting for TTK doing both raids once a week watching them bumble the core mechanics of how their weapons and upgrade system worked. Cleared TTK content including flawless by the second week and realized that the rest of the expansion was just going to be what I had been doing + PoE runs. The PvP was unplayable due to latency and the PvE broke down into such sterile repetitive strats that it didn't seem worth sticking around.
>>
I recently started playing it with friends again. A lot better than what was going on at launch
I still miss the loot cave.
>>
>>321540480
>>321540709

Yeah this. I play destiny from time to time.
Games is decent for what it tries to be and the gunning is pretty good. Playing this on ps4 and even if I wanted I dont have many alternatives on it.
>>
>>321540963
PoE runs have been obsolete since shortly after HoW dropped though. Why would you ever go back?

PvP is unplayable now because they fucked it up in the latest patch. Another thing Bungie can't do right.
>>
>>321540215
I thought the "open world" in Destiny was the most laughable video game "content" I'd seen until I played MGSV
>>
Bought it on launch. Played for 2 hours and never went back to it.
>>
I really like destiny. I just wish the game didn't revolve entirely around the raids. I'm not the best at shooters so forcing me into an environment where I have to perform at a high level or cause the hyper aggressive shootan fan boys I have to group with to shit on me for messing up a single jump somewhere just stressed me out.

Any time I did a raid it was more relief that the boss was over and i did not screw up than any kind of actual enjoyment.

If there was any other way to progress in the game id still play probably. But the game just isn't for me sadly.
>>
>>321541097
It seems like bungie just keeps fucking up and never learns
>>
>>321541142
You don't need to do the raid for any reason though. The raid exists for the end-endgame which is level 310+ (on hard mode; on normal its 300). You can hit 300 without doing a single raid.
>>
>>321541097
PvP has been unplayable since people first discovered the OP bullshit strategies a month after the game came out
>>
I just started playing again and did Nightfall a few days ago.
Do all the NF rewards suck ass now?
>>
>>321541016
Almost 2016 and people are still using controllers for FPS games. Hilarious
>>
>>321541328
They've been bad since TTK launched. If you want exotics, buy Three of Coins from Xur and grind strikes/PvP.
>>
>>321539934
I can't play it anymore. I bought, and paid for all expansions. I kept getting let down. The devs and team really fucked up on this one. They listened to the wrong feedback,knee-jerked a lot of issues, and basically destroyed their own game. I don't care how "fun" the gameplay is when only a handful of guns are viable after a nerf happy meta in what is, mindblowingly enough, clearly not a competitive PvP game.
Ques are starting to take too long.
Destiny 2 is the only salvageable thing.
>>
>>321541474
Apparently there's more DLC coming too.
>>
It's a more hyped shittier version of Borderlands.
>>
>>321541414
I got 10 coins from doing NF, and I still haven't gotten any exotics after using 5 of them.
Is there a right way to use them? I just use them before killing a strike boss.
>>
>>321541474
Non-competitive PvP is fine, except for when Trials exists and is pushed as ultra competitive.

>>321541572
No DLC until the next full release in next September. Just free updates till then.

>>321541615
Shielded ultras don't work (Psion Flayers and Omnigul). You're using them right. There's an invisible cooldown that the community theorizes lasts anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>321540847
>not reading all the lines

Its your own danm fault faggot
>>
>>321541572
I can't be arsed. It will be more of the exact same. TTK was a lot like Heavensward. At first, everyone was thrilled with the new content. Then as the game kept playing, people realized the way the game handled the expansion actually killed the game.
PoE and TBD were trash. Utter actual garbage. Them ain't good odds.

I'll just wait till last gen is dropped or PC versions come.
>>
bought all shit yesterday for $40 on psn sales

having a lot of fun

is there anything wrong with me?
>>
>>321541724
>non-competetive PvP is fine
It's really not though, even the forums scream constantly about the shape of >crucible
>>
>>321541724
Should I use the rest of my coins all at once or would I be better off only using one at a time?
These things make no fucking sense.
>>
The fov makes me mad, and balance sucks ass, but other than that not bad. Just nothing to do
>>
>>321541870
I don't see the reasoning behind dropping past-gen will somehow enable Bungie to make good decisions regarding the game.

>>321541970
I meant in theory. PvP will always be a point of contention between the dev's and the playerbase, but Bungie can't seem to figure out how they want their game to play. Do they want it super fast paced, run n' gun? Do they want encounters to be a bit slower paced? They don't have a clue. It doesn't help their map design is atrocious either.

