[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whos gonna buy this bitch ass controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 5
whos gonna buy this bitch ass controller
>>
I'd have to get the game first, and I ain't spending money on that shit, looks horrible.
>>
It's just the bottom of the Wii U pro controller.
>>
>>321358757
i'll pick up 1 or 2 of these, look like they could be fun pc accessories (also rare in the future)
>>
>>321358757
Whats the point?

Is literally a half-assed pro controller
>>
if these are limited quantity I will be quite upset
>>
>>321358757

Why would someone buy a system where you have to get a new fucking controller for every game?
>>
>>321358757
I get the idea behind fight-sticks but this is really confusing. Why would anyone buy this over a pro controller? Is it really cheap or included with the game or what?
>>
>>321358948
The pro controller's buttons and d-pad are too close.
>>
>>321358937
def rare in the future
>>
This would be really cool to play SNES games with
>>
>>321359075
>have to

Are you retarded?
>>
It's okay when Nintendo makes a controller that only works with one game.
>>
>>321359075
you don't you ignorant slut
>>
Eh, maybe. Pretty sure the Pro Controller is going to work just fine though. Maybe I'll pick one up and keep it sealed, just in case.
>>
File: 1448158038445.png (126 KB, 449x497) Image search: [Google]
1448158038445.png
126 KB, 449x497
>>321359075
>have to
>>
>>321358937

this is actually a good point, if that d-pad isn't shit this might be a good choice for a PC controller.

Not sure if I'd prefer it over a PS4 controller though
>>
>D-Pad

Doesn't Pokken play like those Naruto games, though?
>>
>Arcade controller looks like a console one
>Decide to make one for the console just because
Atleast it is wired.
>>
>>321359207
Only works with one game?

Source?
>>
>>321359314
Is it USB? Could be nice to have for PC emulation.
>>
>>321359207
Nintendo only does that.

Its called having options. I could see you faggots complaining if you couls only play the game with that controller.

If you want it, buy it, if not, shut the fuck up.

I bought the gamecube controller. I like playing it with smash the best and i could use a new controller for my gamecube.

I can understand not wanting to buy it.

What i cant understand is hating options
>>
>>321359309
It looks like an arena fighter but the camera is like Tekken when the opponents are close
>>
>>321359110
25 bucks
>>
What the fuck is this game? Is it just Tekken with Pokemon skins?
>>
Gekkouga when?
>>
>>321359207
>Nintendo
>Hori
Okay faggot
>>
>>321359407
Oh, well I look dumb now.
>>
>>321359110
>using analog sticks for directional inputs in fighting games
>implying the dpad placement on the pro controller isn't awkward as fuck
Granted the pokken controller isn't better but it's more manageable placements at least
>>
Might pick up one, usable with PC and iirc the only wired controller option the game supports
>>
>>321358757
I'd have to buy a Wii U first and i still can't justify that.
>>
>>321359419
It's CASUALIZED tekken with pokemon skins.
Fitting for a nintendo game.
>>
It's a shit controller, there's no reason to buy it over a pro controller and the thing is killing the game in arcades in the first place.

>>321359419
No, it's a kind of hybrid between those Naruto games and a weird super-simplified Tekken, lots of homage to Tekken (Pikachu has iconic Heihachi attacks like EWGF) but feels nothing like it.
>>
Speaking of gamepads, is that Wired Fighter Pad worth it? The Metal Mario one looks cool.
>>
>>321359075
It's a system where you have the option to.
If I made specialized controllers for the Xbox or the Playstation, would it all of a sudden make them worse?
Actually. Microsoft already made that moddable controller. And that's pretty much the same thing.

You can buy it. It can improve your experience. But you don't need to.
>>
>>321358757
Anyone used it yet? If it's really comfy I might pick it up for PC emulation of SNES games. If the dpad is good.
>>
>>321359514
>using analog sticks for directional inputs in fighting games
If you actually played the game you'd know the game needs it, in field mode the 8-way is fucking retarded, there are no complicated inputs whatsoever in either mode so there's no downside to analog, and even if there were there is so much downtime when switching modes that you could easily switch between analog and dpad.
>>
>>321358937

It looks like it would be great for the entire 8 and 16bit era.
>>
Why would i when i have a pro controller?

please tell me the game isn't dpad only
>>
>>321358757
If it feels good and works on PC I might.
>>
File: Questionmark-gif[1].gif (920 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
Questionmark-gif[1].gif
920 KB, 500x369
>>321358757
>fighting game
>d-pad
>>
>>321358757
It would be neat if worked with other games like the pro controller. But I have been pretty disappointed in how they haven't used the gamecube adapter for any other thing but Sm4sh.

