[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: controversial opinions Pic related, I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: -6NUSw0_7QWv.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg (111 KB, 840x473) Image search: [Google]
-6NUSw0_7QWv.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg
111 KB, 840x473
ITT: controversial opinions

Pic related, I liked it.
>>
Be original for once, OP, and suck my ass.
>>
>>321310821
I liked it, for like 30 hours. It does start getting repetitive after that though, especially when you realise every quest amounts to going somewhere, getting something/killing someone, then reporting back just to it all again. Not a lot of creativity has been put into the various questlines. The world is great though, and so is the modding and some of the characters. It just feels like too much potential has been wasted.
>>
>>321310821
I'm enjoying it at like 60 hours in. The main quest line is kinda dumb so far but I really like a lot of the side quests.

>Silver Shroud
>Cambridge Polymer Labs
>Some of the Vaults

I don't know if it's because I read like every terminal I find or I'm just easy to entertain
>>
CS:GO is the most boring shooter on this planet.
Black Ops 3 is actually decent
Fallout 4 is a good game, just not a good Fallout game
Sm4sh is okay while Melee has the most autistic fanbase on this board
MGS4 is a good game, but bad MGS game
Deus Ex is overrated as fuck. Human Revolution is more pleasing in every way.

Anything I missed?
>>
>>321310821
MGS3 and naked snake were the two things that ultimately killed the series.
>>
>>321312469
It was a good prequel and I think it made the right direction being more linear.
>>
File: 1416198378275.jpg (28 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
1416198378275.jpg
28 KB, 400x384
I liked it, for the most part. The biggest complaint I have, besides the dialogue trees and lack of options is that the radiant quest system is a terrible, cancerous product of lazy game development. It gives the developers an excuse to glaze over the side quests, reducing the amount of quality stories therein.
>>
i don't care what people on sites i don't browse think about popular games
>>
>>321311302
>Be original
>suck your ass
pretty sure he does it on his week ends
>>
>>321310821
Fallout 4 is fan-fucking-tastic. /v/ is just so mentally handicapped and chained to its hivemind that it's actually become less intelligent than /r/gaming. I'm not even being hyperbolic. It's that bad.
>>
>>321311302

I'm afraid I'm not a homosexual.
>>
Well sure, it's a pretty okay FPS with RPG elements.
>>
File: 1448155792643.jpg (67 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1448155792643.jpg
67 KB, 720x480
>>321313507
>fan-fucking-tastic.
>>
>>321313013
It started the trend of goofy period pieces
>>
Dragon Age 2 is the best role-playing game ever because it is just Hawke going about his daily life and is about you being Hawke.
>>
File: 1450178377811.jpg (122 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450178377811.jpg
122 KB, 500x500
>>321313507
>Fallout 4 is fan-fucking-tastic
>>
I liked witcher 3s combat.
Da2 was okay.
me2>me3>me1
>>
File: 1445449341451.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
1445449341451.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>321313932
>>
File: fallout 3 karma.jpg (108 KB, 869x1127) Image search: [Google]
fallout 3 karma.jpg
108 KB, 869x1127
>>321310821
I enjoyed FO3, even with it's problems.
>>
>>321310821
The game is fun for those who enjoy shallow shoot-em-ups without really any intriguing or engaging story to supplement the gameplay. Thus I got bored after about 40 hours in. Their is simply not enough development of characters to really invest any interest into the game. There is no motivation for me to try to save my son, even though that would be perfect motivation enough. The game just seems to slap on a story to this game like it doesn't really need one, but I feel because of this the game really has no pull for me to play other than to blow up enemies and strut around in power armor.
>>
>>321314454
>Their is simply
Meant "there", my apologies.
>>
>>321310821
>Map looks like shit
>Download the improved map mod
>Looks even worst

Seriously nobody is able to fix the fucking map on this crappy game?

