[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought you guy were just shitposting This game is fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 9
File: battlefront.jpg (2 MB, 4785x2553) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
2 MB, 4785x2553
I thought you guy were just shitposting
This game is fucking garbage
>>
It's really really depressing too.

I wanted it to be good. Hell, I would've settled for decent. With the kind of visuals we got, I would've settled for mindless indulgence.

Beyond the visuals, which are godly, there's literally nothing there. It's so sad
>>
>>321279417
I usually don't even give a shit if a game is shallow or anything but this, its just not fun.
>>
Really you didn't play the open beta?
>>
There was an open beta. Everyone who isn't a dumb piece of shit noticed it was absolute garbage after playing the beta.

A battlefield clone with a star wars skin would've been better.
>>
>>321279331
I like it quite a lot. Been playing it for around 30 hours had much fun with it. Now it starts to get dull tho because no content.

As a game I like it but they seriously need to add conquest mode I don't know what the fuck they were thinking not adding conquest.
>>
>>321279331
Dropped it after a few hours. Went straight back to Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>>321279331
The beta was actually fun, but I remember the night I picked this up, I played for about 20 minutes and then felt the need to turn it off.

Hoping the dlc makes this game fun. I mean I hate the idea of giving EA more money, but I really want to like this game.
>>
>>321279331
Honestly garbage is such an overused term to describe things nowadays
It's really well made but severely lacking in depth. It's good for a benchmark.
>>
>>321282982

>Hoping the dlc makes this game fun. I mean I hate the idea of giving EA more money, but I really want to like this game.

The real sad thing is: it'll never be enough anon. That's how games are made now, they are designed from inception with this in mind.

Not 'Here's a good product, if it's good enough would you like to buy some more later on?' Instead it's like a slot machine that will never pay out.
>>
>>321283117
>It's really well made but severely lacking in depth.

Pretty lacking in gameplay as well. So all you are really left with are some very expensive snow visuals
>>
>>321280689
A CoD clone with a Star Wars skin would have been better than the trash that appeared.
>>321283117
It's garbage. I played it for one hour in the open pre-order showcase and I was in disbelief the whole time, once I finally found out just how little gameplay there is I immediately quit playing.
>>
>>321279331
>not trusting /v/

You fucked up, senpai.
>>
It's very clear that the vast majority of the time just went into making an authentic, "immersive" star wars experience. They figured that good graphics and wilhelm screams were enough to keep casuals playing, fortunately they're not that braindead.
>>
They just need to balance the game a bit. Who gives a shit about more maps and space battles anyway? People play De_dust2 for god knows how many years now and they don't complain.

The thing that is bothering me is how there are so many things that instantly kill you. It has become so bad that most of the time I don't even die to the actual blasters (which all suck, feel to weak and the bullet travel is just shit) and only to star cards and vehicles.

Also the heroes/ vehicles (pickup) should be handled differently, which I find way too strong atm to be just a pickup. A game that did vehicles good IMO was halo.

I think these changes could make this game way better.
>>
>>321284769
>People play De_dust2 for god knows how many years now and they don't complain.
de_dust2 is a good map. Battlefront's maps are mostly all shit. You could get away with this by having a ton of shit maps, but if you're going to have only a handful, they better be fucking amazing. Sadly they aren't.

I agree with you on the heroes/vehicles thing. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make those item pickups should be shot.
>>
There just no depth to it and its unbalanced as fuck. The only reason i bought it is because i love Star Wars and lack the self control not to buy it.

Im a dirty fucking casual.
>>
Do people still play BF2 multiplayer? What's the best way to go about it?
>>
>>321286324
Gameranger.
>>
>>321279331
Thanks for the quality thread.
>>
>>321284769
>w-who cares about having more, I certainly don't w-want it!
>q-quality over quantity guys, right? Right?
>>
I actually enjoyed the beta and came close to preordering it. Luckily I waited until it was released to see how little content is actually in the game.
Also
>DLC shit costing more than the actual game
>>
>>321282982
Are you retarded? There's a thousand better ways to get your Star Wars fix. You don't need to force yourself to like a game literally designed for 6 year olds and their dad's wallets.
>>
>>321285263
Ye of course the more maps, the merrier i guess. But people are focussing on the wrong things imo. More maps isn't gonna make this game any better. Weapon customization isn't gonna make it any better. Flashy titles or icons or w/e ain't either.

