[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: ToZ.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ToZ.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
what went wrong?
>>
>>321354095
stupid ear feathers
>>
>>321354095
That slut, Rose, took Alisha's role.
>>
Only watched a bit of footage but the world looked empty as fuck, combat looked repetitive, way too many cutscenes (that weren't even good), and the camera was really bad. Not sure if any of those things are fixed in the mid/late game.

Sorey and Mikleo are a cute pair though.
>>
Was thinking of getting the Steam version. Heard it had graphical issues and even a save issues people had. Did they fix that?
>>
>>321354567
Haven't had any save issues yet.

There's a few graphic hiccups during some scenes, but nothing during gameplay.

Also it only went right when Alisha took off. I admit the way it went down is shady as fuck. It's clear they weren't sure what the hell they were doing.
>>
>>321356085
>Also it only went right when Alisha took off.
You mean storywise? Is it really as bad as people say it is?
>>
Horrible AI
Shitty skill system
>>
Lots of half-baked concepts. They should've done so much more with maltran/symmone, add a town in the swamp field, develop the chraracters a little more, unfuck the skill system.
>>
>>321356983
I can't exactly speak for the story, since I've always had a fetish for spirit summoning pacts and interacting spirits, so I'm loving it so matter what.
Story wise Alisha wasn't offering anything other than being a wet blanket, and the game wasn't letting you make her good as a character either, her combos were bad and slow.

If she only proves to show how much of a better companion rose is, they fucking nailed it.
>>
>>321354095
Not enough interesting characters. I'd say it has one of the worst stories too. Combat's also pretty dull and the crafting is slightly less boring than graces, but is still dumb.
Needed more flesh on the some character's back story.
>>
>>321358047
Found it weird how Alisha DLC is still free. Guessing Namco feel they really fucked up and thought it being a free time exclusive was a bad idea. How's the two guys? Heard they are sort of kind of an item.
>>
It took the combat from graces, which I considered the best combat just right above tox2, and shat all over it.
>>
>>321358405
They mainly fucked up since they marketed her as the main heroine.

The two dudes are great because their bromance is actually my imaginary gay friend to outsiders.

The two girl spirits are great too, they're adorable.
>>
>Bland world
>Character stories that are cut too short
>Two main females, neither of them all that good
>Theme of story changes like 3 times and gets worse every time
>Main bad guy is boring, life story makes him even more boring
>Combat gets repetitive fast, even more so on higher difficulties
>Dungeons and optional content bland and same-y
>Combat lacks fluidity, going from attack to blocking is terrible feeling
>Enemy designs probably the most boring I've seen in a Tales game
>Ending lackluster

Everything in the game seems like it could have been good but just falls flat. It's not a bad game by any means though. Just highly mediocre and a bad Tales game.
>>
Alicia ;_;
>>
>>321359115
His life story couldn't have been exciting. He was found by imaginary men and had nothing to do but kill boars and explore the same building over and over.
>>
>>321358894
Cool. I just hope my laptop can run it well enough. Heard people said they were able to easily but I'm always worried when it comes to Japanese PC ports.
>>
>>321359312
It's not a bad port I'd say, it's super easy on your machine as well. I'd definitely get a controller if you don't have one already.
>>
>>321359463
I got two so it's no problem. Glad you were able to answer my questions without just going "don't it sucks don't bother"
>>
Very heavy pandering to fujos
>>
>>321358894
>They mainly fucked up since they marketed her as the main heroine.

She was the main heroine until a last minute change by Baba, so it was only natural she was marketed as such
>>
>>321359668
It's tales. You must be new.

>>321359463
If you're a fan of the series it's definitely not bad to give a go. If you're looking for some fantasy adventure it does the trick too.
>>
>>321359893
If she was, then why can't she armatize?
>>
>>321359312
The game works fine on laptops actually.
>>
>>321360056
I've heard. Wonder if Japan finally is realizing good PC ports are nice to have. But that again we got Heroes which I've heard is horribly optimized.
>>
>>321359960
because Baba
>>
>>321359960
Because baba went into the code and changed Alisha armatize = false.

I kinda liked how it showed how crap she was at being a squire though
>>
>>321360526
Is heroes poor on pc? I was hoping to get it.
>>
>>321360526
Actually I heard Heroes is the first KT port that's good.
>>
>>321360531
>>321360606
If it's true, then it could be possible to find her armatize model in the PC version by searching the codes so we could mod her armatize back in. We should really try and do that to make her into a proper character.
>>
>>321360745
>>321360753
Oh never mind. I remember seeing it when it first was on Steam and it had a requirement of GTX 900. Guessing they updated it since I've seen it.
>>
>>321354095
Alisha looks awful.
In fact, every female except for Edna looks awful in their character portraits.
>>
>>321354095
Nothing. They actually finally caved and gave us Japanese audios.
>>
Lots of bad decisions and very poor execution. Story is shit, with the characters being kinda boring save for like 2 and the villain being even more shit.

Gameplay is lackluster, they restrict your combos too hard, even with that one skill. AI teammates are dumb even for a tales game with the command options being barebones as fuck.

