[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Way of the Samurai 1 was the best in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: fae1ea843de6.jpg (44 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
fae1ea843de6.jpg
44 KB, 350x500
Can we all agree that Way of the Samurai 1 was the best in the franchise?

Samurai Western was bretty gud
>>
It really is a shame how this series took a sharp nosedive after the first game

It had some wacky elements sure but the last one was full on gonzo so random bullshit that really takes you out of it
>>
>>321527554
What went so right with the first game? 4 felt mechanically better but in comparison felt soulless.

>That mission in WoTS1 where you have to protect the baby and i jump kicked around in the amidst of battle.
>>
Don't know why people shit on 4 so much, it's loads of fun.
>>
>>321528425
4 is an okay entry, it did many things right like expanding the customization and bringing back the push-pull system. But it felt to me that the developers didn't really understand what made the first game charming. Sure they have brought down the number of endings from 20 to 6 but the story feels weak. In the first game almost everything you did will have a consequence and it feels like you are really shaping the story according to your choices. In 4, you can betray the government and join them tomorrow with almost no repercussion.
>>
>>321528425
Go play the originals then
There's a reason people shit on hitman absoluton, DmC, Laura croft and Thi4f
>>
>>321529332
The push-pull system fucking confounds me. How do you know whether the enemy is pushing or pulling?
>>
I actually really liked the 3rd game, maybe just as much as the 1st one.
>>
>>321526807
How is 3? Only played the fourth game.
>>
>>321530157
Can't remember much in the original since I played the 3rd recently.
Red = enemy is pushing
Blue = enemy is pulling
>>321530387
3rd would be perfect without the terrible town side quests
>>
>>321526807
Who the fuck expects anyone to get the true ending for Wots 1 without consulting guides?
>>
>>321526807
They fucked it up by using jibberish instead of voices or just leaving them silent.
>>
i never got around to playing these games because they were broken in emulation

aren't they just samurai yakuza games?
>>
>>321530509
Great gameplay
Tons of endings, most of them are wacky.
You need to farm side quest rewards to get some endings and that's the only big downside
>>
>>321530697
Same can be said for all their games. Getting true ending was balls even if you had the timeline.
>>
>Playing
>Beaten it a few times, now just replaying to improve my swords
>Oh hey, guy with tattoos harassing a woman
>Sorry, got places to be, need cash, sucks to be your lady
>Do some shit, go right to the smith
>Blade is almost perfect
>Time for a test cut
>Kill the smith, 2 swings less this time
>Grab his hammer, book it for the exit
>Leave the town, add the smiths hammer to my bank with the rest
>>
>>321531037
I was referring to 4 which was the only game who had the timeline.
>>321530813
The psp port runs well on ppsspp and there is a English patch for it.
>>
I wish the devs had a budget behind them for these games.

>>321530813
They're pretty different, I dunno why WotS and Yakuza are mentioned together all the time beyond having a Japanese setting. Maybe both fanbases just have equally good taste in games or something, I dunno.
>>
>>321531429
Probably because of Yakuza Ishin
>>
>implying 4 isnt the best
Sorry you dont like wacky.
>>
>>321526807
4 story is pretty good
the leave laura and kill the 3 daughter one is my favorite ending
will there ever be a fifth one on PC ?
how did the 4th one sold on steam ?
>>
What the fuck is up with the black masks in WotS4?

I completed until the tournament and knew I was gonna be kentucky fried samurai so I lost on purpose, but then these fuckers start attacking me every night, can I even put a stop to that? there's no event that says so, and these fuckers just keep attacking with no end in sight

Also how the hell do I get pupils?
>>
2 > 1 > western > 4 > 3
>>
Is 4 worth picking up right now during the sale.
>>
>>321532417
beat up people with blunt side of your sword, then ask them if they want to join
>>
>>321532417
You can always turn around and walk away from the pot.

There's a reason the game gives you control of your character.

Just keep saying "This is bullshit" when the rewards come up and walk away.
>>
Does it emulates well?
>>
>>321533384
When I emulated it, I didn't have any problems so I'd say yeah.
>>
File: 1367197380781.jpg (31 KB, 624x184) Image search: [Google]
1367197380781.jpg
31 KB, 624x184
>>321533506
Nice, thanks.
>Yakuza 2
>Way of the Samura 1
>Euro Truck 2
Best weekend.
>>
>>321532547
Seconding this. Also, hows the pc port?
>>
>>321533863
yeah, there is PC port
I think it's on sale right now on Steam
>>
>>321533973
I mean, is it a shitty port or a good one where the devs actually gave a fuck
>>
>>321534065
It's 50% off on Steam.
>>
>>321528242

Because 1 felt like a samurai movie. Thats what the sequels fail. I felt like I was some random ass swordsman who got roped into a local dispute between politicians and criminals and had to pick a side.

With the rest, you didn't feel like that. You just felt like a merc. Hell, the entire time in 3 and 4 was just 'oh fight after fight' with no world building and constant japanese memes and jokes.

1 might have had them originally but the English version felt better done.

The rest of the series feel like a pathetic version of Yakuza-esque games without being as good as Yakuza.
>>
File: 1450065974802-0.jpg (350 KB, 1999x1311) Image search: [Google]
1450065974802-0.jpg
350 KB, 1999x1311
>>321534198
Anon,
>>
>>321534371
-Started a new game+
-Play as a fist samurai who doesn't want to get involved in anything
-go to back roads
-bump into character I made on first playthrough and he killed me.

-Trust no one, not even yourself.

10/10

It's only 11.49 right now on Steam.
>>
>>321533863
>>321534065
I've played a couple hours on the GoG version. It seems competent. Occasionally the soft fabrics on people's arms would fuck up and become static (sticking out like boards from people's arms), but that could just as easily be my computer so I really don't know.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.