[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 2013-09-01_00001.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-01_00001.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
What went wrong?
>>
it became a meme game
>>
>>321470057
It started with SR2 where it was a legit gangster shooter similar to GTA in many regards

then SR3 happened and now its a huge fucking meme shit
>>
>>321470057
Volition became obsessed with the "insult" of SR being a GTA clone which is why the shit that is SR3 and 4 exist.
>>
It's like they gave this game to Daniel Way and begged him to Deadpool their shit up.
>>
When a parody becomes self aware and becomes a parody of itself, which was already a parody, it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>321470357
SR3 is mega fun for the campaign. Then, there's absolutely nothing to do.

Haven't played 4.
>>
>>321470057
Most of the OG devs left Volition after SR2 and then the new devs came and decided to make the series "CUHRAYZEEE"

>NEW GAME ENGINE
>TROY BAKER
>DUMBED DOWN RESPECT SYSTEM
>>
>>321470057
Saints 2 was basically perfect in terms of gunplay, progression, story, silliness, and dress-up.

Then SR3 comes around and
>Fucks up the gunplay so most enemies are bullet sponges or 1 hit kills.
>Fucks up the progression
>Makes the story gritty silly with STAG
>Puts in too much silly stuff without any balance.
>Significantly dumbed down the clothing.

Luckily, SR4 came around and showed us that it takes a lot of gentle care and dedication to look "Care free"
>>
>>321470057
1>/=4>3>2
>>
2 balanced a still serious game with some tongue-in-cheek or often downright goofy shit.

3 and 4 turned it into a straight up cartoon.
>>
>>321470057

Same thing that always happens. Fanboys couldn't stop crying about shit.
>>
>>321476317
Yeah the consensus between me and the people I know who've played it all say more or less the same thing.

SR2 was the height of the series, and SR3 was fun but spelt out the death of Saints Row more or less.

Recently play Gat out of hell and was kind of impressed at how far someone can really take an smother a joke
>>
>>321470868
For the first 1/3 part of the game, maybe
It went downhill fast dude
>>
The thing that fucked me off the most about Saints Row 3 is that all the minigames from 2 are now story missions and most of the story missions are just minigame introductions.
>>
>>321477071
Nah. Everything critique I heard about complements the game as well.
>>
saints row 2 controls for ps3 are awful
sr3 gameplay is much better than sr2
>>
the respect system of saints row 2 was too boring. I just wanted to play the main story, but I had to stop and play minigames to gain enough respect to go back to the main story.
>>
>>321478743
>saints row 2 controls for ps3 are awful

Not really

Played SR3 first and SR2's controls still felt comfortable enough to use
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.