[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /his/ + /v/? What are some of your favorite historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
Who here /his/ + /v/?

What are some of your favorite historical based or history influenced games, /v/?

Let's list some games/series.

>Sid Meier's: Civilization
>Age of Empires/Mythologies
>Victoria
>Europa Universalis
>Total War
>Mount and Blade/Napoleonic Wars
>Expeditions: Conquistadors
>Tropico
>Chivalry(?)
>Assassin's Creed
>Hearts of Iron
>Crusader Kings
>CivCity: Rome
>Stronghold
>BF: 1942/1943/Vietnam
>CoD: WoW

Any games yet to come out you look forward to?
>Kingdom Come Deliverance
>M&Bii Bannerlord

What are some of your favorites?
>>
>I am coming back. Stop washing.

What did the Big N mean by this?
>>
I play Civ V in large part because of its historical references. I also liked how Assassins Creed 1 and 2 tried to tackle parts of history that aren't found often in games. But the later AC games did the exact opposite and I lost interest.
>>
I'm currently smashing out the Charlemagne expansion to Attila: Total War.

Just finished conquering the British Isles as Mercia, and established a beachhead on mainland Europe by destroying the Duchy of Frisia. But that gives me a border with the Franks. I can't hope to beat them in a war yet, so I've got to be careful about keeping on their good side until I'm ready to bust out.
>>
>>321473169

How advanced was the armor in this era?

Do we get early proto-knights?
>>
>>321473137
Civ 5 is a comfy ass game
>>
>>321473169
>can't beat them in a war yet
What
Literally what?
>>
>>321473137
Id say the final nail in the coffin was Revelations, Brotherhood was cool, and Reveletaions was fucking awesome in terms of design, it lack any cotent. I shit you not its the same voice clip used and reused in ACii and AC:Brother, when you throw money on the ground and some women says "Dinari!" Which can be a way of saing "Money!" In italian
>>
>>321472763
>Tropico
>Historically accurate
I didn't know that Antonio Salazar (Portuguese dictator) was also the dictator of the Caribbean
>>
File: je suis Arno.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
je suis Arno.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1080
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Unity and so far the game hasn't done anything special with the brilliant premise (de Molay's curse of Philip IV) or the setting.

Like, oh, your boss is attending the Estates General. Here's a generic romance with his daughter or something. Am I wasting my time?
>>
>>321476805
Yes
>>
>>321476896
Thank you.
>>
>>321476671
>accurate
>clearly says "or influenced"
>game clearly has references to historical figures and countries and caricatures of aftual people as alternate characters
Ok
>>
File: The-Battle-of-Lepanto.jpg (614 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
The-Battle-of-Lepanto.jpg
614 KB, 1024x704
/his/ is a leftist shithole.

I play tons of EU4 and CK2, those are probably the best video games set in the middle ages and early modern period.
>>
>>321472763
>all this Eurocentric trash
Get back when you've got something of actual relevance, like native American or African history. Europe doesn't have interesting history.
>>
>>321477080
OBVIOUS BAITPOSTER
DO NOT RESPOND
>>
Vicky 2 and Shogun 2 are probably my favorite games ever, I've put so many hours into them. Im incredibly hyped for MnB bannerlord but my pc is absolute dogshit.
>>
>>321477080
WE
>>
>>321477080
Ok let's talk about the Iroquois and the Aksum Kingdom, anon. You fucking start because I don't know enough about either.
>>
Civ.
>>
>>321477312
WERE
>>
>>321477396
TRIBESMEN
>>
>>321477046
>I play tons of EU4

real talk, how do you play this shit? i've got about three hours in it, have no fucking clue what i'm doing, have no clue where to start. are there any good video guides or text guides or fucking something to help me learn this game?
>>
>>321477046
Please this Im also like 3-4 hours in, Im getting the hang of some stuff, but I understand very little
>>
>>321477080
Chinese history is infinitely superior to western history.
>>
>>321477034
>people played as options other than Voodoo Pizzaman
>>
>>321477776
And mythology, but they lack the translation skills to get anything out of china and to other people other than chinese
>>
Rise of Nations
Knights of Honor
Knights & Merchants
Company of Heroes
Oregon Trail
Red Orchestra/Rising Storm
>>
DomiNations on mobile is a good Clash of Clans clone that's probably better than it
>>
>>321478120
Too bad modern China is a complete horror.
>>
>>321478273
That too, much like Russia
>>
>>321478572
Russia was always a mess.
>>
File: aotd_hd_logo.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aotd_hd_logo.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>321478120
>chinese mythology
>yfw
>>
>>321472763
I just bought Tota War: Shogun 2
>>
>>321478727
I seriously thought that wouldve came out already, cant wait

>>321478679
Yea, but the way I see Russia is like Silverster Stallone, he may have been like a badass freak, and he still tries to act like it but hes was shit all along except nowadays he cant even make a good movie. Russias peak was US made by fear and American propaganda making the russians into this weird monstrosity of the Red Menace... but they pretty much were never anything.
>>
>>321477046
>/his/ is a leftist shithole.
How is that bad?
>>
>>321472763

Anybody want to run some kind of themed EUIV game? I'm thinking kebab removal.
>>
>>321476805
You're at the very fucking beginning, Jesus Christ. Go play the fucking video game and get off /v/
>>
>>321478120
Age of Mythology Expansion coming soon, my nigga
>>
>>321479380
I would play with you if I knew how to play

>>321479545
Soon™, mah nigga
>>
>EU4
>not the vastly superior EU3
Enjoy your shit game
Vicky 2 is the best GS game
>>
>>321477776
>Dynasty 1
>100s of rebellions by nobodies
>Dynasties 2, 3, 4 rise up after 1 falls
>have a few battles
>eventually Dynasty 5 conquers all 3
>Dynasty 5 dies out fast
>some other nobodies show up
>repeat for 3000 years
>get conquered by nomads
>get conquered by nomads some more
>peasants rise up
>peasants get conquered by nomads
>get fucked by Europeans
>become republic
>get fucked by Japanese
>more civil war
>get fucked by Communists
>>
>>321479952
Anon kts christmas, dont be a scrooge
>>
I must unite the germanic people under one flag!
>>
>>321476339
They're #1 in military power and hold 28 regions to my 15. I could beat them, but I need time to build more armies. I only have 2 right now.

>>321473441
No plate. All chain mail and padded armour. It's based around the year...700, I think. Shortly before the viking era began.
>>
>>321479254
His pissed that he's told to fuck off when he makes a thread about Hitler being an okay guy.
>>
Is Charlemagne french or german?
>>
>>321477046
Seems like reality has a left bias
>>
I typically avoid hard, historical games. By hard I mean ones that adhere strongly to the developer's sense of historical accuracy, besides no historical game lets me:
>Create a character
>Create a qt girl
>>
>>321472763
I used to read the civpedia in civ 4 for hours on end
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.