[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What mods do you consider essential for new vegas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: original[1].jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
original[1].jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
What mods do you consider essential for new vegas?
>>
WMX
Weapon Mod Menu
EVE
jsawyer/vicious wastes
NMC's Texture pack
>>
Any mods good for a kill everything run? I am trying the Warhammer conversion, want to know if anything else complements it.
>>
fuck idk i just downloaded the top 10 on the new vegas thing. didn't think any hindered my play.
>>
JSawyer
Stutter Remover
Anti-Crash
YUP+ YUP-JSawyer compatability patch
Delay DLC+Gun Runners Arsenal Integration

Ulysses Companion Mod
>>
>>321270362
Vicious Wastes
>>
NV Uncut: Outside Bets

>Since the original retail version of the game, successive official patches to fix bugs have also removed a large number of unimportant NPCs primarily to keep console saved game and memory issues to a minimum.
>>
>>321270362
>>321270362
when you get bored of new vegas try Dust, its pretty cool but you need the mod to make tunnelers not fucking ominiscient
>>
>>321270362
Project Nevada
>>
>>321270362
Fallout 4.
>>
>>321272969
Outside Bets is glitchy as fuck though.
>>
>>321270362
NV has no essential mods really

its absolutely great vanilla

it does however have some very good mods

some people also consider JSawyer an actual patch rather than a mod
>>
Darnified UI is about the only thing I really need, rest I can do without.
>>
>>321273345
Really what's glitchy about it? I have it and I use a toaster, so I'm not sure how much of the problems I have are attributed to it.

>>321273495
>Anti-Crash (admittedly only for toasters)
>Stutter Removal
>YUP
>Not essential

Crazy.
>>
Nude mode
Super Skimpy Female Clothing Mod
>>
>>321274664
I dont use any of this poorly implemented crap and I havent experienced any problems in years
>>
>>321274674
>no Sexout
You're one of those "plebs" I keep hearing about, then
>>
>>321274762
i had a lot of mods, I can't remember them all

I don't think I had a sex mod, though. I think I crossed paths with a few but their animations were shitty
>>
>>321274664
Sheriff Meyers speech is completely broken, House's eulogy repeats infinitely, some items in the game are removed that weren't originally, like the counter in Mick and Ralph's.

Also Anti-Crash is essential on high end PCs too.
>>
>>321274753
You don't even know what they do, and yet you are claiming you experienced any problems? So your NV somehow magically fixes all the bugs in the existing vanilla game and restores cut content?

It's like you're telling us you play it on a console or something.
>>
>>321274818
sex mod was retarded since youd lose endurance and intelligence if you hadnt had sex for a certain amount of time. i get what they were implying but it ruins RP when i have to get blowjobs from veronica just so i can pass a skillcheck
>>
>>321274890
>You don't even know what they do, and yet you are claiming you experienced any problems?

but I do know what they do, I've tried everything over the years and concluded that they are useless

I dont even use the 4GB exe

>So your NV somehow magically fixes all the bugs in the existing vanilla game and restores cut content?

Using the Ultimate version, pirated of course

Tell me what bugs you speak of

Also you should read more closely what the ''restored'' content mods do.

Faggot accidentally deleted some stuff
>>
>>321274884
>Sheriff Meyers speech is completely broken

Which one? The one when he is made Sheriff and gets a bunch of guys to bring Law back to Primm? That worked fine for me though I though it was weird my party got teleported out in the middle of nowhere for a moment then back.

No idea about House's eulogy I haven't gone that far since installing Outside Bets I have the chronic problem of always wanting to make more builds.

The counter in Mick and Ralphs is still there for me. You're talking about the one in front of Ralph right? Cause Mick is always near the corner next to his hidden stash I don't see no counter there.
>>
>>321275065
Do you want me to direct you to the readme or can you do it yourself? Why should I give you specific examples when you won't do that yourself?
>>
>>321275065
>.
this key exists, use it instead of the big one next to it. no not that big one
>>
JSawyer
Project Nevada. I think the optional slo-mo (which affects both you an enemies unlike Turbo chem) flows more naturally than constantly switching between real-time and pausing for VATS and its cinematic finishers
FNV4GB
YUP
>>
>>321275074
I haven't used it in while, but IIRC there is a an AI packet in Meyers that, when the speech is done at night, causes him to go to bed and the scene to never finish.
>>
>>321275135
If you cant even think of one or two on the top of your head then they dont matter anyway.
>>
>>321275276
I do remember doing that part at day, I will try next time at night.

>>321275320
Are you retarded or do you not realize how much of a hypocrite you are? No one's going to spoon feed your ass when you make shit up.
>>
>>321275065

Are you fucking retarded

>hurr I've literally never run into a bug in vanilla NV, it's all in your head! Totally doesn't crash and the quests don't bug for no reason :^)
>>
Uninstall.exe
>>
>>321275425
>muh secret mod club

Spoonfeed what?

The game I played non stop since its release?

The modding sites everyone and their mother know about?

You /a/utists really are hard to adjust to new boards. Cant blame you.

