[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a Zelda title with a better musical score than Twilight Princess.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
File: 1401035906941.jpg (89 KB, 600x814) Image search: [Google]
1401035906941.jpg
89 KB, 600x814
Name a Zelda title with a better musical score than Twilight Princess.
>>
name a zelda game that isnt kiddy garbage

you cannot
>>
File: 1 (2).gif (172 KB, 255x144) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).gif
172 KB, 255x144
>>321268006
>>
Why are you trying to provoke more TP basing, OP? It gets enough hate as is.
>>
All of them.
>>
>>321267867
TP had some damn good music
>>
>>321267867

Uh...almost all of them? Twilight Princess has the most forgettable music aside from a couple Midna songs.
>>
>>321267867
You cannot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlkIUmn5USg
>>
>>321268006
Link stabs ganondorf in the face and kills him how is that kiddy garbage.
>>
File: america.gif (997 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
america.gif
997 KB, 500x277
Undertale
>>
OoT
MM
WW

All have soundtracks legitimately more memorable.
>>
OoT because everyone knows at least a few of the Ocarina songs by heart. That said, it's admittedly harder to come up with a Zelda with a more functional OST than TP. Aside from the orchestral themes for trailers and Midna's Desperate Hour, there's not a lot that actively stands out about TP's OST, but considering the game's generally dreary and melancholic tone an understated OST like TP's actually fits very well in context. It just kinda meanders about a bit when taken out of context though.
>>
Twilight Princess is literally the best Zelda title, and its a shame it will be the last serious Zelda title with the rainbow vomit of colourful trash being thrown up now.
>>
File: 1437096815881.jpg (86 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1437096815881.jpg
86 KB, 600x860
>>321267867
You wish you were this desu senpai
>>
>>321268006
(you)
>>
>>321268006

If you're being any kind of serious, the NES games.
>>
>>321268376
>not a lot that actively stands out

did you forget about the fucking inexplicable cowboy ghost town out of nowhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgnKbFSySfk
>>
>>321267867
well tp has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftwtOQ1EpnI

and majoras mask has
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_NK5HgR6Q/
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
Fact: Anything Twilight Proncess does, Wind Waker does better

Visuals
Music
Gameplay
Story
Enjoyability

You can not debate this.
>>
>>321268684
Midna.
>>
>>321268684
>visuals

lmao senpai
>>
>>321268741
Midna was a one-off character who only appealed to waifufags. She will never appear in another title that isn't a spinoff like HW.
>>
File: 1432927754879.png (64 KB, 1133x848) Image search: [Google]
1432927754879.png
64 KB, 1133x848
>>321267867

The Legend of Zelda
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker

Maybe Twilight could surpass Phantom, Spirit and Skyward Sword. But it's basically saying one forgettable OST is better than another forgettable OST. I honestly can't remember any music from any of those games except the fucking annoying mini game music in Twilight.

tl;dr: Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time are the pinnacle of how game music should be. Twilight Princess was forgettable background music.
>>
I was just thinking in the shower that it feels like I only just played TP, but I haven't played it since 2007. Guess I should replay it, all my opinions on it are outdated.
>>
File: 1412493324859.jpg (71 KB, 350x620) Image search: [Google]
1412493324859.jpg
71 KB, 350x620
>>321268741

Not a good example since Midna is pretty much the only good thing Twilight Princess did. But it was also the focus on her (and the story) which caused the rest of the game to be lackluster.

Skyward Sword improved on all the gameplay, design and combat that Twilight Princess sucked at. Ironically, the one thing Skyward Sword did worse was Fi.
>>
>>321269029
I keep forgetting a lot of people only played TP on the wii
>>
File: zeldaboobsd.jpg (399 KB, 1120x630) Image search: [Google]
zeldaboobsd.jpg
399 KB, 1120x630
>>321269581

I'd like to bump something if you know what I mean.
>>
TP has some great music. BUT THEY"RE ALL THE SAME FUCKING SONG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHoPxAfy_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr338YlKD94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCmo32GpTm4
>>
>>321269762

Trust me. I know what you mean

>>321268264

Good score
>>
>>321268741
>Liking Midna over the bro-tier KING OF RED LIONS

Kill yourself tripfaggot.
>>
>>321269840

This is the number one reason I rage when people obsess over Final Fantasy X. Its the same 4 songs remixed a dozen times.
>>
>>321268006
LOZ
AOL
OoT
MM
>>
>>321269840
They're called "arrangements", plebian philistine
>>
>>321268684

>Combat mechanics

WW was basically OoT with a few QTE finishers. TP took those QTE finishers and turned them into freely usable techniques, and then proceeded to expand further on that notion with techniques like the mortal draw, shield attack, and the charged jump attack. Also, you can now swing while running and on horseback.

>Dungeons

Not even a contest. WW is best when exploring its ocean but the dungeons are slightly lackluster by the series' standards. TP, on the other hand, excels at compelling dungeon design consistently. It'd be just as unfair of a fight if I tried to compare TP's sidequesting to WW's - each game has its fundamental strengths and weaknesses.

