[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Why Hearthstone sucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 29
File: 2MB2T7C.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2MB2T7C.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
Title, do your thing /v/
>>
>>321482103
For a card game, it's a great

If you take it too seriously and getting mad all the time you're doing it wrong however
>>
too much RNG. Like way too much.
>>
Relies too much on RNG.
>>
>>321482103

It is a great card game, but the RNG is not fun. Not even for a casual gamer.
>>
At least it isn't Commander
>>
p2w
>>
It doesn't suck.. at all.

There might be some negative things in it like what >>321482361 said but all in all, It's a very well made game.
>>321482530
I've never needed to pay a dime in this game, if you need to pay for this game, either you're not wanting to wait (understandable) or you just suck at card games (also understandable)
>>
>>321482530
So like every other TCG.
>>
File: qY87NFtigazi.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (92 KB, 878x549) Image search: [Google]
qY87NFtigazi.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
92 KB, 878x549
>>321482103

It's basic as hell. I've spent no money on the game, play casually for maybe 20 minutes a day and according to Blizzard's info I am in the top 4% of all players in the world with a deck I copied on the internet.

There is no skill required.
>>
>>321482103
RNG is the regular response, but most people don't realize that even the best card game is still going to be at least 50% RNG unless it allows for a shitload of hand fixing. The real problems killing HS are the overall jew pricing and the fact that Blizzard refuses to balance old cards. New players coming into the game are completely fucked because many of the best cards are behind gigantic grindwalls that can't be surprassed by normal craafting, and almost all of the vanilla cards you get for free have all been outclassed massively by newer ones. More money for blizz though, so it will probably never get fixed.
>>
Because Ben Brode sucks dicks and refuses to buff old cards or nerf broken cards because he wants to sell as many packs/expansions as possible.
>>
File: carl.png (50 KB, 900x1151) Image search: [Google]
carl.png
50 KB, 900x1151
>>321482103

Alright let's go
>shitty force esports that's way too RNG to be taken seriously
>shitty grind or pay to win system
>blizzards retarded balancing that completely gut cards if their too strong
>card expansions are blatant cashgrabs that just shit out 4 or 5 good cards out of 150
>adventures are decent, but too expensive to be worth it, and they lock the best cards deep into the expansion so you're forced to grind even more
>servers are a complete joke for some regions
>power creep and refusal to update/balance frequently
>warlock is still a class

My fucking favorite deck in the game was patron,. because it was so fucking good, but required decent planning for it to work, and now it's completely gutted.

Fuck you, blizzard.
>>
>>321482876
Pretty much. You can't directly buy or trade for cards though so it's worse. At least in MTG you can shell out a few hundred dollars for a Jace or whatever, in Hearthstone you need to grind for packets or hope the RNG gods favor you.
>>
File: 1274283308397.png (64 KB, 316x235) Image search: [Google]
1274283308397.png
64 KB, 316x235
>>321483408

>Patron
>Decent planning
>>
File: 1450742025853.jpg (39 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1450742025853.jpg
39 KB, 400x267
>>321482103

The lack of interrupting the opponents play + charge existing is a huge problem and constantly creates issues. Bad rng designs (knife juggler, shredder, unstable portal, etc.) are also issues, but not on a fundamental level. The retarded notion of not changing cards "because it decrease card value" in a digital game is also dumb.
>>
They refuse to take advantage of being an digital card game and regularly update cards. Seriously wasted potential.
>>
>>321483734

This. Real CCGs don't like doing errata since (obviously) they're physical cards and it makes things confusing, especially for new players. But when it's digital there is literally no reason to not just fix broken cards all the time.
>>
>>321482991
dr. 6
>>
I like the game, for the most part.
I'm sick to death of archmage win the game in one turn though
thaurisan turn 5, fucking one turn win with ice spells and infinite fireballs, and if not, there's always ice block
literally 30 to 0 health in 2 turns some games
>>
>>321483609

It's hard to do counters in a digital game, you'd have to add response windows to every single card play which would slow shit down tremendously. MTGO does it but it's also one of the worst game clients in the history of mankind.
>>
File: 1443724340553.jpg (46 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1443724340553.jpg
46 KB, 500x384
>>321483734
fucking this, you could change shit up instead of releasing a new expansion with card x that's an objective upgrade over the older card y but fuck you you're just getting a nerf every once in a while
i haven't been with this game long but has a card ever been buffed?
>>
>>321484382
>i haven't been with this game long but has a card ever been buffed?

