[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FarCry Primal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: FC_Primal_Teaser_1080p.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1190) Image search: [Google]
FC_Primal_Teaser_1080p.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1190
What are your thoughts /v/?
>>
File: FC_Primal_GIF_01.gif (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
FC_Primal_GIF_01.gif
3 MB, 480x320
Bump
>>
>>321470847

When I saw the thumbnail for this, I thought it was some dinosaur or something bending over trying to suck its own asshole.
>>
I'm a sucker for ubisofts open world games even though they're kind of shit. It looks like it mite b cool, trying not to get hyped through.
>>
looks like its just far cry with sticks and rocks. The way far cry has been of late, 4 ripped off of 3, so this should just be 4 with a stone age reskin. 4 wasn't a very good game, so hard to be hyped for a game that looks like it could possibly remove the fun in gun customization from an already mediocre game
>>
You get to be the fucking beastmaster and have owls tear out peoples eyes and ride a fucking mammoth and saber tooth tiger into war.
Looks ok I guess.
>>
S A M E

S H I T
>>
It'll probably suck.
>>
Super reskinned FC4.

All the animals are in FC4
Animations are FC4
Remove all the weapons of FC4, add a spear and that is all the new combat mechanics of Primal. The spear and bone weapon get 1 attack, and you can throw them.

Its a middle game they shat out quickly while making new assets and shit for FC5.
>>
File: cent.jpg (83 KB, 900x597) Image search: [Google]
cent.jpg
83 KB, 900x597
It looks like shit.

If melee combat is going to be the focus, they should add in an actual combat system where you can parry and block attacks effectively.

They also need to drastically add more wildlife types. Seeing the same shit over and over is boring.

The animal combat is stupid as well. Your animal just stands there and whacks the other one until something dies. It needs more depth. They should fight like actual animals. For example, if you're trying to kill a mammoth, a cat would jump on its back and bite at the neck while you throw spears or shoot arrows. If you have a wolf, it would harass the mammoth while you sneak up from behind. Cats and bears could easily ambush and solo kill a deer, but would fail if the deer got away. Wolves could corral them towards you so you could ambush it for the kill. etc.

And only being able to have one pet at a time is stupid as fuck. You should be able to have a whole pack at a time. They could add in different personalities and attitudes for individual animals that you could decipher by observing them before taming them. Some may be more dominant, protective, aggressive, etc, and some might be more or less reluctant to cooperate with another species. For example, you might have a really awesome bear or saber tooth that just hates being around any other animal, so you would have to decide to either take only that animal, or a group of shitty wolves. Or you might have two dominant wolves that would constantly challenge each other and usually cause chaos and fuck up your plans. etc

They should also add in alternate ways to tame animals. Stealing babies from dens and nests is the easiest, but takes up a lot of resources to raise the animal. You would have to observe the animals first. A hungry one would respond to food, an injured one would respond to medicine, a lonely pack animal would gravitate towards you automatically, and a leaderless pack could potentially join you of their own accord if you show them you're strong.
>>
Looks pretty cool. Will probably buy it. 3 and 4 were fun
>>
File: 1451095020478.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1451095020478.gif
2 MB, 325x235
>>321470847
WOW!!...

A re-skin
>>
>>321470847

Let's see how interesting the animal combat is. I'd really dig a beastmaster simulator with prehistoric animals.

Not getting my hopes high, though.
>>
>>321471203
Kek'd when I read that
>>
i'm interested, but not at $60
>>
>>321470847
It's the same as the last three but with sticks and stones and literal Ooga booga.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.