>Pacing

This one's a bit of a Special Olympics race since they're both kinda fucked in this regard but while TP does have its misgivings in this department I'd rather go through its slow beginning and Dominion Rod filler quest than the Triforce quest or ever so much as look at Forbidden Fortress again. Also, traversing TP's world is more fun than WW's sailing but that's just me.
>>
>>321270216

>TP, on the other hand, excels at compelling dungeon design consistently.
Longer dungeons doesn't make them better. The Water Temple and Ice Mansion are some of the worst dungeons in Zelda history. Yet they're the ones TP fans obsess the most over.

The Ice Mansion is fucking three sliding block puzzles. How the fuck can anyone defend that as GOOD? Do you people also defend the crappy memory puzzle outside of the Master Sword Grotto?

Twilight Princess was filler: the game.
>>
>>321269840
field is good but i wish the other 2 had their own theme
>>
>>321270216
TP dungeons were too simple and streamlined. While WW dungeons were too few they contained decent mechanics and combat encounters.
>>
File: 1447295490256.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1447295490256.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>321270396
>Water Temple and Ice Mansion are some of the worst dungeons in Zelda history
>Ice Mansion
>>
File: 555 come on now.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
555 come on now.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>321270396
>The Water Temple and Ice Mansion are some of the worst dungeons in Zelda history
Here's your (you)
>>
>>321270396
>Twilight Princess was filler: the game.

More like Dungeons: the game.

Skyward Sword on the other hand, now THAT was Filler: the game.
>>
>>321269029
>Midna is pretty much the only good thing Twilight Princess did

spawning a generation of pretentious babyfurs is the worst thing TP did
>>
>>321270474

Both of them were simple and streamlined to be honest. Since they were designed by the same core team.

90% of all those dungeons were just finding a key or switch to get to the next room/floor. Wind Waker was better than TP in a lot of ways, but not dungeon design.
>>
>>321269029
Skyward Sword's combat was so bland that I stopped playing it once I got halfway through the game. It just wasn't interesting.
>>
Link's Awakening was the best Zelda game period. In every way. The music, the story, the gameplay, even the graphics for the time and format are comparably better than any other game. This isn't even debatable
>>
>>321270551
>>321270608

>angry greentext replies
>Yet they're the ones TP fans obsess the most over.

Good job proving his point.
>>
>>321270767

That's how I felt about Twilight Princess. Link bashes enemies with his sword as if its a club. And even then, it takes 5-7 hits to kill something. This is one of the few games I can think of which would have benefited by having more enemies with less hits to kill. At least then you'd feel like you had to use some finesse and skill to attack stuff rather than just 'bash, bash, bash until you see black smoke'.

Then in Wolf form...holy crap the combat was even worse.
>>
>>321270396

>Longer dungeons doesn't make them better.

That's not why they were good. Nearly every dungeon has either excellent item usage (Arbiter's Grounds, City In The Sky, Goron Mines, Hyrule Castle) or a fun, overarching gimmick (Snowpeak Temple's item hunt, Forest Temple's monkey rescues/chains, Lakebed Temple's rotating stairs, Temple of Time's statue management, Palace of Twilight's light mechanic).

>The Water Temple and Ice Mansion are some of the worst dungeons in Zelda history.

Lakebed Temple is the weakest dungeon in TP IMO, but even that is mid tier. Snowpeak Temple is pretty great, I don't see any issues there.

>The Ice Mansion is fucking three sliding block puzzles.

And the swinging chandeliers, cannons, indoor/outdoor fights, and gathering of ingredients for Yeta. There were a few ice block puzzles but the dungeon certainly had more than that.

>Do you people also defend the crappy memory puzzle outside of the Master Sword Grotto?

That is commonly upheld as one of the best puzzles in a Zelda game, so yes.
>>
>>321270968

>This is one of the few games I can think of which would have benefited by having more enemies with less hits to kill.

You're shitting me. Everything in TP short of Darknuts is piss easy to kill, and even those guys aren't all that hard unless you're fighting more than one. I love TP but everything in that game dies WAY too easily, even in the back half and you're gimping yourself with the Ordon Sword as opposed to the double damage of the Master Sword. And don't even get me started on the bosses that take 6 hits to their weak point before dying like little bitches. I wanted HARDER to kill enemies, not just in HP but in AI as well. Link felt overpowered as hell in TP with very few enemy types even posing something resembling a threat.
>>
>>321271053

>Nearly every dungeon has either excellent item usage
Its not very good when you only use those items in that one dungeon. And some of them like the spinning top and wind boomerang were pretty weak even within their own dungeon.

I'd say the only really well done use of items was walking on the ceiling with iron boots or breaking ice with ball and chain. The other items were pretty lackluster to me.