Then again. Ever since the adapter I have been using my gamecube controllers on my PC a ton. And if I will be able to use this controller on PC too I could very well imagine myself getting one just for the option of another controller.
>>
File: embarassing.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
265 KB, 334x393
>>321360010
>fighting game
>analog
>>
Looks perfect for emulation/fighting games. If it's only 25 dollars I might pick one up.
>>
>>321360142
>implying
stick master race nigga
>>
>>321360205
d-pad is digital just like stick.
Both are fine.

Sticks are mostly just good because of the buttons, not the stick itself.
>>
>>321359021
You know it will be. At the least it'll be artificially limited.
>>
>>321359075
Its an option, not required
How many Wii U games are there that you cant just use the Gamepad for? Or Pro Controller?
>>
>>321360142
Isn't an analog closer to arcade sticks?
>>
It's going to be one of those shitty controls that plug into the Wiimote like the Mario-themed Gamecube controllers
Fucking garbage.
>>
>>321360205
>Not using a hitbox
>>
>>321360010
>only 8 directions
>needing a 360° stick
>>
>>321360294
>Sticks are mostly just good because of the buttons, not the stick itself.
hand and wrist is way more precise than thumb imo
>>
If it's compatible with other Wii U stuff, I'm buyin' it.
>>
>>321358757
Eh, whats the point? Doesnt look like it'll be fun to use with anything other than Pokken. I already have the original Classic Controller and a Wii U Pro Controller, love the D-Pad on both so fuck it.
Though, is a 3D fighter using only d-pad for movement very common? Seems dumb
>>
>>321360413
I was actually looking at hitboxes about 6 months ago, are they good? they seem pretty tight but hard to relearn after using a stick
>>
>>321360010
>>321360142
>>321359514
Oh good people don't understand why controllers are worse for fighting games than sticks.

Most fighting games have complicated motions, instant air dashes, super moves, basic Tekken movement, all require really fast and accurate directional inputs, for that reason it's a lot easier to be able to make those motions with your whole hand rather than just your thumb, some people manage it but it's always harder to do fast complex motions with your thumb, and it gets tired faster.

Pokken has no complicated inputs, everything is one direction+one button, with 3 actions requiring 2 buttons and no direction.
There is no real downside to using controller in this game because it's ridiculously simple and easy, and in reality the game would be much better with analog because of field mode.
>>
>>321360409
USB powered
>>
>>321360513
They are even banned in certain games.
>>
Why even buy this? It's a Wii U controller, but with no sticks.

If anything, it'll play better with the default controller.
>>
>>321360357
Not at all. Like they are both kinda stick shaped, but the technology is completely different.
Its much easier to hit

>>321360427
Your opinion is wrong.
>>
>>321359859
It's different to the arcade one but the arcade one is uncomfortable as fuck.

It will no doubt be more comfortable but far less reliable.
>>
>>321360142
Yeah what else would you use for quarter/half/full circle motions you literal human retard
>>
>>321360573
Faggots like you always underestimate the thumb.
Genuinely makes me believe that you're a cripple.
IADs and supers arent hard on a d-pad at all. Just dont use the 360 pad.
>>
>>321360631
Cheaper and wired.
Could potentially be used on a PC
>>
>>321360736
The d-pad?
Are you this fucking new to videogames?
>>
>>321360641
>Your opinion is wrong.
I guess all the top FGC players should switch to controllers then
>>
>>321360875
Boy do I love retarded kneejerk responses like that.
>>
>>321360736
It's much easier to do with digital input.
A lot of people use fightsticks or pad.

Only a retard would play fightan with an analog stick when the game doesn't require it
>>
>>321360604
They aren't, unofficial clones were banned because they could hold both directions at the same time, certain games were retarded and just blocked in both directions making left/right mixups worthless.
It's been sorted since then,authentic hitboxes now have a unique identifier so they can be used.
>>
>>321360927
nice argument, really full of valid points
not saying my post didn't have logical fallacies but cmon dude
literally the best fighting game players in the world overwhelmingly use sticks, are you really implying you're doing it better than they are?
>>
>>321360751
Nobody said the thumb can't do them or even that it's actually really hard, I can KBD on pad just fine.
The "er" part is really fucking important.
>>
>>321361074
>not saying my post didn't have logical fallacies
Then why are you surprised that I'm not giving you a proper response?
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>321361092
Its not harder. Its just different.
Especially Tekken is popular on pad compared to many other fighters. People just pick what they prefer.
Arcade players will obviously gravitate towards stick.
>>
>>321361149
the hypocrisy is strong with this one
>>
>>321358948

For Weebs so they can feel like they're in a Japanese Arcade.
>>
>>321361074
>literally the best fighting game players in the world overwhelmingly use sticks, are you really implying you're doing it better than they are?
You just admitted that your previous post had a logical fallacy and then you dropped another bomb like that.
>>
>>321358948
>>321361249
It's a cheap extra controller so you can let your friends play with you, I'm guessing
>>
>>321360736

Digital inputs are always faster than analog, stupid.
>>
>>321361243
Look up the words you're using because you clearly dont understand them.

