[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play sm4sh for the first time >even match with almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Sf4-rose.jpg (54 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Sf4-rose.jpg
54 KB, 750x422
>play sm4sh for the first time
>even match with almost everyone i face

>play USF4 for the first time
>get my shit handed to me in my mouth by literally everyone

Why is this smash bros? Can you sf4 players give me some tips on getting better?
>>
Just wait for SFV blood
>>
>>321272079
except 5 is kinda easy mode baby shit...
>tfw i just want a new technical fighter
>>
File: Pau-Gasol.png (172 KB, 480x310) Image search: [Google]
Pau-Gasol.png
172 KB, 480x310
Start with an actually fun fighting game that isn't slow as shit, like Blazblue or Guilty Gear.
>>
>>321272030

Start with Ryu. He's your tour guide. You can experience all of the mechanics of the game through him as well as have a neutral chance against almost every character in the game.

While playing as him, notice what you like about using him, what you don't like, and who you fight that looks like may be fun. Begin branching from there, repeating the process.

You learn more by losing than you do by winning. Don't get discouraged.
>>
>smash fag realizing how easy smash is

Never gets old
>>
>>321272197
>slow as shit that is some serious implications
>>
>>321272162
SF5 isn't baby shit. It just sticks to what Street Fighter is good at.

They have other games if you want technical shit, but if you arent good enough to play SF5, you certainly aren't good enough for Guilty Gear Xrd, and you most definately aren't good enough for Virtua Figher.

Maybe you should try Tekken 7 when that comes out, or KOF XIV. Those are easy enough that you can get into them, but technical enough that you'll feel satisfied.
>>
Do what this guy does

https://youtu.be/i5xs1lkcMlI?t=10m10s
>>
>>321272030
StreetFighter is real easy once you get the hang of it.
It's not like Smash where you can go in there and start throwing attacks.

You have to think hard, what your next move is going to be.
StreetFighter is more of a mind game, read your opponent like a book, and victory is yours.
>>
Because smash takes next to no skill to play which is why it's on a baby console
>>
>>321272957
>found and watched this same video after picking up Street Fighter and fighting games in general.
I'm still shit but at least I know what I'm doing and understand the games a bit more. This video made switching from Smash a lot easier.
>>
File: Tatsunoko vs Capcom girls.jpg (735 KB, 1120x1600) Image search: [Google]
Tatsunoko vs Capcom girls.jpg
735 KB, 1120x1600
>>321273237
>Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Man, I miss that game.
>>
>>321272030
both are bad games, play project m and ggxrd instead
>>
>>321272162

SFV is actually more close and loyal to classic fighting games than SF4 is.

There is a strange misconception that old arcade games where hard to get into, but Older street fighters, King of fighters, breakers revenge, samurai showdown, darkstalkers and many others are actually much more accessible than Street fighter "1 frame input buffers" 4.

Its a shame its considered "the fighting game of our times" just for its popularity.
>>
Stay out of ranked matches. Most players have been playing SF4 for a long time at this point. Try to find someone in a lobby around your skill level and play against them.
>>
>>321273478

NEW KATOU JUN WORK SOON

MELONBOOKS JUST NOTICED ME MY ORDER OF KOUSHOKU SHONEN VOL.6 GOT SHIPPED JUST NOW (there is 23 pages of katou jun in it)
>>
>>321272030
Smash is fairly shallow and simple to pick up.
As for getting better I'd say the two biggest aspects to getting good at SF is knowledge and experience. learning about the game outside of actually playing it helps a lot.

>>321273675
>Xrd
>good

Air dashing anime kusage. Why am I not surprised that youre also a smash fag
>>
>>321272214
>no charge moves
>no target combos
>no command grab
>>
File: Beerdude.jpg (9 KB, 80x102) Image search: [Google]
Beerdude.jpg
9 KB, 80x102
I can never get the hang of Street fighter. I believe im just too impatient to actually do anything worthwhile in SF. In Smash i can just run in and do any fucking thing,and still do good, and then i have so much room to fuck around with.

In SF its like I just cant operate. like I have to take into account what the enemy can do,what he's likely going to do,and all this while being in a rather confined space. Doesnt help not every move links into each other, so i gotta work around that. if that makes sense.

All i see is my health going down and some guy who somehow is able to chain together moves like nothing.
>>
>>321274268
They just understand the mechanics better than you do. If you sit down for a bit to learn how to play the game, figure out what works/doesn't work, etc, you'll find yourself in their position soon enough. A regular/actual fighting game isn't something you can just pick up and play if you're new to fighters, you're kind of expected to struggle for a few months before you can say you're somewhere close to good.
>>
>>321274268
>All i see is my health going down and some guy who somehow is able to chain together moves like nothing.

It's called years of getting good
You should really just learn the basics.
No one becomes a pro over night.
>>
>>321274095

Command grabs and target combos work as variants of tools every character has in some way. I'll give you charge moves, though.
>>
I need you hakan
>>
>>321273964
AC+R and Melty Blood are indeed better than xrd but really now? SF4 is some ultra defensive vortex trash nobody would play if it wasn't named SF and SFV is some dumbed down shit.
>>
>>321274268

Play defensively until you can play aggressively. Find one or two good buttons and a basic combo to do with them and wait for your opponent to fuck up. Focus on responding, not advancing.
>>
Daily reminder that smash is a containment game, especially competitive smash.
Daily reminder that Virtua fighter is the only fighter worth playing
>>
>>321275393
you do realize that only a few characters ever actually had a good vortex game, right? Oh that's right.. You're full of shit.
>>
File: 34.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
34.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>321275840
>this game no one cares about anymore and you cant make money off in tournaments is the only fighter worth playing
>>
Hijacking thread, how much Project Meme knowledge can I apply to SF?
>>
>>321276249
play lucario (if you can bear him being furry shit) and you'll have easier time transitioning to good fighters, as in not sf
>>
File: A-Team.jpg (1 MB, 2310x4818) Image search: [Google]
A-Team.jpg
1 MB, 2310x4818
Maybe I should give SF another try. I've played mostly Arc System fighters, couple generic animefighters and Smash. I don't care for memorising combosm but I really enjoy mindgames.

I usually main grapplers and heavy-hitters like Potemkin, Tager, Ganondorf and the like.
>>
>>321272030
something something footsies something something bread and butter combos something something frame traps
>>
>>321276679
>I usually main grapplers and heavy-hitters
SFV Zangief is pretty fucking crazy right now. If grabs and mind games is what you love SFV Gief is all about hard reads for big ass damage.
>>
>>321276249
haha pretty much nothing
dont get hit i guess
dont whiff attacks
>>
>>321272030
>Why is this smash bros?
But that's SF4 anon
>>
>>321272030
>>even match with almost everyone i face

Looks like you finally realized just how shallow the gameplay for Smash 4 is.
>>
>>321276834
You mean big crotch damage?
>>
>>321272880
KOF XIV is supposed to be easy?
KOF XIII was technical as fuck.
>>
>>321272162
Shut the fuck up, you come here asking for tips on how to get better meaning you don't know shit about the game, then you proceed to make this kind of statement ?
You're what's killing this board, the whole parroting thing without knowing a damn shit about the subject.

And to answer your question just fucking block and punish accordingly
>>
>>321272030
Basically learn stuff with Ryu, don't try to go for combos just yet and put restrictions on yourself like not mashing, jumping too much or any other bad habits etc and use focus for when your being zoned out so you get the hang of it before you start to get fancy
>>
>>321277541
I didnt post that. Good job getting trolled though
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.