>That is commonly upheld as one of the best puzzles in a Zelda game, so yes.
I have never heard anyone say that. Ever. Everyone I have ever talked to hated that puzzle either for being too simple or too frustrating. But mostly because it was blocking your way to getting the master sword.
>>
Am I the only one who plays without a shield?
I doubt it. The first chance I get to burn away my shield I take it and rely on dodges instead of blocking. Not like it makes the games harder or anything, I just like to play games without shields.
>>
>>321268006
>he didn't play the Adventure Of Link
>>
>>321271328
Zelda's more fun with annoying smaller eemies bugging you every room than being mobbed by Lizalfos every room. That's probably why Snowpeak was so fun because every room had you being mobbed by demonic hockey pucks and those ice spear guys.
>>
OoT has some of the best music in Vidya. TP only track that I can remember is during that pseudo westerner area.
>>
>>321271328

>Link felt overpowered as hell in TP with very few enemy types even posing something resembling a threat.
He's overpowered in every game since Wind Waker honestly. But in Wind Waker, enemies would die in 1-3 hits. In Twilight, they upped it to 4-7 hits for some reason. While I admit it didn't make the game harder, it did make combat more annoying. Because it took more hits to dispatch of an enemy that should just die with 1-2 hits. Or in wolf form, enemies wouldn't die unless you hit them all at the same time with the stupid shadow charge move.
>>
File: 1424680962397.png (175 KB, 173x600) Image search: [Google]
1424680962397.png
175 KB, 173x600
>>321271408

I honestly forget to use my shield 90% of the time. The game is so easy that I just do backflips. And skip all heart containers.

But I always equip the mirror shield because its my favorite item. When are we gonna get a Zelda game where I can get the mirror shield early?
>>
>>321271576

This. I use to think there should be more Iron Knuckles in Ocarina of Time. But after playing Twilight Princess, I realized how annoying it is to find them in every room. Especially when you're backtracking to another part of the dungeon.
>>
>>321271408
Shield+sword is mah waifu
Try to get that combo in erry game that has it. I never fight dark link with anything but sword and shield. Shits epic man
>>
>>321271401

>And some of them like the spinning top and wind boomerang were pretty weak even within their own dungeon.

Oh come on, the Spinner was used pretty well in Arbiter's Grounds, though it does get shafted outside of it save for a small handful of spots. As for the Gale Boomerang, its use in Forest Temple wasn't super imaginative though I did dig the couple of puzzles tied to it in Hyrule Castle, and I personally use that item regularly outside of dungeons as it sped up Keese killing a lot. It was quite useful in the Cave of Ordeals for that reason as well.

>Everyone I have ever talked to hated that puzzle either for being too simple or too frustrating.

That kind of polarizing reaction immediately strikes me as curious. I never said it was a particularly well-liked puzzle but by Zelda puzzle standards it is kind of a headscratcher and as such does stand out, be it as one that makes you actually think for a minute or flat out stumps you, depending on one's aptitude for puzzles.
>>
>>321271863

I hate how you're forced to get a shield and have to rely on "losing" it to play without it.

>>321272018

Even in games where sword 'n board is a viable option, I always prefer sword and empty off hand. Just the way I like to play I guess.
>>
>>321268684
I was super ready to disagree with you but the more I think about it the more I actually agree

More people say that WW holds up better today than TP due to the amazing art style

I love the music in WE, very upbeat and catchy (Outset Island, Great Sea, etc)

Gameplay is better IMO, the counter mechanic added twitch reaction aspects to combat which was a welcome addition. Sailing, while it can get boring, is better than TP and its giant Hyrule Field filled with fucking nothing

Story about a boy who tries to save his sister and the most sympathizable Ganonforf in the entire series

The game is overall more enjoyable too, at least I think so. I'm surprised nobody had mentioned the tear collection bullshit in TP, that shit crippled the game so hard.
>>
File: 1190648060189.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1190648060189.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
>>321272121

>I never said it was a particularly well-liked puzzle

Except you did....?

>That is commonly upheld as one of the best puzzles in a Zelda game
>>
>>321272342

"Best" in terms of design, not popularity. If anything's wrong with it it's almost out of place because Zelda puzzles are almost never that demanding of the player.
>>
>>321272435

You said 'commonly upheld'. Which means most people think a certain way.

You should stop using terms if you don't understand what they mean.
>>
>>321272337

I never minded TP's tear collecting and I didn't mind it in SS either, but I know I'm in the minority there. It does come to the detriment of the game's pacing but I dunno, I've played TP half a dozen times and it never bored me. I'd say the Dominion Rod quest after Temple of Time is more of a buzzkill to be honest.
>>
>>321272552

And in my experience they do. I've seen a number of people speak of the Master Sword grotto puzzle as a memorable part of the game. It might be liked or disliked, but I've come across few people that didn't have some sort of strong feeling about it, and I think that's in part because it's actually pretty difficult for a Zelda game. Very few of its puzzles feel like genuine roadblocks but they managed one in TP.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.