Of course not, they'll just release a better card in the next expansion so you have to spend or grind for it.
>>
>>321484278

That's true but charge existing will forever make uninterruptible plays an issue
>>
>>321484741

Secrets were there attempt at interrupts, and they help put not nearly enough.
>>
>>321484847
Why the fuck doesn't every class have secrets? Why limit who can have trap cards?
>>
>>321485023

Fuck if I know. But giving secrets to every class may be enough to solve the lack of interrupt problem.
>>
>>321485023
whoever doesn't have access to secrets has an exclusive mechanic cept warlock (choose one, combo, overcharge) but yeah there's no reason everybody can't have secrets AND an exlusive mechanic
balance is hard t. blizzard
ps feed me money
>>
>>321482103

It is Magic stripped of its depth
>>
File: The Listening.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Listening.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
The game is very uninteractive by design since you can only act during your turn. The nature of the cards and factions means that the vast majority will be shit since there's nothing restricting you from playing neutrals whatsoever. RNG is a problem sure but it's only a small part of it. Piloted Shredder would still be ridiculous, hell maybe even better than it is now, if it consistently dropped a 2/2 token because it is guaranteed to trade up no matter what unless it's answered directly. (Cont'd)

>>321483408
Patron didn't "require planning", you had to add up lethal so that you wouldn't time out in 90 seconds which was made difficult by the long as fuck animations. The deck's gameplan was literally "Edge until you hit 10 mana then unload all over the opponent's face." Patron was fucking boring.
>>
File: Ougi.gif (2 MB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
Ougi.gif
2 MB, 500x579
>>321486719
The shit ladder system along with the insane grind/money required for cards means that aggro is generally the way to go and it's aggravating as shit and unsatisfying because all of the matches are singles and there's no side deck option. This is really shitty for both sides because people that want to play with more interesting cards straight up can't afford them half of the time or have to bust their asses to get more, and a lot of the game's tech cards (Mind Control Tech, Harrison Jones, etc.) either go to waste or feel like shit to use on the chance that you go up against matchups in which they are entirely useless. The game is really lame and really boring unless you really want something to play on your phone, in which case there are way better things to eat up phone memory with.
>>
File: OC.jpg (34 KB, 320x454) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
34 KB, 320x454
Oh hi.
>>
File: Reno_Jackson(27228).png (181 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
Reno_Jackson(27228).png
181 KB, 286x395
Am I the only one who gets absolutely butt flustered every time I see some faggot drop this?
>>
>>321482103

Can't trade, can't chat/
>>
had OP put "hearthstone is the perfect card game prove me wrong" you all instantly would have flocked to shut it down. but since you all can tell he wants to know why it sucks, probably for some dumb reason like to argue with his gay ass friends, you all chose to say why its good.
>>
>>321487528

I've not seen a single person in here saying it's good.
>>
no trading, heavily RNG based, ever increasing barrier of entry because they keep releasing more paid content that is strictly better than old stuff
>>
>>321487682

I've never paid for anything in it.
>>
>>321487320
>people complain about secret paladin being OP
>make a secret pally deck myself
>turn 4 lethal
>>
>>321484278
>It's hard to do counters in a digital game
YGO/Devpro does it just fine.
>>
they added so much rng shit in gvg is ruined the game forever

boom bots, implosion, unstable portal and shredder

also shit like knife juggler that can win games on turn 2 gets worse with all new token cards like creeper,implosion, muster etc

early on the worst rng was when everyone had rag i remember everyone ran faceless + bgh to counter it back when there was no good 5 drops except for drake
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>321487320
fuck man i can't count how many games i lost to renolock or control warriors/pallies that are basically renolock
but yeah if you're not running an expensive ass control deck every game devolves into get lethal at 5 or lose, threaten lethal at 6 or lose, or hope the other guy somehow didn't draw reno or lose
>>
>>321482103
Still better than magic duels
>>
File: file.png (187 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
file.png
187 KB, 286x395
This card is why I stopped playing.
>>
The main problem of this game is that beside the heavy RNG, decks counter you way too hard in this game. If you're a freeze mage going up against a control warrior you might as well concede because you aren't going to win the game.
>>
The game doesn't reward a skilled player and any scrub that gets better hand will win that doesn't deserve the win. I stopped playing because of all the bullshit losing to bad players getting lucky.
>>
There's no reason to have a live opponent. Both players just play solitare until one of them wins. It would be more satisfying to have a well programmed bot to play against because then you wouldn't have to wait to take your turn.
>>
It's the greatest casual game ever made

