[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing pic related for the first time on pain mode >One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
Playing pic related for the first time on pain mode

>One use save points
>Lite item drops
>Constant risk when resting
>Losing team members at random

What other games give you this kind of difficulty option /v/?

Also LISA thread
>>
File: 1268256035488.jpg (43 KB, 421x599) Image search: [Google]
1268256035488.jpg
43 KB, 421x599
>mfw Undertale is perceived to be the pinnacle of indie bullshit while LISA wallows away in obscurity

Brad had a hard life.
>>
Finishing off the joyful tonight before planning my second painful playthrough. Rec me some party members

Last time i used
Nern
Olaf
Mad dog

Also dat ost
>>
>>321501231
BIRDIE
MAD DOG
SHOCK LORD

BEST TEAM
>>
>>321501231
Is Joyful worth getting?

Right now I'm using
Yazan (boosting agility)
Birdie (healing and fire boost)
and Ajeet (debuff and tank)
>>
>Cut arm to save my lucha bro
>Shits flyin like a god damn motherfucker at enemies
>Last stage
>haha it was my plan to fuck your kid all along
wtf man i cut my arm for you
>>
>>321501701
Joyful adds some resolution to Buddy's role in all of this, but a mostly solo ride with hardly any humor left in it. Sure, there are bits in the beginning which are funny, but the whole thing is a downward spiral.

That being said, the last stretch of the game was quite a ride. The OST is also pretty good, too.
>>
>>321501701
Joyful is very noticeably rushed. It's gameplay is a significant step down and the writing is really weak compared to Painful. It continues where the Painful left off, so you get some degree of closure, but unless you're really dying to see where the story goes once you beat Painful I honestly don't think I'd recommend it.
>>
>>321501701
If you're satisfied with the ending to Painful I'd just leave it at that, but if you need a more concrete resolution to things it might be worth your time.
>>
>>321501231
fly is the best
>>
>>321502031
yeah some of the party members are shit asses.
>>
>>321502472
Fly + Birdie makes the game basically unlosable.
>>
>>321501207
>game is obscure enough that every thread on /v/ about it is nice discussion
>game is popular as fuck, gets constant threads, shitposted, autismic fans have enough volume to debase the overall fanbase, etc.
pick your poison
>>
>>321502536
Most of the party members. A good 2/3rds.
>>
Just got this game.

I think I'm a shitter.

How do I git gud at this game?
>>
>>321504394
You love status effects long time.
>>
>>321504394
>Abuse status effects
>Only sleep at secure camps
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>321504394
The first section is the hardest
Just about everything is vulnerable to status effects, use them at every opportunity
Use firebombs too
>>
>>321504453
>>321504550
>>321504582
I also picked the 'Pain' difficulty at the start and I refuse to be a babby and quit.

And I think I'm only getting by by making Terry rage everyone so they hit themselves. That's the only way I killed that blob dude near the soupman.

I'm bad at this.
>>
>>321504696
Pain only adds some enemies and prevents you from abusing saves.

Terry's status effects are okay. It's just that his HP pool is so fucking nonexistent.
>>
>>321504696
Nigga, having Terry make everyone go ballistic is just turning controlled fights into RNG.
Some bosses will one hit KO your crew if you piss them off, or they'll do significant damage to themselves. Personally I don't ever use the effect.
>>
>>321504696
Pissed can be pretty hit or miss on regular enemies but it's great for mutants. Look into getting someone who can burn or poison. Once Brad learns head slide, never go back
>>
>>321504880
Olan's Poison Arrows DESTROY people aren't immune.
>>
How exactly did Wally not notice Buddy in the cave?

Isn't that where he gets the meat from?
>>
>>321504824
better they insta KO your team instead of biting their heads off
pissed OP
>>
>>321504824
Yeah, I kinda figured the RNG part was the 'painful' part. I just lost my bowman guy due to resting. Is he gone forever? Is this joy withdrawal going to be with me the entire game essentially?
>>321504880
How do I know all this junk without looking up a guide though. I already almost spoiled myself looking up if I should kill Terry or not at the first. Why you gotta throw big decisions like that at me in the beginning game.
>>
>>321505012
I always thought Wally was like half mutant and the meat was from mutated body parts that he cut off. That shit under his mask is not normal

>>321505031
there's a gang in each location that has a chance of taking a dude. You can go get him back if you find their HQ, but you have to pay up.
Don't worry about looking things up in regards to choices. Do what you feel is right.
>>
>>321505182
Oh god I figured this is one of those games that makes me make the 'right decision'. Fuck. That's gonna drive me up the wall. S'good.

Is there a spot I can level up or grind? I'm not very far, I'm to the point where I need a bike I think. I just feel weak as shit currently. And I keep wasting bottles by chucking them in desperation. Goddamnit Terry.
>>
>>321505313
You can grind in the cave with the dark shadows in area 1, the snake field in area 2, and another place later on in the game. You really shouldn't have to grind though, even if you have Terry.
Did you grab Nern, Rooster, or Rage?
>>
>>321505401
I got Nern. He's kinda weak though. I like him but the Bowguy was stronger. Kinda miffed at that. Can't afford the Luchador guy, and the Rooster guy just tells me to leave every time I talk to him.
>snake field in area 2
Wait, that's 'area 2'? How the heck.
>>
>>321505560
There's two snake areas, actually.
>>
>>321501207
I'm fucking glad.