Last response you're getting from me. You're an idiot.
>>
>>321359110
It's what the arcades in Japan use for it
>>
>this entire thread

nintendrones first fighting game (smash isn't a fighting game btw)? do you guys not know the difference between analog, stick, and d-pad?

just because smash idiots play with a baby controller with an analog doesn't mean it's good. both d-pad and stick are the only things good to play actual fighting games on.

please stop talking about these things like you know what you're saying
>>
>>321361409
>complains about kneejerk reactions
>calls me an idiot several times
>insists he isn't a hypocrite
>>
>>321361459
Does Smash Bros even have diagonals? Those are fucking shit to hit with an analog stick.
>>
>>321361459
I feel like my psyduck post started a huge argument which was not my intention
I just don't get why they would release a special controller for a fighting game, and ONLY put a d-pad on the controller, especially since it's a 3d fighter
if you're going to make a special controller just give us a stick for fucks sake
>>
>>321361548
Yeh, diagonal tilts are in smash 4
>>
>>321358757
is pokken fun?
does it have mishima fighting style NOT HEIHACHI in it as an OC? because otherwise i will give negative zero fucks
>>
>>321361548
Have you played Smash 4
>>
I never got why sticks are better than d-pads for fighting games
I play better with wasd than any of those. I'm always making accidental diagonals with the sticks
>>
>>321360989
boo fucking hoo!
you can hold left AND right on a hitbox, you should be able to do charge moves that are impossible on a controller otherwise

BAN HITBOX!
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN
BAN

ITS NOT A REAL ARCADE STICK MADE BY FUCKING MADCATZ!

REMEMBER WHEN MADCATZ WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT IN THE 90S?
>>
>>321361909
It's just a preference.
Just play with what you're used to
>>
>>321361970
show us on the doll where the hitbox touched you anon
>>
>>321359859
Just get one of those buffalo snes controllers and save yourself 50 shekels. No analog sticks is an absolute deal breaker for its price point.
>>
>>321362004
Well yeah, but I'm curious if I could better my game if I learn to fight with sticks
>>
>>321362306
Do we even know what the price is yet?
If it's $20-30 shekkels I'd get one
>>
>>321362341
probably, yes
but it is a preference
if you're too used to one thing and you don't want to put the time in to learn another then ya know
just do what you gotta do
>>
>>321362306
It's $13 more, and I might play pokken with it.

>>321362474
$25
>>
>>321361819
Barely. Its why I'm asking.
>>
>>321362341
oh yeh stick good, but pointy stick better for fight. Friend use stick with rock for fight but it expensive and me poor
>>
just pre ordered mine in fear I might not get one if I dont
>>
>>321359343
the box art
>>
>>321361752
Heihachu is in the game
>>
>>321359401
>If you want it, buy it, if not, shut the fuck up.

>P-please don't criticize nintendo!!
>>
>>321359471
Official Nintendo Licensed Product

Okay faggot?
>>
File: i-just-dont-know-anymore.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
i-just-dont-know-anymore.png
36 KB, 872x625
>>321359407
>mfw pokemon figures this out their first fiighting game and DBZ games still don't fucking have it despite it being the most logical system for them
>>
>>321361970
>you can hold left AND right on a hitbox
Well you can't, the official hitbox automatically disables a direction when you hold both down.
>>
that looks like the ugliest cheapest piece of shit of a controller I ever saw
>>
>>321361240
It is objectively harder, even if you personally get to a point where you can consistently KBD with your thumb, if you took 5 minutes to learn the finger-thumb method on stick you would do it faster and could do it for longer.
It's literally physics, doing the KBD motion with one thumb will always be harder than doing it with your fingers and thumb.
Tekken lost almost all of its competitive pad players because competition has ramped up significantly since the Tag and 5DR days, Namco took out the pad ports despite 6, Tag 2, and 7 having the capability to use them, because there are so few pad players left.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.