/v/ just hates it because it has a e-sports thing but if you ignore literally everything but the game itself, it's great.
>>
>>321482991
top 4% doesnt mean shit considering its a F2P card game with 30+ million players. Anything below legend is irrelevant, and without being generous only high legend is actually relevant.
>>
>>321487528
You finished typing the OP, immediately typed up this response, then came back to the tab after an hour and hit post without reading the other replies.
>>
>>321487320
Just play combo druid.

Reno jackson gets dropped? In a few turns you'll win with a 20+ damage combo anyway.
>>
LITERALLY RNG the game
>>
because autistic manchildren who like games like Magic the Gathering thought it was going to be Magic the Gathering: Warcraft Edition and instead got a mobile game like it has been saying for the past two years
>>
>>321488485
MTG has more RNG in literally every single format
>>
>>321488585
The only people who say Hearthstone has more RNG than Magic haven't played Magic at a high level.

Hearthstone was made to appeal to WoWbabbies, not Magic players.
>>
>>321488585

Not even fucking close.
>>
File: Fucking Why.jpg (9 KB, 165x148) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Why.jpg
9 KB, 165x148
>>321488258
Except people are giving actual reasons, no matter how mundane, if you were to read the thread.

>>321488503
No, I was looking for a fun game. I didn't get that.
>>
There's no design space because the class system is inherently fucking garbage and because of it the meta has barely moved in two fucking years.

Druid still plays the EXACT same deck archetype that it has played since closed beta. 50% of the cards are exactly the same. The same thing applies to nearly every single top tier deck in the game.

The developers are lazy and and it's too late to fix the game so everything is fucked which sucks because every new card game that comes out for the next ten years is going to copy Hearthstone and be inherently garbage just like what WoW did to MMO's.
>>
>Nobody wants to acknowledge that the current model isn't going to be sustainable for new member retention forever
>Everybody glamours Blizzard's monthly system as it's 'good' for new players despite only 25% of users make it to rank 15
>1 pack a week is also glorified, because it's 1 pack you didn't have so stop being so entitled
>It isn't power creep if people don't use those cards
>Dr Boom
>Nerfing cards out of existence
>calls war commander a good card and "new players don't know how good it is" - Ben Brode
>"Card consistency isn't always good" - Ben Brode
I still enjoy playing this on and off basis
>>
>>321488065
>>321488675

there's nothing in magic even close to shit like shredder, unstable portal, or a knife juggle
>>
>>321488748
This is a good way of putting it

It's a goddamn shame too because online card games could have been good, but instead they decided to make a casual mobile game and it became too popular so everyone will just copy it
>>
>>321488947
>don't draw a land turn 2
>lose

Yeah fuck off back to your game where you literally get a guaranteed mana crystal every turn.
>>
>>321488717
Land screw/flood will fuck over infinitely more games on a match by match basis. If we go to legacy, not having a counterspell or pierce and you can immediately get blown out one game due to elves. You need at least a swords for everything else. Modern is all about who can piece together their entire game winning strategy cards in the first four turns. Limited is obviously RNG from the start.
>>
>>321489056

This is why you can mulligan. And if you've built your deck so bad that you can't reasonably mulligan into the lands you need or draw by turn two then you simply suck at deck building.
>>
Being good at the game will not really have much of an impact on how well you perform. It's basically a glorified slot machine. Very appealing to casual players because it's full of pretty colors, flashing light and carrots on sticks; and most importantly, no matter how bad you are at the game you're bound to win sometimes.
>>
>>321489175
This is why you can plan for the most common result of a Shredder, a 2/3 or 3/2, and if you're so bad you don't have a plan for the edge cases of Doomsayer or Mana Wraith then you simply suck at Hearthstone.
>>
>>321488965
I am hoping that the Elder Scrolls card game will be good because I don't want to play Hearthstone for the next ten years. Card games are amazing and have so much potential in a digital format but shitty developers ruin everything. It blows my mind that MTG STILL doesn't have a good digital client.
>>
>>321489056

bad draw is part of every card game. Tell me the equivalent magic card that gives mage tirion for 3 less mana
>>
>>321489175
>you can't get screwed if you mulligan
even with the new mulligan rule that would be an insanely retarded thing to say

its always people who don't play mtg who try to defend it
>>
>>321489221
There's a huge skill gap between 50% win rate (zero skill at all) and 51% win rate (constant knowledge of shifting meta, smart tech choices, calculating probability of possible opponent counters).

