[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Valve fucked up so badly that when you try to protect yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: steam.png (18 KB, 583x162) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
18 KB, 583x162
Valve fucked up so badly that when you try to protect yourself your ass just gets pounded all the harder.
>>
>>321436858
This is only if you do it through Steam right? Can't possibly see it being correct otherwise.
>>
Is Steam Database even directly related to Valve or Steam?
>>
>>321438706
Nope, it's just falseflagging kids reposting the same image over and over, like always.
>>
>>321438706
No, they say it in their twitter description and also reminded everyone that they aren't officially related to valve in any way.
>>
File: Jelly Bean.jpg (131 KB, 934x522) Image search: [Google]
Jelly Bean.jpg
131 KB, 934x522
>>321438997
So Steam is totally fucked and has been for a long time, account information is everywhere and Valve has done literally fucking nothing?
They haven't even said something?
>>
>>321439731
I'd imagine they have more pressing things to do right now than make twitter posts.
>>
>>321436858
How the fuck does my unlinking my PayPal account from steam put me at risk?
>>
File: BigPinkCookiesRocket1.jpg (284 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
BigPinkCookiesRocket1.jpg
284 KB, 740x493
>>321440168
>I'd imagine they have more pressing things to do right now than make twitter posts.
>>
>>321439731
they don't admit mistakes
the whole ppaid mods shit happened and they just said "lol guess it was jjust the wrong time" and "people didn't understand it"
>>
GO OPEN SOURCE AND THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN
>>
>>321440168
Like shut down fucking Steam so information doesn't get leaked?
Not happening?

Like stay at home with their families and do nothing for hours and hours because Valve is too fucking cheap to have dedicated support personnel despite doing business and risking other people's money on the holiday?
>>
it's annoying that we're getting this info from steamdb and not you know, fucking valve themselves
>>
>>321440168
That's not an official valve account
>>
>>321440754
What is annoying about that situation? The fact they're talking out of their ass and don't know anything more than we do.
>>
>>321440890
nice reading comprehension champ
>>
>>321440663
>bugs don't occur in open source
mmmm kill yourself
>>
>>321440890
I realize that. I'm saying that there probably isn't even anything helpful the real Valve could tell us right now and that they probably wouldn't do it through fucking twitter.
>>
>>321440456
>VAC BANS ARE NEVER WRONG EVER
>>
>>321441220
You have to be doing some pretty blatant things repeatedly for them to VAC ban you.
>>
>>321441373
yeah like fixing dark souls or adding/removing a visual filter on a game because it looks like shit otherwise

how dare people
>>
>>321441092
I'm not denying that. But most anyone could patch it or study the code.

With this shit you have to get anally raped when they fuck up
>>
>>321436858
>still no word from an official valve source
Rip in pizzas gabe
You had a good run
>>
All I wanted to do was gift my friend some games and I can't even get onto this shit.
>>
>>321436858
so does this only affect people who visited the shop during that time?
>>
>>321442008
It may affect the millions of users who have ever used it.
>>
>>321442008
No one knows because Valve's too busy with their thumbs up their asses.
>>
>I got the phone validator shit
>And always use temporary prepaid cards

the worst someone could really do to me is send me an email, I guess.
>>
We wouldn't be having this problem if it weren't for Valve unscrupulously monopolizing PC gaming.
>>
>>321436858
Why the fuck don't they just shut the whole thing off. SHUT IT DOWN UNTIL IT'S FIXED YOU CUNTS
>>
>>321441497
nobody got vac banned for those things.
>>
>>321441497
No one has ever been even Warned for using dsfix, or turning of filters in inis, let alone VACbanned.
>>
>>321442292
This.
You can't have many games except through steam. Physical CDs are going the way of digital distribution to cut down on manufacturing and printing costs. It makes sense to go with the monopoly to maximize profit.
>>
File: 1447627346768.jpg (110 KB, 685x1023) Image search: [Google]
1447627346768.jpg
110 KB, 685x1023
>mfw I fucked up my username when steam first launched and could never change it, so someone would never recognize it as a login

Sometimes being so dumb protects me.
>>
REMINDER THAT NOBODY WILL CARE TOMORROW AND THEY'LL GO ON AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED AS LONG AS THEY'RE GAMES STILL WORK
>>
>>321443210
please don't post that goofy shit.
>>
>>321443384
i hope you are games still work anun
>>
>>321436858

Tfw steam kept asking me for more info in the last months. And i kept denying it.