The core of the game has to be good, otherwise the shit is just piling up and the smell ain't getting better either.
>>
>>321279331

>not being able to deduce the truth through all the shitposting

Got what you deserved, really.
>>
What needs to change/be added to make this better?
>>
>>321279331
What's even more hilarious is how much a few /v/irgins will defend to the grave that it totally isn't a Battlefield clone.
>>
>>321289838
Are you fucking stupid? This game has exactly one extremely simple vehicle, one "vehicle" that you cannot control, and a couple extremely simple aircrafts. How is this anything akin to Battlefield, even the garbage ones like Battlefield: The Heist? Fuck this game.
>>
>look back at what BF3 originaly looked
>realise Lucas fucked everything worse than EA

EA still can't be forgiven for this garbage but they don't deserve all the blame
>>
Was just considering buying this for almost half off. Saving my money.
>>
So after watching the new movie yesterday i feel like playing a actual good sw game. Is Battlefront 2 still active ?
>>
File: 7h7TM8y.png (856 KB, 900x1944) Image search: [Google]
7h7TM8y.png
856 KB, 900x1944
>>321286324
replying to myself with something I found in case anyone else needs it.
>>
>>321289838
You know what the fucking sad part is? A Battlefield clone would be an improvement.
>>
>>321290098
there were still people playing it on gameranger awhile back so its probably still populated
>>
>>321290000
Just because they took out a few mechanics doesn't take away from the fact it's LITERALLY BATTLEFIELD.

It's fucking battlefield.
>>
>>321290316
t. retard that hasn't played battlefield

Son, maybe you should pounce on BF4 when it goes on sale again. You clearly don't know what you're missing if you think Battlefront is at all similar.
>>
>>321290316
Squad tactics and teamwork doesn't even exist for the most part, those fucking tokens makes it more of a "run around alone and do whatever the fuck" game, more like CoD than anything, but vastly worse than CoD, and there are barely any maps or variety. How can this even qualify as a Battlefield game? At least Battlefield games have things in them sometimes, even Battlefield: The Heist was WAY BETTER than this piece of shit called Battlefront, and that's saying something because Battlefield: The Heist was utter trash.
>>
>>321290540
It's a FPS on Frostbite. The guy is right, it's just Battlefield.

Don't delude yourself into thinking DICE actually made something different for a change.
>>
Somewhere out there

There is a dev hardrive that has a 99 percent complete Battlefront 3
>>
>>321289719
Proper single player stuff like galactic conquest.
Better variety of maps, rock/snow/sand is just lame when you have options like Mustafar and Felucia
>>
>>321291280
Don't remind me.
>>
>>321291173
>it's just Battlefield.
No, it is not Battlefield. If it was Battlefield it would be much better than what it is.

You haven't even played Battlefield though, you are just being a memelord and repeating what you heard others say.
>>
>>321290316
>>321291173
No you idiot, it's worse than battlefield, it's like they stripped down battlefield to its absolute basics then printed a thin layer of star wars over it.
>>
>>321291280
here's hoping it didn't get put in a trash compactor.
>>
File: 1447071373237.jpg (16 KB, 353x467) Image search: [Google]
1447071373237.jpg
16 KB, 353x467
>have perfect blueprint to work from with Battlefront 2
>somehow fuck it up
>>
>>321291563
>>321291642
It's Battlefield without what makes Battlefield. Guess what? Still Battlefield.

>Battlefield requires squad and team based tactics

Don't make me laugh, if you want to lone-wolf you can absolutely do just that. Played Battlefield 3 since launch without skipping a day.
>>
>>321285263
>de_dust2 is a good map
Stopped reading there. People only tolerate these stale maps because they deem them "classic".
>>
They need to add more factions. Rebels are lame as fuck seriously, I hated using them in the original Battlefront games.
>>
fucking EA and their shitty servers
holy fuck
>>
>>321291873
>It's Battlefield without what makes Battlefield. Guess what? Still Battlefield.
How? Sounds like you can't give a single reason besides "i-i-i-iiits on Frostbite therefore it's Battlefield!"

It's on Origin it's TITANFA- no, it's the SIMS!
>>
>there will never be another good Star Wars game
Why even live
>>
>>321279331
Game is fucking 35.99 EUR on Origin right now

EA can't even deny it now, this game is selling like dogshit
>>
>>321292139
RIP LucasArts.
>>
Reminder that EA has the Star Wars license for 10 years.