You have to work incredibly hard to get very little reward. Even if you study the game nonstop and play to your fullest "skill" you're still going to lose 49% of the time to people who just started playing a few days ago and built whatever face deck is popular.
>>
File: Rubin.png (415 KB, 795x571) Image search: [Google]
Rubin.png
415 KB, 795x571
>>321489459
Yep, Rubin a MTG Hall of Famer only pulls in 57% and this counts not only Worlds but regular GPs and PTs
>>
File: Brother.png (311 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
Brother.png
311 KB, 400x543
Because this fucker.
>>
I finally got a cool ass warlock deck that I beat some nerds with after dusting for some good cards. But then I got really bored of that since it was the only decent deck I had, and the better cards require more dusts or getting lucky.

Grinding the class dailies wasn't fun at all with their shitty base deck and I decided to quit this game even though I spent like 40 dollars on this pisser. It'd be nice to be able to purchase a constructed deck with good ass cards or dusts instead of gambling away on packs.
>>
File: Hearthstone.gif (2 MB, 474x260) Image search: [Google]
Hearthstone.gif
2 MB, 474x260
>>321482103
>>
>>321490727

just wait till they start selling random legendaries for 10 bucks a pop. single card pack. 5% chance to be golden
>>
>Make an online card game
>Instead of focusing on the fact that you can have cards be reworked and balanced even after they've been released, focus on how many dice the computer can roll per second

okay
>>
I think the game is getting better, the newest adventure added some new ideas that are cool, especially after the joust flop. I think eventually it will reach a degree of complexity that makes it a more enjoyable game but by then the paywall will likely be huge if you haven't kept up with it.
>>
How the hell can f2p player making anything other than zoolock deck?
>>
>>321491283
face hunter

patron warrior was a good cheap deck until retards nerfed it cause they couldn't handle not playing minions
>>
>>321491557
>it's easy to beat this deck
>just don't play minions :D
>>
File: eheheheh.png (96 KB, 210x205) Image search: [Google]
eheheheh.png
96 KB, 210x205
>>321482103
Huge grind to get any kind of progress you can get with $$$.
No ability to respond to enemy threats during his turn ( no blockers and no instants a-la mtg) that leads into stuff that can kill in one turn via charge or burst strong as hell and stuff that can protect you from aggression be must have unless you are full aggro (defensive secrets, healbot, even fucking Reno J). Two of this together turn game into 5 turn facefuck or into LMAO 29 HEALS I AM OUTA CARDS snorefest. And that's not even biggest problems. Since we get more neutral cards over class cards (unlike muh mtg) all them shredders, Booms, knife jugglers, mad scientists, sludge belchers etc create huge amount of same-ish decks.
I can talk for fucking HOURS about how much design team wants this game be as simple as fucking possible and remove all that OH GOD THIS MIGHT CONFUSE POOR RETARD BABY THAT SPENT 60 DOLORIDOS ON PACKS.
>>
>>321491283

Facehunter.
>>
File: Tundra Rhino rework.png (341 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
Tundra Rhino rework.png
341 KB, 400x543
>>321488776
>war commander nerf
That was pure bullshit. They should've limited it to one minion per turn if they hated its combo potential so much.

>>321491116
I liked the joust idea, it acts like a comeback mechanic against similar decks, but with cards like Gadgetzan Jouster existing it's clear they didn't understand the point of jousting.
>>
Power Creep is getting stupid. They SHOULD just buff old cards, a year or two from now it will be literally impossible for a new player to compete past level 20. They're going to have to make some "If you have <50 non-classic cards" matchmaking mode.
>>
File: +1 War Golem.png (332 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
+1 War Golem.png
332 KB, 400x543
>>321492242
Agreed. It's silly how cards aren't even considered because they're so bad.

