[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a wii u for Christmas Is there any reason to get a physical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1058x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1058x1058
I got a wii u for Christmas

Is there any reason to get a physical game anymore? Isn't it just an inconvenience to have to get up every time you want to change the game, and maybe even loose the ability to play it if it gets scratched?
>>
>>321514675
To be really the owner of your games
>>
>>321514675
>I got a wii u for Christmas
>Is there any reason to get a physical game anymore?
Depends on how many games you actually want.
Hope you've got a spare hard-drive if you're thinking of buying games like Fatal Frame V.
>>
>>321515135
is there any reason to get a physical girlfriend? same thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 693x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 693x676
Digital all the way. The least plastic I can own, the better because I lead an /fa/ eco-friendly lifestyle (wii u being the most stylish and energy efficient console of all). Physical is for disgusting neets. A physical disk library is the biggest eyesore ever(after a *battlestation* of course). Not that you would ever bring a girl home anyway. At least with a digital library I can hide my autism.
>>
>>321514675
My nephew got a WiiU too.
>>
I was gifted mario maker. Made a bit of a mistake opening it. Really don't see myself wanting to play it ever again, i think the lack of a goal kills it for me.
>>
>>321517662
Why does she have left leg for right one, and vice versa?
>>
>>321514675
>Is there any reason to get a physical game anymore
For the WiiU specifically, you REQUIRE an external HDD to have more than 1 or 2 games readily available because the WiiU ships with a tiny internal drive.
>>
File: 1379642989630.jpg (35 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1379642989630.jpg
35 KB, 554x439
>>321517662

>digital
>eco-friendly

Do you think games just magically appears on your console or PC? Energy is required to drive the servers that you download those games from. Digital downloads have a higher carbon footprint than physical media (blu-ray in this study). Get off your high horse, /fa/ggot.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/jiec.12181/
>>
>>321517662
>eco friendly livestyle

You can play pretend all you want, but your existance alone takes the energy that 10x third worlders use if you live in a first world country.
>>
>>321514675
what country is this? France?
>>
>>321518623
yep
>>
Physical is cheaper because Nintendo are the only distributor of digital Wii-U stuff, setting extortionate prices on the Eshop, and offering garbage sales.
There's not that many great games for the system so cases taking up physical space won't be an issue, and as long as you're not a hamhanded retard, your discs won't get scratched and lose the ability to play.
>>
>>321514675
Ah yes, Christmas, the time where you put giant, inflatable anal-plugs into your city.
>>
>>321518192
Her legs are crossed
>>
>>321518484
>Digital downloads have a higher carbon footprint than physical media (blu-ray in this study)

Depends on how you produce that energy.
I'm nuclear.
>>
>>321519312
Yes, and? My point still stands.
>>
>>321519312
>when you cross your legs your toes switch sides on your feet
you might want to see a doctor
>>
>>321518484
Couldn't find the whole article so I'll base my reply based on that tiny blurb.
I will concede that video game size is on the rising trend. However, the study assumes a lot (something it admits). PS3 (used in the study) uses 200-300 watts, Wii U 35. Almost all the games I own and their file size all fall into the "no conclusion can be made" range. Electricity where I live is from a renewable source (hydro). If I had to make a bet on which of disk recycling technology and digital distribution energy efficiency is going to improve more in the future, logic would go with the latter. Even the article admits internet energy intensity will go down. Have fun hoarding though.
>>
>>321520551
Akihiko Yoshida can do no wrong so I'll assume it's a siqq fetish of his.
>>
>>321521941
>Electricity where I live is from a renewable source (hydro)
Out of curiosity, where do you come from? Brazil?
That's kind of the only country where I am aware that they get a significant amount of their energy from hydro
>>
>>321522156
Venezuela.
>>
>>321514675
Holy shit is that a giant buttplug?
Anyway, if its a Wii u the you should get physical copies because the wii u emulation is still far from being playable. PC+WiiU is a great if you have steam account, but with all the bullshit that happened recently, i dont know, i dont have steam.
>>
>>321514675
>modern 'art'
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 608x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 608x607
>>321522156
Canada. I don't feel as bad playing an epic JRPG for 10 hours straight knowing the electricity wasn't generated by some orphan chucking coal into a furnace to produce STEAM energy.
>>
>>321518192
ayy lmao?
>>
>>321514675
Able to resell physical
Physical is sometimes cheaper
Easier to take over to a friend's house
Saves hard drive space
Never have to worry about getting locked out of your account
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 636x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 636x912
Games like smash and 3D world sure, but I always like to have physical copies of a few like pic related.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.