[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vermintide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: vermintide.jpg (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vermintide.jpg
646 KB, 1920x1080
Is it worth buying? Would you guys recommend?

My computer can handle basically any modern game with ease, so that's not an issue and I would have friends to play with.

I have heard bad things about replayability and loot system in the steam reviews, so I don't know what to make of it.
>>
Do you like the concept of L4D?
Do you like Warhammer?

If so you won't be disappointed, especially if you have friends to play it with.
>>
It's fun

Very melee heavy which changes things up.

And the loot system's fine
>>
>>321286009
>>And the loot system's fine
The loost system was garbage before they changed it with trinkets and the shrine.

>>321285756
L4D set in warhammer fantasy universe, extremely fun with friends, would love to see them add more maps.
>>
>>321285895
That's so retarded.

It plays, lorewise, at the end of the Warhammer-Cycle.

Some would even argue it has barely anything to do with the core-lore of Warhammer.
>>
>>321286880
Was doesn't matter, it is fine
>>
Did they ever fix the optimization?
>>
It's a great, fun game as it stands right now. It is a total reskin of left4dead game play and mechnic wise.

Most of the bad reviews are about the totally optional loot grind system that unlocks no extra content anyway, and seem to be a result of people being batshit and playing too much.
>>
Is it still fun if I have no friends to play this with? I liked both L4D, and replayed them plenty of times after finishing the campaigns.
>>
>>321287361

It is fine. Buy it.

That's enough compliments for your game
>>
>>321287361
I play it solo fine, you'll do up to hard with no issue. (you can even do them solo with bots once you get some good gear for all the characters) Nightmare is fine with pubbies too unless you get a real idiot
>>
>>321285756

It's a mixed thing for me to recommend, it requires friends, MULTIPLE friends, not just 1.

I had a lot of fun. Then I beat it, less than 24 hours after purchase.

The game is designed for you to redo levels over and over, on harder difficulties and grab challenging items that make it harder to in turn get awarded better loot and basically improve your gear.

You get gear via rolling dice at the end of a level and the higher the roll the better the gear. The catch? The basic dice are garbage and can't win the good gear. You improve your rolls by picking up Tomes and Curse items in the levels, which take over your healing item slot and reduce your max health respectively.

The core issue? The AI is beyond unplayable, some of the worst I've seen in games since the early 2000s. Even if you have 1 friend (meaning 2 human, 2 AI) you will never be capable of carrying all the Tomes and Curses out of the level for maximum reward, the AI will 99% of the time refuse to even pick the Tomes up (And will not pick up Curses ever) meaning unless you have 3 other humans to play with for a 4 human game, you will pretty much NEVER get orange quality gear and trinkets, because with only 2 humans you'll only be able to get 2 bonus dice and 2 Curses at most.

Have fun carrying 2 Tomes and 2 Curses, walking around with like 1/4 normal max health with no healing items, while the 2 of you do ALL the work on the hardest difficulty because the AI barely does anything, only to reach the end event and get taken down by the Ogre Rat and watch your 2 AI partners stand there and never pick you up, as you watch all your time and effort flushed down the toilet and the level to restart.

I have 1 close gaming buddy, my brother, and while we loved the game, we ended up dropping it because it's a dead end progression wise if you don't have 4 people playing, you will NEVER progress if you have any AI in your party and the randoms you meet online are L4D2 tier cancer to play with.
>>
>>321287361
>Is it still fun if I have no friends to play this with?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It has the worst AI this side of Daikatana, and the game is designed in such a way that you cannot, IN ANY WAY, play its full potential alone. The AI can't carry the 1 of the items that improve your rolls for gear after each level, and they often refuse to carry the other item that improves you rolls, meaning you cannot get top gear, you will beat the game in 2 days and then be unable to do the post-game gear grind, meaning your game is basically over then.

See >>321288038
>>
I think it's a fine game. I binged on it for about two weeks and haven't picked it up since then. The loot system relies too much on random chance for me to get the specific gear that I want and playing with pubbies is usually a mixed bag. You'll either have players constantly nudging you to get every single bonus (grimoires, etc) or people who are so clueless that they seem to have a death wish.

There are a handful of technical problems (none I consider game-breaking) that I could bring up, but the biggest complaint I have is common to any kind of cooperative game you play with strangers. If something goes wrong, the last person to take responsibility is oneself. Expect the occasional spergy butt-rage over simple mistakes and don't expect to play it for more than a few weeks.

The Trueflight bow is also OP as shit. I can almost solo blackrat patrols as an elf on Normal.
>>
>>321288203
Dude why the fuck are you going on about AI

If you don't have friends just play with pubbies, it's what I've done
>>
>>321288552

The pubs are worse than L4D2, which I used to crown as the worse pubs in gaming, until I bought Vermintide. Everyone is a tryhard that wants to get every tome and grimoire, even if the party clearly isn't able to handle it, and when they fuck up it's everyone's fault but their own. I can't even finish a good 95% of pub games I do, everyone leaves after some idiot causes us to die.
>>
>>321288467
>I think it's a fine game. I binged on it for about two weeks and haven't picked it up since then.