The only exception is Magma Rager. It's so bad, all new players should be given free golden copies of it.
>>
Could Blizzard introduce some kind of trading system in some facet? I know they have crafting, but I mean some kind of swaps between players? I know it goes against their present model, but any anons here got any ideas on how they could introduce it?
>>
>>321493538
>create 20 free accounts
>do dailies on all of them
>swap cards to one main account
>have full account in a week
>>
I like games that take actual skill. I don't think me and 4 of my mates could ever take a Bo3 over EG in Dota 2 but I do think that I could take a Bo3 over the best Hearthstone player in the world if the RNG was 100% in my favor.
>>
>>321489283
Show and Tell into Emrakul.
>>
File: 4fd67ced.png (307 KB, 400x543) Image search: [Google]
4fd67ced.png
307 KB, 400x543
>>321482103
It's not the only game out there anon.
>>
File: le salty man nazi dick.png (162 KB, 174x636) Image search: [Google]
le salty man nazi dick.png
162 KB, 174x636
Post dicks
>>
Love when people complain about the shit having no depth and being entirely based on RNG
You must just be unlucky to have not hit legend then, huh?
Thats a shame
>>
File: 2SOON 2 ELECTRIC SOONALO.png (171 KB, 175x637) Image search: [Google]
2SOON 2 ELECTRIC SOONALO.png
171 KB, 175x637
>>321497531
This one is pretty shit now a days but I love it
>>
>>321492196
I'll be honest, the card needed to die. I agree with ben on that it restricted them in how they design neutral/warrior cards, but at the same time there were billions of other solutions that were simply better. This +1 attack to charge and then Ben Brode goes on to insult users saying that we don't know what we're talking about? I'm sorry, what? Why use that over raid leader?

Absolutely insane.
>>
>>321497959
Pretty much this
Patron was up and down pro play; it was about as entertaining as watching paint dry
But this change was WAY too big
>>
File: ben_chode.jpg (464 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
ben_chode.jpg
464 KB, 1024x680
>>321498076
On the flip side of this though, Ben Chode made a good point on how limiting Warsong was for them creatively
I'm looking forward to more sick ass Warriors cards like Angry Monkey
>>
>>321492242
>being this autistic
See: Trump's F2P series
>>
>>321486719
Shouldn't you be shitposting /dyg/, Nerffie you giant avatarfag
>>
File: Naisu.jpg (43 KB, 510x434) Image search: [Google]
Naisu.jpg
43 KB, 510x434
>>321498761
I shitpost everywhere
>>
>>321482103
simple, it's not even about specific cards rng
it's about drawing - your opponent gets perfect curve you get 5s and 7s first 5 moves = you are dead
and that can go on with any perfect deck for 20-30 games if you are patient enough
>>
>>321498565
he is playing on american server, try to fight through level 18 netdecks in europe
everything that's on 5-1 level is there you have to grind it and be very lucky to break out of it and then rank 15-10 you start to see people like you with current meta decks that can think properly and it becomes even worse
>>
>>321499146

Welcome to card games.
>>
>>321482860
look i get where you're coming from but it is no longer viable to play exclusively free to play unless you've been doing it since the game came out

you just do not make gold fast enough, good players can go infinite in arena sure but not consistently because this game is riddled with rng that decides games (and not even subtly. cho off shredder anyone?)

each expansion is a whole 700 gold that you either have to fork out or be behind on the power creep

this game makes you pay

granted its not a lot of money, but dont tell people its viable to be f2p
>>
>>321483408
>patron is gutted
kek, look at this faggot. Patron is still really good, it's just not ruling the meta.
>>
>>321500527
This is pretty false

I got this poorfag bengali fuck I know into the game about a month ago
The guy already has 4+ legendaries, the entirety of LoE, the first wing of BRM, and I think more wings than those.
And he hasn't spent a dime.
>>
Its not that bad all things consider.
>>
>>321493538
They won't. Partially because of this
>>321493812
and partially because they're presumably not wanting to go up to the task of going after without a doubt hundreds of claims per day of fraud or someone hacking into their account and trading all their shit to the other person or whatever the fuck. Partially due to laziness and jewishness, partially because that actually is a rather large undertaking to both implement and maintain. They should at least up the value of disenchants, though. Maybe half of the cost of the vanilla minion for a vanilla.
>>
The money system is extremely stingy so unless they pay out the ass, nobody can afford to be making joke decks or anything not meta. It's also not time-efficient to be making anything other than face-rush decks because it's far easier to grind gold than playing control.

