[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got any idea what the hell is this? I suppose it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151224_124017.jpg (311 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_124017.jpg
311 KB, 1280x720
Anyone got any idea what the hell is this? I suppose it's related to some cut content because I can't find any use for it, nor for the similar looking keyhole in haunted mansion.

TOMBA thread! This game deserves so much love.
>>
>>321281869
I'd really prefer if you'd be quiet.
>>
>>321281869
I do not have any idea. But I'd like to know.
>>
>Tomba thread
Was it Tomba in NA? I clearly remember having Tombi! but I'm european.

Good nostalgia thread OP.
>>
>>321281869
I remember there being a witch quest with a mirror that you can place here involved. Can't say for sure if the mirror and the witch quest are connected at all, the last time that I've played this game was more than a decade ago and it is so so perfect. Tomba 2 is a fucking piece of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tu1KdKI2SA
>>
>>321282102
It's tombi in EU. In Italian tomba means grave, so maybe that could be part of the reason?

>>321282045
Seems like the game has a ton of cut content. The event list has a fuck ton of empty spaces, some rooms are straight up useless with just a charity wing in it and the item list has a lot of useless items. But for some reason this stands out the most for me.
>>
>>321281869
Never played Tomba 1, but I did play a lot of Tomba 2. Tomba called 'Tombi' in Europe. Was the shit back in the day. Lotta fun on the PS1.
>>
>>321282462
download 100% save somewhere and try to connect the dots, there are lot of things that are hard to find without a guide. It really surprised me how much there was to discover even after I have completed the game, it wasn't usual for a PS1 title.

>>321282760
I would really recommend Tomba! over Tomba 2, maybe I'm just being a nostalgiafag but I think the first one is much more charming. there are lot of things that bugs me about Tomba 2 with main quest about Tomba's gf being the main one
>>
>>321282462
Also, if you think there is a ton of cut content you should contact game devs. There is a huge chance they might tell you a lot of interesting stuff, I've messaged some of old unpopular games' devs and discovered some interesting stuff, so you should definitely give it a shot
>>
>>>>321282328
You get the mirror in the area next to where the keyhole is, after that you do a bunch of shit that gets you the most powerful weapon and then gives you back the mirror which now has no use at all, even though the bitch says a vague "maybe you could find some use for it :^)"
Tried using all the items I got on it, no luck.
>>
There's a lot of missing content from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF4l2iC2QMc

I want more Tomba. It's too bad the sequel is terrible.
>>
>>321281869
I'd really prefer if you'd stop using filters
>>
>>321283294
Filters are alright, but image in oppost looks fucking terrible, is this an upscaled cropped image or something? It's blurry as fuck
>>
File: IMG_20151224_131324.jpg (353 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151224_131324.jpg
353 KB, 1280x720
>>321283294
I'm actually playing it on the PSP go. Best thing ever since oxygen.

>>321282927
Will do. I tried 100% myself without external help, but then I gave up, looked up some guides and found that the guides don't list any event that I didn't do yet, meaning that these things are really useless. Maybe I can find a saved game though. Contacting the devs is also a good idea, if only to thank them for this fantastic game.
And yes, tomba 2 is a good game but much worse than the first one. 3d took away a lot from it. Although the time stop part was really cool.
>>
>>321283839
How much time does the battery hold while playing ?
>>
>>321283928
6ish hours with lowest brightness I think? It's pretty good actually.
>>
>>321283839
it always crashed in mushroom forest on psp2000 for me
>>
>>321284357
Depends on the firmware version. On the last FW I only have problems with sheep dog and wolf, all other games I played are basically native.
>>
>>321282927
Tomba! was just about you losing your gold bracelet and fucking shit up while looking for it, finding out PIGS took over the world. Tomba put his fast pants on and decided he was gonna get that bracelet back.

While Tomba 2 was.......plot mcguffin the game
>tomba learns to swim in the first one
>suddenly forgets and falls into the ocean
>suddenly GOTTA START ALL OVER

I mean I liked Tomba 2 and see it as a upgrade visually and mechanically but it lost the simplicity of Tomba! by adding too much like the needless grind of items.
>>
>>321284676
Do you remember the mine cart
I sure do
I sure fucking do
Ruined the whole game for me
At least the boss fights are actually challenging in 2 at least, in 1 they are a joke
>>
File: snek.png (248 KB, 900x485) Image search: [Google]
snek.png
248 KB, 900x485
>google tomba cut content
>2 users are reading this topic
>>
https://tcrf.net/Tomba!
>>
>>321285260
i want more anon
>>
>>321284953
The minecart gives me PTSD

that and the fucking mudball/sand shit early game

But once you got past that it was so much easier and the worlds were tons more fleshed out in 2. But again they made shit too hard when it didn't need to be.

Should've just stuck with a 3d puzzle platformer.

But the boss fights were better in 2 though still easy cause of the ice cream move you get early BREAKING the game
>>
>>321286076
>mudballs
Holy shit the repressed memories came flooding back
I wouldn't be surprised if that shit alone was the reason whoopeecamp closed down
>>
File: 1783202483.gif (424 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
1783202483.gif
424 KB, 500x432
>>321281869
Anyone played the spiritual successor to the Tomba series yet?
>>
>>321286660
What is it?
>>
>The dog is your seventh friend in the first game
>find his petrified body in the second game

Nope, it's on niggers
>>
>>321287925
That hit me in the feels man

also >100 year old man basically makes an appearance in the 2nd game
>spry as shit
>even more of a douche in this one
>somehow all these old men from previous games just disappeared from the face of the earth even though they have the knowledge to put these pigs away forever
>just go NOPE NOT MY PROBLEM
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.