Can have good threads about LISA, can't say the same about Undertale and it's horrible following.

Then again, mental children wouldn't be drawn to something as dark as LISA. Instead of dealing with shit like bullying and low self-esteem, it deals with child abuse, molestation, and suicide.
>>
>>321501427
Shock Lord misses too much to be best. He hits everyone at once and does a lot of damage when he does hit, but his only attack also uses SP which is annoying.

I did
Geese
Olan
Shock Lord (But before him I had Percy, but he auto replaced him after wrestling and I just kept him)

Geese is really good. Never got Birdie or Mad Dog though, thinking of doing another playthrough soon.
>>
>>321502536
>>321504221
>>321502031
Olan was crying during the fight, it kept saying he didn't want to do this. Also because Shock Lord got kidnapped and ripped to shreds by a turbo joy biker monster, I had the gay sword man in my team, so I don't think he woulda fucked her either.
>>
File: Brad.png (3 MB, 6600x3000) Image search: [Google]
Brad.png
3 MB, 6600x3000
is it worth it to finish the pre-quel? its honestly so fucking boring

i havent finished painful/joyful if it counts
>>
>>321506165
you mean Lisa: the First?
It's basically a knock off Yume Nikki and all you learn from it is "Lisa had a hard life", which you can already gather
>>
>>321506165
You mean the free rpgmaker game? I remember that there were some parts where I got kinda stuck, but overall I'm happy I soldiered through it.

At the time Painful wasn't out yet, and I had nothing better to do though. Maybe look up a guide or a playthrough if you don't want to go through it by yourself? It's an interesting thing on it's own, but I'm vaguely remembering a part with spider heads that really pissed me off.
>>
>>321506313
Does more than that.
It has two endings either die or accept the rape.
The accept has you chased down by a naked Marty.
>>
>>321506541
oh shit, i never knew this

i just had her die
>>
Pain mode really isn't that hard. I finished my first playthrough of the game on pain mode and I didn't face any issues. Just use birdy.
>>
>>321507034
y'know, Pain mode kinda sucks for a first time run because you don't get Hawk Hollywood's glorious scene
>>
>>321505313
>I figured this is one of those games that makes me make the 'right decision'.

FYI, the creator of this game said he made this to specifically avoid doing this.

You will reach decisions that have no real "right" decisions
>>
>>321501231
Nern
Olan
Terry

The three amigos.
>>
>>321502217
More songs? So Joyful has a whole new soundtrack? I would get it just for that.
>>
File: 1447490660768.jpg (8 KB, 272x252) Image search: [Google]
1447490660768.jpg
8 KB, 272x252
>>321499282
>Never played LISA before
>Game asks me if I can stand Pain
>"Yeah I guess that's asking me if I want the full experience"
>Choose pain mode
>"Okay this isn't so bad."
>Savepoint explodes
>"I've made a terrible mistake."
>>
>>321507325
It's bitchin' too.

https://youtu.be/aZuI3ZkCHfs
https://youtu.be/bg6SCZjI48U
https://youtu.be/PWHxy2nFW4k
>>
>>321507219
Holy fucking shit. I used these three amazing assholes all the way up until midway through area 2. I ended up switching Terry out for Yazan because I like his cat and Iai schtick. Swapping Terry was a very hard decision for me considering I gave away my stuff and sacrificed my arm for him. Still using Nern and Olan though. God damn do they shred shit up.
>>
>>321501427
Shocklord is your only true bro at the end
>>
>>321501207
It's great that it's obscure actually, dingaling posted somewhere about his next game being even darker and having more extreme themes than LISA, almost just to spite the current gaming culture
>>
File: FFLIII_Borgin_US_Artwork.jpg (24 KB, 296x380) Image search: [Google]
FFLIII_Borgin_US_Artwork.jpg
24 KB, 296x380
What is the difference between normal and pain modes?
>>
>>321504696
Try grinding a bit in the dark caves if things get too crazy, you can get money and jerky and soda there to make your time slightly more pleasant
>>
>>321508232
pain
>>
>>321506060
Shocklord will not attack you during the final fight. He literally does not have an attack programmed. So you're right.
>>
>>321502031

Oddly, even though Rage wanted Buddy, he still cries and hesitates during battle.

>>321501701

Not as good as Painful, but it's on sale if you got a buck or two available.
>>
File: 1450991459505.gif (55 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1450991459505.gif
55 KB, 550x400
>>321505560

Nern is pretty good for helping characters with abilities that eat up lots of TP or SP.

The Chicken Guy will join if you find something for him. You'll probably be able to guess what it is once you find it.

>>321508232

Save points are one use only. More bosses. Enemies use permakill moves more often. A special ending and you can access the joy lab in the neighborhood (normally, it's locked in regular mode).
>>
>>321508109
>Even darker than LISA
everyone will going to die isn't it
>>
File: 1450497091813.gif (2 MB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1450497091813.gif
2 MB, 450x300
>>321511458
>everyone will going to die isn't it
>>
>>321499282
>terry + birdie
What difficulty?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.