TEN YEARS
E
N

Y
E
A
R
S
>>
Should I try selling my code for Battlefront or just keep it? If I could make about 30 bucks off of it that would almost pay for another PS4 game that is actually good.
>>
>>321290114
Protip: mods are unnecessary
>>
>>321292035
Again, it's a FPS on Frostbite made by Dice.

>they took out mechanics from Battlefield, that means it's a different game!
>>
>>321292231
are they bad?
>>
>>321282982
>Hoping the dlc makes this game fun
That's what EA wants you to think.

Each one will just be 20 minutes of new map, then it'll be same old shit
>>
Game was rushed thanks to Disney. Now they expect you to pay $110 plus tip for an incomplete title.
>>
>>321292265
Nobody but 4chan plays with those exact mods.
>>
>>321291873
>It's Battlefield without what makes Battlefield.

So it isn't Battlefield....

I have 1400hrs in BF3 and 500 in BF4.
Battlefront is nothing like Battlefront appart from being on Frosbite 3 the same as BF4.

Gameplay wise they are nothing alike. Stop talking shit about games you have not played repeating shit you heard other people say.
>>
>>321292258
This is the worst argument I've ever heard. Is COD a quake clone since it's on the quake engine?

Battlefront would have been better if they just copied Battlefield but they didnt.
>>
>>321292258
By your logic Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the same games too
>>
>>321291873
>It's Battlefield without what makes Battlefield. Guess what? Still Battlefield.
By that logic, it really isn't.
>>
>>321292352
are they good?
>>
>>321292545
Best to start with the original game, play the mods if you want something extra. They make multiplayer better but I'm divided on some aspects of player vs bots that they use.
>>
>>321279331
/v/ shitposts so much it's hard to tell when they're actually right. In this case, they actually were.
>>
>>321292418
Holy fuck, they are the same games.

>>321292403
COD is COD, quake is quake.
>>
>>321292695
/v/ is pretty spot on for the most part.
>>
>>321292539
Even taking away all the vehicles, squad mechanics, etc from Battlefield... the gunplay is totally different.
>>
File: SUDAAAAAAAA.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1060) Image search: [Google]
SUDAAAAAAAA.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1060
>>321291859
same
>>
>>321292724
>Holy fuck, they are the same games
Ok, come on, you gotta be fucking with us at this point. You can't honestly believe what you're saying can you? Oh fuck on second thought, don't answer that, I don't wanna know.
>>
>>321292763
>Even taking away all the vehicles, squad mechanics, etc from Battlefield... the gunplay is totally different.
you wot m8?
>>
>>321292724
Also, HoTS, Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are also the same games

Can you fuck off to some social media site where you can be a contrarian or a faggot troll without looking dumber than the rest or do you really want to stick around here
>>
>>321292693
I did play the original game some years ago, just assumed that the mods listed are something like a definitive list. Guess I'll try them one by one and see what I like.
>>
>>321292864
>Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are two completely different games, I swear guys!

>DICE totally made a BRAND NEW game using NOTHING from Battlefield! It's a brand new engine we swear!
>>
>>321292952
Have you even played either ST:Battlefront or ANY Battlefield game?
>>
>>321293142
>Vehicles are not pick ups
>Squad "Mechanics" AKA mobile spawn points aren't a thing anymore
>etc because I couldn't think of anything else
>gunplay is different

Go to sleep, EA.
>>
>>321293243
are pickups*
>>
>>321293104
Game =/= Engine

It's like saying that taking the engine from one car and putting it into another automatically makes them the same car.

It's like saying Lasagna and Pasta is the same thing because they have the same ingredients.
>>
>>321293104
>Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are two completely different games, I swear guys!

All 4 games I listed use the same engine
3 of them were made by Bethesda, New Vegas by Obsidian with Bethesda's cooperation

Don't nitpick now you retard

>DICE totally made a BRAND NEW game using NOTHING from Battlefield! It's a brand new engine we swear!

