[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people still talk about the "console experience"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Xbox-One-770x433.jpg (47 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-One-770x433.jpg
47 KB, 770x433
Why do people still talk about the "console experience"? You haven't been able to just put the disk in and play for a whole generation now.

>buy game (it costs about 6 times as much as it should)
>put disk in
>50gb mandatory install required
>watch progress bar move across the screen for an hour
>finally ready to play
>start up game
>you must sign in to xbox live
>finally work out the obligatory network issues
>you must sign into uplay/origin/whatever other bullshit DRM the publisher uses
>do this
>finally get to the title screen
>16gb day one patch required
>wait two hours for that to download at about a tenth of the speed that your internet can handle because you must download the patch from the publisher approved server and nowhere else
>finally get to play the game that you probably aren't interested in anymore

Why do people tolerate this?
>>
>mandatory installs

Why did this become a thing in the current gen? Loading data straight from the disk worked fine for our grandparents.
Also, what's the deal with 60gb games? Did developers forget what compression is?
>>
You already posted this thread earlier, but:

>just tried to use Skype with Kinect to talk to family during Christmas.
>XBL working like shit right now

Wonderful.
>>
>>321421714
>You already posted this thread earlier
OP here, I haven't been on 4chan at all today.
I guess someone else also got console games for Christmas and is pissed at this bullshit.
>>
how do the xbox live servers manage to go down every christmas without fail? surely by now they've realized that christmas means lots of new people logging in.
>>
>>321421892
Got Halo 5 Guardians today. I started the install process at 1:00 today and it's only on 85% now, not acceptable.
>>
just install it overnight and stop whining.
>>
>>321421615
It became a thing when both consoles were originally meant to be super drm machines which was changed after the reception to Microsofts presentation. Games are 60 gbs because blue rays can hold a lot and devs don't need to worry about optimization/compression at the moment.
>>
>>321422618
>Games are 60 gbs because blue rays can hold a lot and devs don't need to worry about optimization/compression at the moment.
When installation is mandatory and takes hours I'd say they do need to worry about it.
>>
>>321422612
>stop whining

console gamers in a nutshell
>>
>>321422929
I don't bunderstand many titles digitally, and the on disk installation isn't that long. Last game I installed was MGSV and it didn't take all that long. Maybe try doing something else for a bit. If you're referring to digital downloads, that's dependent on your Internet, and I notice to download speeds on steam and psn are pretty similar.
>>
>>321422612
>le entitled gamers

when you pay 60$ for a game you are totally entitled to be able to play it on the same day you put the disk in.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.