Additionally, Blizzard developed the game almost specifically for dumbfucks who play phone games, meaning the depth, complexity of the both the game mechanics and UI possibilities suffer.
>>
I actually have no interest in playing solely because at this point there are so many cards that I don't have. There's just too much good shit that new players just can't compete with. I don't want to have to grind for 20 hours to unlock shit to make a decent deck. Especially considering so many of the stock cards you get are wildly out classed by newer stuff.
>>
Is this game still a grindfest for newcomers?
>>
>>321501393
Wasn't it mathematically proven that it would take you months just to fully unlock one adventure?
>>
>>321502842
It's an even worse grindfest because of adventures.
>>
This is pretty much the only example of an online card game where the devs not only fail to take advantage of the digital format, but manage to introduce nonsensical rng garbage that's ONLY possible to add in a digital format. Tavern brawl being a perfect example of what I mean.

>In this week's brawl, get this: you have a random deck and your opponent has a random deck! What fun!
>In this week's brawl you have a random deck, but here's the twist: your cards have random costs too! How exciting!
>In this week's brawl you have a deck full copies of just one card: it turns into a random card when you play it! Amazing!
>In this week's brawl you can choose from one of three cards, but imagine this: they're totally random! Wow!
>In this week's brawl we replaced your deck with a slot machine. Line up three Boom Bots before your opponent does and we'll flash some lights, play triumphant music and put a gold portrait of you in the middle of the screen you big winner!
>>
RNG
fuckball cards hidden inside expansion packs
>>
>>321503824
That kinds sucks because the game was fun on the first place.

What sucks the most is that InfinityWars is now dead, and it was the best TCG I've played so far, I even dare say the only good one. Is there even a single TCG worth playing now?
>>
File: Untitled.png (164 KB, 300x258) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
164 KB, 300x258
>>321487320
>enemy drops Reno
>you still win
>>
>>321482231
>>321482521

either shills or confirmed for not liking actual card games
>>
>>321482103

It's mostly how packs are done. You get such an insignificant amount of currency you can almost never buy packs, and that is mostly because packs are way more expensive than they deserve to be. Another problem is you are fucked if you are a new player, there is absolutely no way around this. You need to buy adventures and packs, Blizzard need to release bundles where you can get all the adventures together at a discount price, as well as blizzard need to release "theme decks" so you can get a lot of good cards at 1 solid price.
>>
>>321500527
>Trump has made like 5 series starting from scratch
>Reached legendary on all of them
>Not viable
>>
>>321482876
Almost every relevant trading card game has a FREE 3rd party simulator. At least you can playtest a deck before buying it.

>tcg
>TRADING card game
>can't trade cards

thanks blizzard
>>
Lmaoing at all the fags who appear I. Hearthstone threads to comment

>RNG is apart of every game
>MTG IS 50% RNG TOO!

There is no way to compare the levels of RNG that can appear in regular hearthstone match vs a regular (standard modern etc) MTG match.

Anyone who implys so is a fucking retard who has never played magic in any competitive or semi competitive (hell even kitchen table) level.
>>
>>321487320
only agro shitters gets mad at Reno
>>
>that feel when literally no other "good" or popular TCGs on PC

For someone who has always been a gigantic fan of TCGs my entire life, Hearthstone is fucking awful and I would rather play nothing related to cards than Hearthstone for the rest of my life, but I hate there is pretty much no alternative either.
>>
>>321504637
Isn't it a CCG, not a TCG?
>>
>>321504653

You know what I think one of the biggest problems with Hearthstone is? No draw power. In MTG draw power equalizes a lot of the RNG in the game and not only does Hearthstone have no draw power pretty much at all, it was WAY too many good cards that do literal random effects like summon portal.
>>
>>321504772
I disagree with draw power equalizing RNG, draw power doesn't fix shit like this card deals x damage split among x targets and you end up taking 3 of that damage sometimes.

