[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game has terrible control. It's a hack-and-slash game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 762218-genma_onimusha[1].jpg (83 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
762218-genma_onimusha[1].jpg
83 KB, 640x908
This game has terrible control. It's a hack-and-slash game yet relies on fixed camera angles and Resident Evil-style tank controls. Fuck it.

AT LEAST let me use the analog stick instead of the d-pad.

>Fuck off, underage

More like you refuse to accept I'm right. Hack-and-slash games need 3D controls, which Devil May Cry got right.
>>
It's getting cold, isn't it?

Fuck off, underage
>>
>>321298796
The underage board can be found at reddit.
>>
Git gud underage faggot
>>
>waaaaah i'm a casual retard
>waaaaan why dont older games control like newer ones
>waaaaaaaaaaah

Fucking git gud you faggot. Are you saying you're more of a retarded casual than me when I was 13? Holy fuck get some skill you fucking cry baby.
>>
>>321299008
>bitching about controls you don't enjoy is a matter of skill and not discomfort and frustration with a core function of the game
>>
You are fundamentally wrong. If anything having 3D movement with fixed cameras (like early DMC and Onimusha 3 and 4) actually fucked over the gameplay because your motion is still relative to the camera without the advantage of continuous input remaining consistent between camera positions. Onimusha 1 and 2 control fantastically. Maybe the Xbox version has shit input problems, I can only account for the PS2 one, but tank controls hold the games together.
If you're seriously having troube beating either games, either get good or consider sudoku. It's not hard at all.
>>
>>321298796
Hack-and-slash games are best controlled by m+kb you underage faggot.

beat em ups can controls how they like
>>
>>321298796
Well it's supposed to be an RE-style game.
It's not for everyone.
They do eventually change the controls as the series moved away from RE-style into its own thing though.
>>
>>321298796
>not playing the superior version on PS2

Fucking faggot, kill yourself and take your parents with you for spawning such a fucking bitch
>>
>>321298796
>Not playing the superior PS2 version

Kill yourself you fucking faggot, bitch-ass nigga
>>
are there good original xbox emulators? i want to play ninja gaiden
>>
>>321298796

Having a good argument with yourself?
>>
>>321298796
Yes, it has tank controls with fixed camera angles on an action game.
And yet it works because everything was balanced around it, from enemy behavior to attacks and combos/finishers.
Play onimusha 3 instead if you cant tolerate tank controls.
>>
>>321298796
Shitposting from the op aside, what were the differences between the xbox and ps2 versions? I've only ever played the xbox port and followed it up with 2 to 4 after on PS2.
>>
>>321299603
Yeah, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams felt almost like a proto-Demon's Souls type of game.

I wish they could have continued and refined the combat with sequels, but alas, it ended at DOD.
>>
>>321299958
The Xbox version has a Nemesis-like doll who chased you around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkpw_GAbmEw
>>
>>321299616
>>321299684
The Xbox Hueg version is literally better.

PS2 never had the best version of a multiplat. Ever. The only thing that was possibly better on PS2 was Viewtiful Joe 1, for playable Dante. And even then, it had worse framerate/graphics.
>>
>>321300336
Top kek

>try less
>>
>>321299962

I didn't like the tone change much personally. In the first three the adventure and puzzle-solving aspects were much more prominent and the fighting had small numbers and every individual enemy had the potential to cause trouble.

DoD became almost a beat em up.
>>
>>321300090
>Damage sponge
>That shitty spin attack that can be blocked indefinitely but takes forever to end
>floats around and latches onto you like those annoying mana-eaters only it drains health instead
Look dreadful. Also, I don't remember being able to charge your weapon and still keep it charged whilst blocking. Then again, it's been a while since I last played it.
>>
>>321300090
>>321301036
Also:
>Not a single issen attamp, blocked or otherwise
Is it immune? That would be fucking awful.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.