Jesus.
>>
Fallout 4 is a decent game
By no means great and it lacks a lot in the RPG department, but for once combat isn't pure shit
And some of the side quests are fun
The Silver Shroud questline actually made good used of the voiced PC
I enjoyed the Shroud dialogue options a fucking lot
>>
>>321312051
You
I like you
>>
>>321310821
Gunplay was enjoyable. However it became way too easy way too quickly. I mostly see future tweaks doing nothing but upping the amount of health and damage enemies do instead of any AI tweaks, so hopefully one that increases the number that spawn comes out soon.
>>
>>321314454
>CLEARLY hasn't played FO4

Nice meme, underage.
>>
You can like it.
I sometimes like crap and or mc donalds too.
>>
Rhythm games are more fun and require more skill than most "competitive" or "tournament-level" games like Counterstrike or faggy League of legends.
>>
>>321313507
I agree with the part about the shitty hivemind. The game is bad, but not for the reasons /v/ thought when footage of it leaked. Everyone criticized the game for "having shit combat" and "looking like shit" when in reality the artstyle and combat of the game are probably the best things about it.
Game is an unfinished mess tho
>>
>>321315719
Please, just leave Todd...
>>
File: deadman.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deadman.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321314454
>>321316116
You didn't mention the settlement system at all. If you didn't augment your play through with meaningful development and advancement of your settlements along with your character development than what the fuck was the point?
>>
Sm4shfags are ignorant memers who feel the need to talk shit about Melee constantly without knowing the most basic things about it
>>
>CSGO is a good competitive game
>Fallout 4 was fun and is far better than Failout 3
>The Wii U lineup is good, for the most part; the tablet controller also is comfortable and 1000x better than Wiimotes
>Shooters are fun and exciting
>>
>>321316463
The settlement system is not part of the story. You don't need to invest into it to complete the main story. Besides, I feel the settlement building system is evident in and of itself to how Fallout 4 caters to the Minecraft generation, not RPG lovers.
>>
File: 1449412088897.png (242 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1449412088897.png
242 KB, 500x368
>>321316463
I'm not buying your shitty game because you let people make favelas for generic settlers.

I already pirated it, deleted it and forgot about it until this thread rolled around.
>>
One Punch Man is fantastic for a meme anime.
>>
>>321316614
Which presents another problem, this game seems to be a mish mash of action and settlement building that IMO doesn't work well for a Fallout game. The lack of truly gratifying dialogue and faction development leaves more to be desired, IMO of course.
>>
>>321311374

Every Beth game feels like that though. Like you expect so much from these big worlds they create. Like going to a big restaurant, ordering their full five course meal and all they bring you are side dishes an no main course or dessert nor beverage. Just some potatoes and mac'n cheese.
>>
>>321316463

Not anyone you're replying to, but honestly if I wanted to do base building there are dozens of games that do it better, and the truth is that's not why I play Fallout at all. The system itself is poorly implemented, clunky, and fits right in with the rest of the button bind issues Fallout 4 has. Beyond all that, it's harder still to care about building bases when your character progression matters less than ever and you're essentially shepherded through the conversations that would otherwise characterize them. So what reason does the game give you to give a shit besides knowing that setting up your settlements will yield more supplies to build more samey custom weapons?
>>
I could point a gun into any friendly npc's face, and no one would react. What's up with that?
>>
I've spent 70 hours on it and done everything.

What I think is really bad is the lack of diversity in playstyle.

You kind of just level up into this master of all trades unkillable godlike figure, rather than speicifcally focus on one thing.

Oh, I can be a sniper, I kill everything with my shishkebab, I've got the assault rifle, got the XO1 power armour, modded everything, discovered all the locations.

Now what?
>>
File: GTAV-Review[1].jpg (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GTAV-Review[1].jpg
602 KB, 1280x720
this was my favorite game in the GTA series
>>
>>321310821
I like it too. What do you think the DLC will be about?
>>
>>321317552

>not purging the wasteland of all living things so none have to suffer the blight any longer and live eternally in the kingdom of heaven

What's your excuse for not doing God's work anon?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.