Hearthstone has far too many RNG mechanics built into the actual cards to be taken seriously.
>>
>>321504680
yugioh has at least 5 simulators I can name off of the top of my head that are free
MTG has Cockatrice, which is free 100% and Magic Online
Pokemon has its own simulator so the rulings are as official as humanly possible, but the grind is unreal if you don't buy packs, in which case you get a pack online for every real pack, and you can trade that shit for foils
>>
>>321504882

Well I said it helps with a good amount of RNG but it cannot alleviate pure RNG effects.
>>
>>321504942
I get you but from my point of view RNG like your opening hand not being great is already fine because hearthstone does have a muligining system and beyond something like a shit opening hand I fail to see how draw power would fix any type of RNG issue.
>>
>>321505203

It had a mulligan system, it's not a good one but there is one.
>>
>>321505236
I know, I said it did lol..
>>
>>321505280

Oh sorry, thought you said it didn't.
>>
>>321505236
it doesn't matter when your starting hand is 1/10th of your deck, which is a worse ratio than any card game I can think of
>>
League of explorers made the game alot more fun tho. Reno decks and now golden monkeys decks are absolutely fucking hilarious
>>
File: fair and balanced.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
fair and balanced.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
>>321482103

Cannot declare blockers is the biggest issue. Also its shallow as fuck. You have nothing as simple as a counterspell that isnt a trap card and thats absolute trash kiddy tier shit.

Besides that, no rotating cards and blizz balance with RNG.
>>
>>321503230
Month, singular, is more likely. And that's under the presumption they maximize their daily quests and game wins (30 wins per day for 100g per day). Additionally, arena rewards are uncapped. If a new player is somehow amazing at the game right off the bat they can make a little bit more money( and cards and dust) on the side.

His scenario is possible if said Bengali got really lucky with legendaries, and completely nolifes it on the game and/or bots.

That said, even 1 month is a long time to only have reached that(and that's maximizing revenue). With each dungeon expac that blizz releases, add another month to the minimum requirement for new players.
>>
>>321482103
Because it got expansion packs

It was fun when it first came out, now power creep is getting real
Plus it's already hard enough to get every card since you either need to grind for days or spend a shitton of money. In other card games, you either don't pay shit since it's a fan game or you can buy every single card

In Hearthstone, you buy packs and hope you get what you want. OH BUT YOU CAN CRAFT CARDS! HALLELUJAH NOW I NEED TO BUY 3 LESS PACKS TO CRAFT ME THIS CARD!

It's like World of Warcraft. Vanilla was great and then it got worse and worse every expansion (except for TBC obviously)
>>
>>321503929
Fucking this. The only good one was the co-op one. Everything else was just "roll a dice" and get a good deck.
>>
File: 1450203425269.jpg (59 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
1450203425269.jpg
59 KB, 500x342
>>321482103
>do your thing /v/
Fuck you
>>
>Dust system keeps game in balance limbo
>Releasing buffs for old cards as new cards in new expansions, completely shitting on stock cards and the people who rely on them to make gold
>Speaking of which, gold prices are fucking obscene for everything in terms of how much gold a player earns in a day

It's a pretty standard, and even fun, CCG but the problem is that it's only F2P in the sense that you don't have to pay to log in and get shit on by the people who did.
>>
>>321482103
not YGO, not even japanese.
>>
>>321505504
>cannot declare blockers is the issue
>waaah it's not mtg

Literally would make the taunt mechanic pointless, and silences would be even more useless

It's the bullshit floaters and secrets involve NO player interaction, unlike MTG where counterspells allow you to at least choose when you use them, and much unlike YGO where the trap cards you're crying about are more complex and depth-producing than "lol I left some lands untapped I wonder what I'm casting on my opponent's turn"
>>
>>321504883
You can grind in pokemon TCG? I heard that the only way to get cards is to buy them
>>
>>321506756
You can buy smaller packs with less shit if you grind long enough if I recall correctly, I might be wrong. Participating in the online tournaments scores you a couple of boosters if you top.
>>
>>321506959
Hmm, gonna check it later then, i loved pokemon TCG on my gameboy as a kid.
Thanks anon
>>
>>321506680

You wouldnt need a brain dead mechanic like taunt. Also silence would still work and theres a mechanic in mtg already like that, creature cannot use abilities etc. Not common, but it is there.

Also leaving mana open allows you to play mind games because you can bluff, again, more depth, just because you leave mana open also doesnt mean you have the card you need in hand.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.