[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming peripherals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: SteelSeries-Siberia-200.1.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SteelSeries-Siberia-200.1.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
Since its Xmas, I decided to spend a bit of money and got myself a GAMING headset. Did I make a mistake?
Pic related.
>>
Yes, you fucking retard. You only need a good pair of headphones and a cheapo ~$10 desk mic unless you're doing professional recordings or some shit.
>>
That one is okay OP.
>>
>>321380835
Welp.
At least I didn't spend too much. I was thinking of a desk mic but I really wanted one integrated with the headphones. Yes I know you can tape a cheapo mic on onto a good pair of headphones but I didn't want to do that.
>>
>>321380714
>gaming headset
>>
I don't have anything against headsets, but Steelseries stuffs are fucking SHIT.

So yes, you made a mistake.
>>
>>321380714
I really like the microphone in this, since it doesn't go loose like the ones that bend to the side of the headphones.
But just after a couple of years one of the dynamics died. Hopefully yours will live longer. Shit's comfy.
>>
>>321381304
Which brand do you recommend, then? They only stocked Logitech, Armageddon (lolwhat), Razer (lol Razer) and steelseries here, and thus it was the least-shit option I chose after extensive Google research.
>>
>>321380714
they had a sale for senheiser hd 598 black editions for 99 where were you lol?
>>
>>321381304
Why do you say that? I've had a Rival mouse and it's pretty great. So far it's holding up better than my Logitechs
>>
>>321380835
So what's a good desk top mic?

I want one that picks up my voice clearly, but doesn't pick up shit like typing sounds.
>>
>2016 the year of the meme
>not getting meme headphones like audio technica or sennheiser
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>321380714
Buddy of mine has those, there pretty comfortable

>>321384632
I have a pair of M50x and while they are the best headphones for that price bracket, they really are not that great to wear for long periods of time.

I find ears getting sore after awhile
>>
>>321385296
I had the same experience with the m50s, but after wearing them for a year now, I hardly notice any ear pain. I think they wore out and stopped clamping so tightly to my head, which makes them less sound isolating, but more comfy. EIther that or my ears just grew calloused from so much tight headphone use.

I bought the 598 sennheisers off amazon (like a bunch of people did) because they were on sale for 95$ on black friday. Those have really big ears and a ton of cushion, so they're actually pretty comfy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.