People are saying that it's not Battlefield: Star Wars Boogaloo because it it was it'd be a better game

Nor that it's a brand new revolutionary game with absolutely no similarity to the Battlefield series
>>
>>321283652
CoD is better than Battlefield so yeah.
>>
>>321279417
>Beyond the visuals, which are godly, there's literally nothing there. It's so sad
Welcome to modern vidya gaymes.
>>
>>321293142
>ST:Battlefront
they have a star trek battlefront now? that's kinda cool.

But to answer your question, yes I've played every battlefield game at one time or another and the new battlefront game is completely different, it feels as if somebody stripped some core elements and then forgot to put them back in, the result is a game that has no direction and nothing really going for it aside from the fact that the snow looks nice.
>>
>>321293325
>It's like saying that taking the engine from one car and putting it into another automatically makes them the same car

That would make it the same car because a car is nothing but an engine with a shell around it so you can sit comfortably.

And yes, pasta and tomato sauce is still pasta and tomato sauce no matter how many names you stick onto it. Might be presented differently with a little variation, still the same thing.
>>
>>321293416
Irrelevant, calling BattleEAfront a Battlefield clone is incredibly generous.
>>
>>321293104
DA:I uses Frisbite 3, a couple of the NFS games use Frosbite 3 as well as a few other games. Mass Effect 4 and Mirrors Edge 2 will also be on Frosbite 3,I guess they are all Battlefield games as well.

All the games that are on Frosbite 2 must also be Battlefield games as well.
>>
>>321293325
>Super Mario World with jumping taken out makes it a completely different game
>>
>>321293104
The only things 2015 Battlefront has with Battlefield are the engines and some game modes

Guns have no recoil, and fire in a cone
no hipfire malus
TK lower than Battlefield 4
Progression is currency based with cosmetics tied to level ups
Most of the game changers (vehicles, AT weapons, heroes)are pickups randomly distributed throughout the map
no squad, no VOIP¨, no commo rose

kill yourself
>>
DICE's Battlefront is to battlefront 2 what BF3 is to BF2

>unwanted mode(s) shifted focus from the old core
>fewer factions
>shitty, worse balanced equipment
>frostbite engine, aka no mods allowed
>made for a different audience and no respect or regard for fans of the 2005 title regarded as a classic.
>skipped old core features (squad VOIP from BF2, GC from Bfront2)
>>
File: e11-blaster-166-p.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
e11-blaster-166-p.jpg
88 KB, 1000x1000
Weren't battlefront 1 & 2 still battlefield clones too, just well executed?
>>
>>321293531
>Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge are multiplayer FPS
>>
>>321293654
I must have missed the 10+ year gap between 2 and 3
>>
>>321293613
Just fuck off retard.
>>
>>321293613
>I can't make a decent analogy so I'll make a dumb one so you get mad
>>
>>321293756
Did you finally understand how right I am?
>>
Memes: the thread
>>
>>321293681
They were, the point is that Battlefront would be an actually better game if they hadn't stripped away the core mechanics of Battlefield games for the sake of every 7-year-old retard who wants to shoot stormtroopers because they watched TFA in the cinemas with their autistic parents
>>
>>321293825
nah you're just baiting, don't let the door hit you on your way out
>>
>>321293681
In a very basic sense. It has a similar core concept, but the gameplay was very different.
>>
>>321293880
I've already explained why I'm right and why you're wrong. No need to get this upset.
>>
>>321293681
pretty much, they did a bit of their own thing too. Lasers had a bit of travel time which shook the formula up something major but the best thing they did was implement the formula well into the star wars universe and allowing for additions that make sense in the setting.
>>
>>321293936
here's your answer
>>
>>321293681
While based on the Battlefield idea, they had some serious differences. Battlefront was a little more arcadey and "balanced". Each class had a role to play on the battlefield and if you wanted to just kill shit you should pick a regular trooper.
>>
>>321293825
>right
But you aren't, you haven't even played the games you are talking complete shit about. All you are doing is posting epic memes you saw other retards post thinking you are fitting in on an anonymous image board.

I've been playing Battlefeild 3 for 4 years and Battlefield 4 for 2 years. Apart from being on the same engine they are nothing alike.