>>321275559
>have no problems
>YOU FUCKING RETARDED WHYYYYY

ok

dont know what to tell you mate, works on my machine!
>>
>>321275320
Not him, but off the top of my head YUP fixes the broken Keller perception check, geometry glitches in Nipton town hall, a texture error and distribution error on the t-45d power armor and a glitch in the E-DE quest where the brotherhood knight would use a placeholder voice file instead of the finished one.
>>
I like using a world of pain because it adds a fuckton of new dungeons to the game
>>
>>321275657
>secret mod club
>literally in NV generals
>only faggot in the 4 years to keep shit posting about how vanilla NV works perfectly fine no fixes needed
>secret mod club

You are projecting your crossboarding from /a/ way too easily weeb. Stop acting like a dindu nuffin and either give some real examples before you ask for examples otherwise fuck off.

Why should I take your word for it without proof when you can't take mine? Are you some inbred trailer trash that thinks your words are law?
>>
>>321275724
He probably never even realized those were problems, so naturally it's no big deal for someone who sticks their head in their ass.
>>
>>321275914
>Stop acting like a dindu nuffin and either give some real examples before you ask for examples otherwise fuck off.

Are you bipolar? I was the one who asked for examples of why you need these mods.

And I only got insults.

>NV generals

treacherous hive of scum and villainy
>>
>>321275724
>placeholder voice file
That shit was spooky the first time it happened
>>
>>321276078
I know. I expected Yuri Lowenthal to start speaking, but out came this schizophrenic sounding Mexican.
>>
>>321275657

>literally thousands of people everywhere pointing out all the bugs and performance problems with NV because Bethesda and their shit tier engine
>lol works for me guys! don't go and get these things that will make your life easier, take my word for it against those other thousands of people that say otherwise :^)

I sure wonder who's the retard here
>>
>>321276050
>I was the one who asked for examples of why you need these mods.

Are you retarded? I was the one who asked you for examples of what those mods fucked up and 'removed' or didn't do anything.

Everyone understands those mods are useful, only YOU the trivial minority shit poster dares to claim they are useless. Why the fuck should the world revolve around your nigger ass?

>treacherous hive of scum and villainy

You can always go back to Todd threads, nobody wants to discuss NV with someone who can't even find broken shit in their vanilla game while claiming they've played it for YEARS.
>>
>>321276301
Holy shit you sure are mad son

Actually no, kids these days install mods because it became ''something you have to do''. Rather to counter specific problems or to tailor their experience.

I've met faggots who installed every mod on the Skyrim weekly mods series ''because it got on a video''.

He sounded a lot like you.

To answer your question go read the comments of the mods you blindly install.

And are you seriously implying the /vg/ NV General is good?

I'm biting the bait like a madman aren't I?
>>
>>321276639

Not him but you must be absolutely fucking retarded not to realize how big of a hypocrite you are

>kids these days install mods because it became ''something you have to do''. Rather to counter specific problems or to tailor their experience.

Says the kid who can't fathom the idea of installing files that literally fix the game
>>
>>321276725
My whole point is '' It doesnt need any more fixing''

Why is it so hard to understand that some people dont give a shit for a few minor issues?

The current vanilla has 0 game breaking bugs.
>>
>>321276824
Okay shit poster, now leave and play your imaginary faultless NV.
>>
>>321276824

>bug where your autosave becomes corrupted and you can't use it anymore
>bug where the game gets infinite loading screens and then crashes
>bug where the game runs out of memory and it crashes
>bug where you can't continue your game so you have to start a new game and then load up your save
>dozens of bugs that break quests
>stutter in areas due to the presence of thousands of tiny rocks and dust particles that you never even see but the game has to render

Sure, 0 game breaking bugs. Go throw yourself off a cliff
>>
File: 1450896480904.jpg (312 KB, 1000x801) Image search: [Google]
1450896480904.jpg
312 KB, 1000x801
>>321270362
None of them. In fact, most of them are terrible. Jsawyer.esp is fine though
>>
bestiality mods
>>
>>321274962
>BJs
That's a bad thing why?
>>
>>321276986
>bug where your autosave becomes corrupted and you can't use it anymore

fixed

>bug where the game gets infinite loading screens and then crashes

never happened to me even on day 1

>bug where you can't continue your game so you have to start a new game and then load up your save

oh noes! I have to load! what a bummer!

>dozens of bugs that break quests

literally fixable by reloading

>stutter in areas due to the presence of thousands of tiny rocks and dust particles that you never even see but the game has to render

What the fuck are you using? AMD? In that case you deserve it.
>>
>>321270362
Unless another mod does the same, there's a mod called "iron sight fix"

No more Kentucky windage.
>>
>>321277230
>oh noes! I have to load! what a bummer

Alright I got I got it, charades over I got it now.

Your real name is: Anthony Burch.
>>
>>321277230
Haha dude lemme reload this Keller perception checkl, oh wait they coded it wrong oh well lemme just not get the fix lol
>>
>>321277636
No anon you got it wrong, in his game it's not even bugged. It's just perfectly working, like if the patch were applied.
>>
>>321275559
Cmon you cant blame Beth on everything. 4GB patches and anti stutter should have been fixed fixed by Obsidian since there's mods for that even before release.
>>
>>321276824
This is just false.
>>
>>321278720
I don't think anyone gives credit to Obsidian when it comes to programming or whatever. They just enjoy Obsidian's will to aim for a large scope and their decent story telling, mainly attention to detail. Even going as far back as KOTOR 2 Obsidian was known to be dog shit for their technical skills, though Bethesda wasn't any better obviously.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.