[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got pic related for Christmas, getting the amiibo when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: PS_WiiU_ShovelKnight_enGB.jpg (129 KB, 456x642) Image search: [Google]
PS_WiiU_ShovelKnight_enGB.jpg
129 KB, 456x642
Got pic related for Christmas, getting the amiibo when it's finally released. The booklet is great, full and colour and everything.

What am I in for? Any tips?

Shovel Knight/WiiU/indieshit thread?
>>
>>321522692
>bought the WiiU version
Why not on Steam? It was both cheaper and it runs better.
>>
>>321522692
Expect fun platforming reminiscent of the golden age of platforming
>>
>>321522692
Shovel Knight is fucking awesome.
Be prepared to have fun.

Also, if you haven't played an old-school video game in a while, be prepared to remember a time when games actually required skill and didn't just handhold you through the entire thing with quick-time events.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6 KB, 245x206
>>321522758
Nah man, the WiiU version is excellent.
Especially if you're playing with the Pro controller.

Pic not really related but sort of I guess
>>
>>321522758
Wanted the amiibo too like a massive faggot.

Plus the digger diary and shit looks fun.

Kratos doesn't fuss me, don't have an xbone for Toads, 3D seems pointless and I want that battle mode when it comes out.

My favourite platformer when I was younger was SML2: 6 Golden Coins, will this reignite the rage and love I felt for that game?
>>
File: BaronSet-630x652.png (319 KB, 630x652) Image search: [Google]
BaronSet-630x652.png
319 KB, 630x652
>>321522758
U wot ? Even the 3DS version runs exactly the same.

Enjoy the game OP. The amiibo content is pretty fun too.
>>
>>321524578
What do you actually get from it?

Either way, it'll go well with Olimar, Samus, Squid and 8bit Mario.
>>
File: image.png (227 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227 KB, 750x1334
>>321525236
>>
File: WVW69iqEoTwJeR1I6Q.jpg (230 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69iqEoTwJeR1I6Q.jpg
230 KB, 400x240
>>321525236
It unlocks an alternative mode for the Shovel Knight campaign. You are able to customize Shovel Knight and give him a good amount of new stuff.

You don't get upgrades the normal way (tickets for health, buying upgrades, items from Chester).
Instead, you gain XP by collecting money, and you can level up to level 50.

Each level randomly unlocks something. It can be a relic (including several new relics), a passive effect (double jump, sprint...), a charge effect (holding the attack button, you can get the explosion jump thing from Plague Knight, you can do the same retarded drill-jump Palpatine does in Episode III, etc...), an animation/taunt (evil laugh like Black Knight, vomit rainbow...), a visual effect (pets, that shadow trail effect like in Castlevania...), and finally models (completely change the character's sprite, there's a super badass armor).

Additionally, each time you beat a level, you unlock around four new palette swaps.
>>
File: WVW69iqEXjQVCYffT-.jpg (176 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69iqEXjQVCYffT-.jpg
176 KB, 400x240
Better pick of said badass armor.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.