Judging by every ounce of feedback I've ever seen for this game. This seems to be the normal approach to this game. The amount of RNG tied to gearing just kills the post game

>Hope your party can handle grabbing all the Grims and Tomes
>Hope that Tank rat doesn't spawn right after you've got 2 Grims lowering you to 25% health
>Hope your dice rolls are good
>Hope the item tier you rolled is a weapon class you actually need
>Hope after that, that it's an upgrade
>>
>>321288659

Different guy here. I don't think it's that bad but I always go as a Trueflight elf so my survivability is significantly higher.

It's so fucking irritating when someone starts ordering lower levels to pick up grimoires and acts surprised when they get fucking stomped at the end. It's also annoying when people assume that higher levels should know literally every grimoire location in every map, as if it's my fucking job to help them farm instead of enjoying myself.
>>
I got 100 hours out of it, great fun. Some players are definitely retarded but the superior feeling you get when you're so obviously carrying their incompetent asses is nice
>>
>>321288784

> The amount of RNG tied to gearing just kills the post game

I agree 100%. It's also a really blatant example of why RNG loot drops are inherently a bad idea. It's a really shallow way to encourage "replayability," but we have so many other games to choose from that we'd rather quit playing than deal with that level of farming.

It's a shame, since the core game has a tremendous amount of potential and I really did enjoy it for those few weeks. I really hate Payday 2's loot system, but I'd rather have something like that than what Vermintide is using right now.
>>
>Is it worth buying? Would you guys recommend?

No. It gets boring super quick. The game has a waiting room and expect to wait there for a few minutes before you could play.
>>
>>321289432
>for a few minutes

Oh no, how will the ADHDH generation ever handle this
>>
>>321289432
>>321289473

The waiting usually isn't that bad, but it gets old really quick if you get stuck in that rare loop of "waiting a few minutes to get disconnected" happening over and over for nearly 20 minutes.

I haven't picked up the game in a few weeks but I remember the devs finally gave you the option of selecting a specific session. It was still glitchy and unreliable. I don't even remember there being ping counters.
>>
So after seeing this thread I went and had a little go on it again.
Grimoires don't exist any more? the tomes and shit got moved around.
>>
>>321289627
Then select yourself to be the host and start he game, people will join as you go.
>>
>>321290002

Are you fucking joking? After all the shit I received from the autists who would yell at me for not knowing where the grims are, they went and changed it again?

Amazing.
>>
>>321290154
Just the first level, since you barely had to go to any trouble to get them
>>
>>321289473
>hurr durr patience is gold immah mateur adult with a lot of patience

No waiting like in L4D2 is clearly a good thing. Eat shit
>>
>>321290002
>>321290154
Horn of Magnus is the only level that had the location of grimoires and tomes changed, but they're all still in there. The vast majority of the games were just grinding that map for loot anyway, so of course morons are going to bitch.
>>
>>321290285
>>321290417
Where the fuck are they in HoM then? the two spots they were were fine, I thought they would put it where the last tome was, on the little jump at the brothel but there was only a bomb there.
>>
>>321290085
>people will join as you go.

A lot of the stages need 4 competent human players. It is pointless to do this unless you don't care about completing stages at all
>>
>>321290531
The only 2 stages I can think you would need 4 at the beginning are Black powder and Wheat and chaff
>>
>>321290493

This is why vermintide is shit and not fun at all. People just want to grind instead of having fun like in L4D2. It doesn't help that the game doesn't have steam workshop support.
>>
>>321290812

My friend, how can they sell their helmet skins if players can go and make better ones on their own?

What are you, entitled?
>>
>>321290812
It can be very grindy
Unlike LFD, you can't swap weapons at regular intervals, and for a melee-orientated game, the combat mechanics are pretty basic, so you get used to doing the same thing with the same weapons over and over
>>
>>321290960

> Play elf with daggers
> Horn of Magnus finale
> Slash x3, push. Slash x3, push, Slash x3, push.
> Occasionally bring out the bow to kill a special
> Slash x3, push. Slash x3, push, Slash x3, push...

It's still a fun game, but I get what you mean. I shouldn't even be tanking but I can still do a decent job at holding them off through pushes.
>>
>>321285756
Has no content. Wait a few years.
>>
What was that other Warhammer game? Mordheim or whatever? how's it? Is it singleplayer or multiplayer
>>
>>321291393

Isn't Mordheim a turn-based multiplayer game? It seemed interesting but I never looked into it.

The only thing I remember about that series is that I used to have photos of some really awesome sets for the tabletop game.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.