[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, all I have right now is old gen systems and an old potato
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1447716587925.jpg (15 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1447716587925.jpg
15 KB, 540x360
Hey /v/, all I have right now is old gen systems and an old potato laptop (can play old games and indies). I'm thinking of upgrading to current gen and have a budget of $1000.

Should I get a PS4, XB1, Wii U, 3DS, Raspberry Pi for Emulation, and a PSTV for about $1000 or should I build a gaming rig?
>>
>>321296573
is this bait? gaming pc . you can even build a good enough one under 1000. so many games and mods
>>
>>321296573
PS4 first, Wii U second

PC if resolution and framerate is big deal to you
But if you don't give a shit about and just want the game to work stick with consoles
>>
You can build a pretty good gaming rig for that much.
>>
PC by a long shot. PS4 is a glorified Bloodborne machine unless you care about JRPGs.
XB1 is dog shit. Wii U and 3DS are okay if you like Nintendo stuff and pokemon.

PC will get you much more for your money since the library is massive.
>>
>>321296909
>Wii U and 3DS are okay if you like Nintendo stuff and pokemon.
Not even

Nintendo had so many weak entries in their respective series this gen, with the exception of Mario Kart 8, Triple Deluxe, Tropical Freeze, 3D World and Pikmin and such

Pokemon this generation is absolute garbage, before you go MUH GENWUN

I mean the games, X & Y is very poorly made and ORAS is a remake thats worse than the original
>>
PC will always have more games from more genres and more eras. If its worth it to you a PC is never a bad investment but if you just want console games save your money
>>
>>321296573

Just get a PS4. In 2016 it's gonna stomp competition and there's no point getting all these systems all at the same time aside from blatant consumerism. It will play everything relevant and you already have a lot of games you're missing out on. I have a 3ds and I think it's EXTREMELY overrated. The games are all simplistic as fuck and just plain out not worth it. Dunno about wii u but the system is dead in the water already. There are quite a few interesting titles on it though. As for the bone, imo, it's just irrelevant and completely redundant on all accounts.

So all in all I'd get a PS4 and some giant ass tv and call it a day. Maybe add a wii u to the mix to spic things up. You already have a lot of games to catch up with and there's a bazillion high quality stuff coming out for the ps4 next year, so there's no point in buying everything and getting completely overwhelmed with stuff, as well as owning a bunch of redundant systems.

>>321296830
Yeah, get only a gaming pc so he can play all those hot multiplats and indie trash like undershit while missing out on everything relevant. Great plan.
>>
So why would I build a PC for multiplats when I could get every console and handheld plus a Raspberry Pi for emulation for the same price?

Couldn't I just play all the old games on my toaster laptop? I mean what good exclusives has PC had since 2005 that couldn't run on a laptop?
>>
>>321298437

PC doesn't have exclusives that justify building anything modern. You get it to run multiplats better. That's why it's a good purchase if you already have something else. Owning only a pc is about the most retarded thing you could possibly do gaming wise. The good exclusives are extremely dated and ancient stuff such as Mount & Blade and Stalker, which are extremely good, but can run on anything.

Also the pc market is getting fucked due to nvidia sabotaging every release, as well as broken ports becoming the norm. Plus it's not a good time to build a pc right now because the new gpus are right around the corner and they're gonna be a huge technological leap because the die size will be shrinked by half. It's not gonna be just an incremental upgrade like the trash we've been getting for years already. Anyone looking forward to building a pc right now should hold out until nvidia's new cards come out in a few months or regret buying something that will abruptly become outdated right after purchase.

Or just get a console and be done with it if you aren't anal about fps and what not.
>>
>>321298437
If you feel that a gaming PC is pointless, then why did you even make this thread? Just go buy the half dozen consoles.
>>
>>321298862
I mean am I not being logical here? Why are so many people recommending PC here? I own a toaster laptop, as does every person outside of Africa. I'm asking about a "gaming rig"

What's the big advantage? Just frames and resolution?
>>
>>321298313
>Owning a weebo machine ever

Unless OP really wants anime games where you play as little girls and twinks, he should get the bone
>>
>>321299362

More like owning a machine that serves any taste, unlike the xbone that only has MUH SHITTY CASUALIZED SHOOTERS, MUH MURIKA SIMULATOR

Also,
>sage

Back to r/4chan with you, underage murikan.

>>321298862
He's not OP. He's the 8th new IP in this thread.
>>
>>321299201
only framerate and resolution
all the other crap you hear is from autists that fucked up and went to buy an overpriced box just to have extra 20 fps when they play a shity multiplat game
I would buy a ps4 and a 3ds
>>
>>321299516
Alright, thinking about PS4 + PSTV + Wii U + 3DS + Raspberry Pi. Then skip Xbone and just use the money to get some games.
>>
>>321299462
>Serves any taste
>Almost all the future exclusives are weebo shit
Oh I see what you mean retard
>>
>>321299664
well more options for games
Its stupid to sacrifice all those games like pokemans, zelda , mario and bloodborne plus multiplats for better performance
>>
Can't even tell if people are trolling or /v/ has actually been infected by console niggers.
>>
>>321300309
was /v/ PC only?
>>
>>321299850
Japanese doesn't mean weeb
Bloodborne is a japanese game
just a hint
>>
>>321296573
If you're not fucking retarded then you buy a good PC.
>>
>>321301331
I know what it means faggot. I'm talking about the majority of the games being shit anime games. Learn to read
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.