You keep posting your epic memes tryinf to fit in on an anonymous image board though.
>>
>>321293681
No they were actually their own games with different mechanics
>rolling
>med droids & ammo droids
>distinctive classes that did not copy Battlefield
>jetpacks
>space combat was different

The problem is that this Battlefront uses the same engine & code as other Battlefield games, so it's way too similar and has limitations in its maps & shit so it cant play like the original Battlefronts
>>
>>321294086
It's ok anon, the rest of us know you're right. you can let it go.
>>
>>321292197
I might have actually picked it up for 50% off, too.
>>
File: Kill me now.png (238 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
Kill me now.png
238 KB, 420x420
>I was so worried that it was going to be a Battlefield skin
>mfw that would've been so much better
>>
File: star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-apk.jpg (121 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-apk.jpg
121 KB, 1280x800
>>321292197
It's selling like dogshit compared to AAA titles *maybe* but not compared to your average game. It's doing about as well as they thought it would do. Both EA and Disney are playing it safe by trying to appeal to the widest possible demographic, which translates into hardcore games (i.e., neck-bearded virgins) hating them passionately.

It's not as deep as it could be, but it does a good job at putting people into scenarios where they feel like they're in the Star Wars universe. Personally, that's enough for me. If I want a *real* shooter, I'll go play a real shooter.

Not everything EA makes is shit. Pic related...
>>
>>321294086
>Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 are nothing alike.

Simply epic.
>>
Even EA fuckboi youtubers are bored of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPkf1_MGvY
>>
>>321293507
You're the kind of autistic faggot I wouldn't mind seeing shoved into a locker you're so goddamn stupid.
>>
>>321294348
>being this retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 750x600
>>321293683
Fuck off, the retarded anon says engine = game. This anon countered his retardedness correctly, if his logic is engine = game then all games made with that engine is the same game.
He keeps spouting that as his retard logic.
Battlefront: WE EA NOW is nothing like any shooter, because it is probably one of THE most barebone and lackluster FPSes ever made by a AAA dev. Hell I'm sure people would defend Evolve or Titanfall more than this barebones, dlc ridden junk.
>>
>>321294309
meh, i second this. I knew exactly what i was getting into when i got this. For like 40 minutes, i can hear the firing of blasters, shout about rebel scum and maybe kill or be killed by a shit Vader or Luke.

If it want a "real" shooter, i have other games i can go to.
>>
>>321294348
BF3 was BC3
BF4 is closer to BF2 feature wise, and is in much better shape under Dice LA's care
>>
>>321292197
> this game is selling like dogshit

It is now but they probably sold as much as they needed to in the first couple weeks.
>>
So even with the boxing day deals, it's not worth it...?
>>
>>321293507
>Transmission doesn't matter
>Wheel size and base doesn't matter
>Steering doesn't matter
>Brakes don't matter
>Weight doesn't matter
>All cars and trucks are exactly the same except for the engine.
>>
>>321294309
I don't think you should be considered a neck-bearded virgin for believing that the game, with only the atmosphere and graphics, should be as pricy as it is with the Season Pass included.

I could buy 6 copies of it and not skip a meal or pay the bills, but I still consider it a rip-off. If the target demographic is fine with EA milking the brand in such a way, good for them, but you can't just label thinking otherwise as merely the "Hardcore" nerds who play videogames like it's a religious activity
>>
>>321292197
I hear it's doing pretty well on the XBoner.
>>
>>321294374
>"start running out of things to maybe accomplish in this game"
If you determine your self worth by your accomplishments in video games, your life is already meaningless. Video games are entertainment and sometimes serve as a good source of escapism. Trophies, achievements, unlocks, whatever, should be (but aren't) given way less emphasis so people don't struggle with this concept so much.
>>
>>321294687
Try watching the whole video and actually listening to what he says.
>>
File: 1.png (17 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
1.png
17 KB, 239x200
>WANT TO PLAY BETA
>GRAPHICS CARD NOT GOOD ENOUGH
>BUY GRAHPICS CARD
>BETA IS OVER BY TIME IT SHIPS TO ME
>>
>>321293507
>a car is nothing but an engine with a shell around it so you can sit comfortably
One of the dumbest things I've read all day.
>>
Battlefront 2 is 3 euros on steam.. should i take it? Unofficial servers still have 40 people inside
>>
>>321294623
I don't own the the game on any console, I can't tell.

What I'm pretty sure of is that with the DLC Dice is doing the same infuriating shit regarding matchmaking. Everyone who have specific DLC maps (or none of them) get moved into separate pools. It's a practice they had in BF3 or 4 and it's the same in Battlefront. It's hideously Jewish and bad.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.