[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
It's on sale now on Steam for $20, is it a good game? Great? Dead Island left a bad taste in my mouth and I automatically think of DI everytime I see or hear about this game.
>>
your mom left a bad taste in my mouth
>>
It was fun. It's a bit janky, but the parkour had its moments, especially after you get the hang of it. The fact that the devs are still supporting the game and have a huge expansion planned is pretty cool as well.
>>
>>321473309
It's good if you play it on hard mode. Too scary for me though.
>>
>>321473309
It's one of the "better" zombie games.

Solid 8/10 if you actually like zombies too.
>>
>>321473309
Take everything wrong with Dead Island, fix it, and add parkour.
You get Dying Light.
>>
>>321473309
buy it
I need more people to invade
>>
>>321473309
solid 8/10

base gameplay might feel similar to dead island, but the parkour and everything else makes it a lot more fun.
>>
Only $20? That's a steal. Great game.
>>
>>321474120
>Take everything wrong with Dead Island
>fix it
So steel pipes no longer break after hitting soft squishy humans a few dozen times and don't need to be fixed with money?
>>
>>321474294
invade?
>>
>>321475809
zombie invasions lad
>>
I've pirated it a year ago, I'm tempted of buying it it was loads of fun

Don't buy the "Stomp on zombie head for instakill" it ruins the fun of kicking them around

Should I wait for the definitive edition or what? I fear it will be very expensive
Will I be able to play with people who don't have the definitive edition? Will I be able to upgrade the game?
>>
>>321475780
You can fix them with duct tape.
>>
>>321475716
Well $20.39 on Steam to be exact. $17.79 on cdkeys(dot)com
>>
>>321476528
the upgrade is free as long as you own the base game, based devs honestly
>>
>>321473309
I had a lot of fun in it, coop campaign is fun with a good friend. bought for 60 it's def worth it for 20
>>
>>321473309
Buy it.
Fun game, triple the fun with coop
Mods are decent too.
>>
File: 1445913809867.gif (1 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1445913809867.gif
1 MB, 450x450
Help me please.
I start up the demo and I constantly hear this static buzzing line sound throughout the entire playthrough.
It's very annoying and it's discouraging me from buying the full game.
>>
I'm someone who hates zombe games and I thought this was excellent. Most games you're given the entire arsenal of the american army and you just mow down zombies. This one really felt like you're some dude who would make the chick from mirror's edge jealous but you're stuck in an unwinnable situation. Even though you can monkey your way around the city, sometimes it's not enough and you gotta use your head.

Be forewarned though - the story is retarded.
>>
Why is the double barrel shotgun so trash lads?
>>
>>321473309
Dead Island was very obviously a rushed game, the first area is pretty good, as is the second, but the second is where it starts to fall apart, the biggest part of the game that is very obviously missing is a meaningful link to the jungle area which looks like it was supposed to have an introduction that was more than "we are now in the jungle".

Dying Light is a much better game overall, it lacks DI's wacky take on character specials(like throwing electrified weapons into a zombie, having it shock everything around it, and then having it appear back in your hand), but makes up for it with better fundamental gameplay, both with regards to combat and the addition of parkour.

It's more polished game that isn't obviously missing chunks, and it's only significant failing is in resorting to QTEs in the final moments of the game.

The co-op is pretty great, but the PvP was poorly handled.

At $20 it's worth a buy.
>>
DI was such a great concept but was executed fucking poorly.
>Zombie game free roam RPG
>decent fun
>then HURR DURR GO DO THIS THING FAGGOT
>WANT HELP? HA FUCK YOURSELF I AM GOING TO SIT AT THIS BASE WHILE YOU FUCKING DO EVERYTHING
Two fucking options could have solved this.
>make it a survivor based game, scrounge for supplies and make other people hard to come by
Or
>actually invest time and effort into a fucking decent AI system where you have some sort of help on your missions
>>
>>321477704

They really wanted to make guns shit except for a couple situations, so that you wouldn't rely on them. Shotguns for super close range zombies, rifles for long range, pistol for popping a few head shots while out of cover. All of which draws attention to you and you'll get swarmed.
>>
>>321478374
>2015
>being poor
>>
>>321478374
Dude, you could have just done co op if you really needed help. That would have been help, not from AI, but from an actual person.

Was the game really that scary that you were crying for help from NPCs the whole time?
>>
>>321478851
I hate playing online CO-OP because it's fucking impossible to find anyone half decent to play with. The only time I play games online are games where you don't need to communicate and can just mute people. Otherwise I am stuck with a 7 year old screaming "MOM!!!" through my fucking speakers or some nigger talking about Colt 45 and weed.
I didn't find the game overly difficult it just totally ruined my buzz when everyone in the game was portrayed as a lazy cunt. Just seemed like the game was slapped together and totally ruined my idea of it. Like I said would not bother me as much as if other people were hard to come by as opposed to entire fucking settlements that do absolutely dick all.
>>
>>321479265
You've never played a game online, have you, anon? Is it because you pirate your games?
>>
What are some gud co-op games /v/?
>>
>>321479628
No I have probably played 50 or so gamed online.
Ironically enough the most tolerable one was WoW because it is all text base and don't have to listen to fucking bullshit and Call of Duty because I just mute everybody as soon as I am in a match.
>>
>>321476123

Does anybody play the MP anymore? Last time I tried it the hunter was very underpowered.
>>
>>321479265
>>321479821

I don't know which servers you've played on, but every time I played online it had people with best gear/stats/perks.
>>
What I want to know about are the mod levels.

From what I can see on the Workshop page, people have been making obstacle courses and such, and I'm wondering what the consensus is on them. I pirated the game on launch and had some good fun, but I'm considering buying it for the user-made levels.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.