>>321542120
Always one at a time. Using more than one doesn't increase your chances at all.
>>
Pretty decent value for the Legendary edition
But the amount of content in vanilla was pathetic
>>
File: 1450102628552.jpg (19 KB, 253x296) Image search: [Google]
1450102628552.jpg
19 KB, 253x296
They made it enjoyable with The Taken King and then turned 360 degrees and shot themselves in the kneecaps by adding the most offensive microtransactions of all time.
>>
>>321542619
In the grand scheme of microtransactions, they're not that offensive.
>>
Rímember it? I still play it!

And I will probably keep playing it for a loooooong time.
>>
>>321542619
>Cosmetic micro-transactions is worse then paying $25 for DLC
Gameplay DLC is free now faggot, it was a great turn.
>>
>>321543219
It is? So they further fucked year one supporters in the ass?
>>
>>321543316
No still have to pay for all the DLC that's been released, new DLC will be free.
>>
File: 1450323760423.jpg (12 KB, 215x250) Image search: [Google]
1450323760423.jpg
12 KB, 215x250
>>321543730
>No still have to pay for all the DLC that's been released
Except thats not true, Bungie pretty much fucked all the patreon supporters who bought their game on launch by making TTK game version which is 65 dollars contain ALL the DLC that was launched up to that point free. And the people who have been on since day one paid almost 100 dollars for the same game. So yeah, they did fuck the year one supporters in the ass.
>>
why is it so empty and boring, and why is it so bad, and why is there only like 10 gear items everyone has the same ones?

diablo 2 was the best loot rpg and always will be apparently no dev can make a better looking updated version of diablo 10 years later.
>>
>>321543730
New dlc is just shit events like sparrow racing and hat Halloween.
>>
File: donwtf.png (139 KB, 284x354) Image search: [Google]
donwtf.png
139 KB, 284x354
>>321539934

I just got a PS4 and all I have is Bloodborne and the legendary edition of this game.

What exactly is wrong with it? Just repetitive? I've only got like 4 or 5 hours in but it seems pretty solid. I mean I assume this is going to be like Borderlands where the main driving force behind playing the game is getting better random drops and shit constantly.

Does this game actually become dogshit later on or is it just that its never going to break from this formula its established here in the first two hours?
>>
>>321544316

that's how it works, faggot, you buy stuff new and it costs more than if you wait a year.
>>
>>321544560
The game is just repetitive as fuck, the only fun you can have with it is run it with bros and shit, the situation fun.
>>
>>321544752
sadly this.
>>
>>321541615
Use a coin when you go to kill the boss of a strike.
Wait about 10 minutes before using another.
Don't use more than one at once.

From what I hear, youre almost guaranteed to get an exotic if you go into a strike playlist, do a couple strikes in a row WITHOUT using a coin, and then use a coin on the boss of the third strike.
>>
>>321543730
New content DLCs comparable to The Dark Below or House of Wolves won't be free. These events like SRL and the Halloween event are what's free, and even then they both have shit you have to buy.
>>
>>321540810
I bought this during the black friday sale and it's pretty amazing now, the original story is nonexistant it deserved 5/10, Dark Below is a slap in the face, House of wolves was alright, taken king story was really good though, all of that combined the game feels complete now and is how the game should have launched. Year one players got fucked over extremely badly.

I play it pretty casually now and can see myself sticking around for a long time since its very fun and casual friendly but I imagine people who no life the game will really burn out the content in 2-3 months.
>>
i really enjoyed destiny. been playing regularly since release, but i haven't touched SRL. game wouldn't have been fun if i didn't have a clan to play with, but for about a year straight, a group of people from my clan would get on and do all the raids at reset. TTK was pretty good but KF was overrated and VoG is still a better raid IMO

i wouldn't have fun with this game if i didn't have friends to play it with. i don't understand how people can raid with randoms, and i don't understand how people play iron banner without a group of friends.

though, recently, as i've said, i haven't even touched SRL and have only logged on destiny to complete the challenge modes, which were pretty easy.
>>
>>321543730
stop spouting this meme. i have been playing this game heavily since release, though, again, recently i haven't played at all other than to complete challenge mode with my clan.

most people i know have essentially stopped playing because of the microtransactions. there is no DLC. the DLC you speak of is events like SRL and festival of the lost, which are trash. everyone in my clan was waiting for another raid, or even PoE (which we all felt was overrated and believed CE was much better). releasing a racing mini game and collecting candy is not DLC.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.