It's sad because you could really see how this would've made for a great game had they done it right.
>>
>>321354095
Pros:
-Nice graphics (don't listen to people who go 'hurr durr it looks last gen)
-Lovely soundtrack (mostly Go Shiina's contribution)
-Decent dub
-Loosely based on King Arthur myths
-Over-world isn't too big
-Combat is easy to pick up once you learn it
-Sorey is an okay MC (could be worse, he could be Luke)

Cons:
-Story loses its momentum once you beat the temples
-Frustrating, obtuse skill system
-Unique equipment is thrown out in favor of mix-matching skills attached to redundant items (think Mass Effect 1)
-You want to keep a certain skill on an item when it's fused? Too bad, it's random. Or go grind for a drop that has that skill you want.
-Alisha disappears out of the blue (for a superior girl imo)
-Wind spirit character also disappears for a superior character
-Dungeons are boring boxes
-Villain's story develops through a series of glorified audio logs

That's all i can think of. If it's your first Tales game, it's fine. I liked it myself to be honest, but i've only played Symphonia and Abyss.
>>
>>321362082
>Sorey is an okay MC (could be worse, he could be Luke)
Way to lose credibility. Other than that I agree.
>>
>>321360606
I doubt it since someone would've found a model of her armatized form by now.
>>
File: 1446247680537.png (446 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1446247680537.png
446 KB, 950x534
>>321354095
>>
>>321363090
Shhh, don't say that you're gonna get called a shill.
You're right though, there's no proof in the code that there's an armatized form for her and no model either. Considering the game is on PC now people would had noticed that by now.
>>
>>321362082
>-Frustrating, obtuse skill system
>-Unique equipment is thrown out in favor of mix-matching skills attached to redundant items (think Mass Effect 1)
>-You want to keep a certain skill on an item when it's fused? Too bad, it's random. Or go grind for a drop that has that skill you want.
About to play it. Can anyone explain the skill system and equipment if it really is that annoying?
>>
>>321363649
each piece of equip has 4 slots that can have a skill. you cannot move these skills around and they can be merged with the same piece to stack or remove depending on where they are.

So if you want to keep a skills you basically have to stack it and that's gonna take having two pieces of gear with the same skill on the same slot. Which means luck or grind.

It is possible to just not use the system and outlevel opponents but it's a pain.
>>
>>321365110
Man that really sucks. Any way you can just reset and hope you get the skill you want? Hoping the new game fixes that. And everyone talks about the lack of a camera in battle. Is it really a giant issue as people make it out to be or does it only really matter for a few fights?
>>
>>321365110
What are the best skills to have anyway? Also I heard you get bonuses from stacking multiple specific skills one ones another too.
>>
>>321365630
yeah there's also a grid and each skill has a spot on the grid, stacking skills and making lines gives bonuses. more RNG :D
>>
>>321366081
It's not really RNG as a lot of stuff is actually not random. Especially if you fuse 2 equipments with fire fire, it will lead to a fire skill that's in between the 2 fire skills rounded down. So if you fuse fire1+fire5 you get fire3 skill. Also there's an easy way to not lose specific skills actually since locked skills don't actually get used. So basically if you got an item with perfect skills on all 3 slots all you have to do is fuse the others equip you want to fuse it together so they have locked skills everywhere so the skills don't change.
>>
>>321363224
Nah Sorey and MIkleo being homo is one of the things that isn't against it surprisingly.

Helps they aren't in your face about it.
>>
>>321366541
They're seen as homos only by people into gay stuff to begin with. I'm straight and didn't notice anything gay on-going at all. Though I'll be honest I didn't really see any actual romance in the game at all.
>>
>>321365551
I completely forgot about the camera. It is perhaps the single worst thing about the game. The battles happen on the same field as the world map, so if combat commences in a small hallway, the camera will routinely get stuck in the corner, or on rocks, or on trees. You can adjust the height of the camera in the options but it doesn't help. The camera is just ass.
>>
>>321354095
Thinking of getting this for 33 bucks, should I bother or is the port shit?
>>
>>321366815
It's a good port. Only a few minor bugs, but that's it.
>>
they've fixed the 30fps thing, now they just need to fix the skill system and the camera and I'll play it
>>
File: 1447725328259.png (124 KB, 325x416) Image search: [Google]
1447725328259.png
124 KB, 325x416
>>321363224
>>
>>321366807
Does the right analog stick do anything in battle? Because if not the idea they decided to not have it control the camera is fucking stupid.
>>
>>321368139
No there is no manual camera control.
>>
>>321366510
It's not explained well. I ignored the skill system after i lit up the hearts chain for everyone because i fucking hated dealing with the skills.
>>
I don't get it. It seems like ALL the Tales games have been half-baked since Vesperia.
>>
>>321368646
That's when Baba took over as producer
>>
>have engine made
>have a team experienced in making tales games
>have art style more or less accepted
>can literally make your rpg be about anything and have a guaranteed following
>still fuck it up
>>
>>321368646

They wanted to make big HD games without expanding the team or the time taken.

Surprise, all Tales games since then shit themselves in the last third, if not sooner*.

(*Except for ToX2, which had the benefit of a huge percentage of the assets being reused.)
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.