Well fuck you steam, i guess i was right to not trust you with more of my info and link more shit to the steam acc.
>>
>>321443210
I'm guessing you use an email as your login name, right?

That has nothing to do with you fucking up, that's how steam worked when it first launched.
>>
>>321442464
Because muh holiday sales
>>
>See everyone losing their shit over some "Steam leak"
>Think passwords/full credit cards have been hacked and leaked
>Look up a news story
>It's just the last two digits of Credit Cards and emails of a few random users accidentally leaked to a few other random users
You guys made me think it was actually something that mattered.
>>
>>321442464
It appears they have.
>>
>>321444510
/v/ has a huge craving for a new tortanic.
I love how many edited credit images there are though.
>>
>>321443921
When did they stop that?

I use a pretty old username as my Steam login, and while I don't think I was on Steam for the first couple years I know I had a Steam account by 2007 or 2008.
>>
>>321440429
>those cookies
FUCK
>>
>>321436858
good thing i never saved my credit card information
>>
>>321438407

Yes. The resoning behind this is obviously STAY AWAY FROM THE SITE. To unlink you have to go through the site again. So: Unlink of Steam via the linked site: good
Unlink of the linked site via Steam: BAAAD

That is all the post wants to say
>>
File: 1450661437228.png (120 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450661437228.png
120 KB, 300x300
>people can view your personal information
>"lol bro dont worry about it, it's just a glitch"
>>
I can log out and log back into steam, right?
>>
You deserve every pounding you get for using steam desu furfags
>>
SOMEONE JUST PURCHASED TONS OF GAMES ON MY STEAM ACCOUNT PANIC

oh wait it was me
>>
>>321447238
>Your Steam profile automatically shows when you buy a game, meaning your purchase history is pointless info
>They can see 1/8 of your credit card number, and they can't see your security code
>They can see your email address, something you probably give out freely on a regular basis and is probably passed around by corporations anyways
And to top it all off chances are that whoever sees this info will be a random stranger who accidentally stumbled upon is and won't do anything with it.
>>
I am a poorfag and I just cancelled my debit card, thanks Gabe Jewcunt
>>
>>321448830
Why did you cancel it?

Please tell me you didn't believe /v/ when they said your card info was leaked. Because only the last two numbers were leaked, and probably to someone who doesn't give a fuck about your card number.

A receipt dropping out of your pocket at a grocery store is literally twice the security risk of this "leak".
>>
>>321440356
there's plenty of people who would unlink using steam client, rather than using bank and paypal sites
>>
This is probably one of the most active threads I ever seen on 4chan.
Thanks Valve: reviving 4chan each time you fuck up!
>>
>>321450896
then you are a newfag?
>>
>>321449704
this this
steam only shows last 2 numbers
receipts show last 4 numbers
>>
as if you fucking idiots will give a shit come tomorrow as long as your games work

this is what happens when you give a corporation access to your sensitive data
>>
>>321440168
Most billion dollar companies have people who communicate with the public professionally.
>>
>>321450986
Absolutely YEP! (mostly lurked since 2010)
>>
>>321449704
All my study fees for the next year are in that account. I couldn't chance it.
>>
>have a debit card number saved
>it's my checking account with $2500 in it
RIP
>>
Oh my god I just got a call from my real estate agent someone bought a $70 million mansion in Hollywood in my name and I'm already being sued by my bank for interest
>>
>>321452615
Oh my gawd!
>>
>tfw never added my phone number
At least there's that.
>>
>>321452358
post your card details

ill call your bank and transfer the money
>>
>>321440456
>the whole ppaid mods shit happened
They actually pay their mods? No wonder Valve are such shit-tier and 4chan is god-tier website.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.