[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Capcom fuck it up? How badly will they fuck it up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: resident-evil-2-remake.jpg (37 KB, 695x365) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-2-remake.jpg
37 KB, 695x365
Will Capcom fuck it up? How badly will they fuck it up?
>>
I'm very reserved in my enthusiasm as well.
>>
probably

my guess is that they'll make it similar to Revelations series because they're under the impression that those are 'what the fans want'

while it can be said that they're the closest thing to classic RE since... uh RE4? - they're still a shadow from what the series used to be

they'll probably make it too action-focused, with little to no exploration, little to no backtracking, streamlined and boring item and health management, weapons will feel all the same - lacking punch, you're always accompanied by partners, Leon and Claire campaigns being merged into one storyline divided into endless gameplay-interrupting chapters, etc. etc.
>>
Without a goddamn doubt, this will be the biggest disappointment since the new gen consoles got announced
>>
>>321394573
I don't know, but I must admit I'm worried as fuck. I don't think I've ever been more stressed over a game announcement.
>>
>>321395415
>little to no backtracking
That's a good thing.
>>
One thing that I'm certain:

The PC port will be atrocious even with patches.
>>
Probably not
REmake was stellar
>>
The real question is if it'll be better or worse than FF7R.

Have we even heard anything about REmake2 since it was announced?
>>
>>321398180
>The real question is if it'll be better or worse than FF7R.
Different games, hard to compare before they're out
>>
>>321394573

>We do it

This should really set the tone for what you can expect from this remake.
>>
WE DO IT
>>
>>321398180
>The real question is if it'll be better or worse than FF7R.

They could turn this game into an RPG with rythym game based combat and it would still be more faithful to the original than FF7R
>>
>>321397475

REmake was made 13 years ago when the old style horror genre still wasn't QUITE dead (Code Veronica wasn't that old yet). Just because it was ported again last year doesn't mean they still understand what makes these games good to fans.
>>
Outsource it to Ninja Theory
>>
>>321394573
No chance in hell of them fucking it up more then Square will fuck up the FF7 remake.
>>
Not nearly as bad as how Square will fuck up FFVIIR
Expect the worst though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.