[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: game series spinoffs that deserve to exist >Halo tactical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11
File: rjrfjsjsjsrj.jpg (47 KB, 984x722) Image search: [Google]
rjrfjsjsjsrj.jpg
47 KB, 984x722
ITT: game series spinoffs that deserve to exist

>Halo tactical xcom style strategy game, you are ONI trying to combat the covenant with early spartans and researching shields and mjolnir and such, maybe ODSTs too.
>>
>>321263017
Fuck off with your "dude halo lmao" shit out of here.
>>
File: 1424565963483.jpg (3 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1424565963483.jpg
3 KB, 118x125
>>321263110
>>
>>321263017

> alien isolation
> you play as the alien
> gotta protect your little egg bros
> capture humans
> kill baddies with guns
> have this super bitch that seems to know where you always are and has a fuck huge arsenal and can heal instantly
>>
I would love to see a Twisted Metal Lego Racers
>>
>>321263017
MGS that you play as ocelot
>>
Halo just needs to die with whatever dignity it can still manage to scrape up.
>>
Reposting this.
Yes, it needs to be updated with D5 cast and a bunch of other units, maybe even some generics...
>>
Bayonetta spinoff where you play as Rodin.
>>
>>321263017
>halo
Why? Why not a better setting. Something like Ivalice from Vagrant Story. It could be Vagrant Tactics, I bet it would wonderful. As long as it's normal x-com setup and not some trashy mystical rules wizard telling you what to do in the middle of battle.
>>
File: ce-prinny.jpg (52 KB, 650x800) Image search: [Google]
ce-prinny.jpg
52 KB, 650x800
>>321263773
also, any game of any genre with Prinnies, because they're awesome.
>>
File: Gun cat.jpg (57 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Gun cat.jpg
57 KB, 1024x768
>>321263625

I'm already seeing a QTE revolver juggling segment.
>>
>>321263868
Any god simulator game would work for this

or they could just pull a SoTN and strip him of his powers somehow
>>
>>321263017

This can happen in xcom 2 with the new modding capabilities.
>>
>>321264172
Recettear like game where you juggle running a bar, dealing weapons, and completing infernal contracts.
>>
File: nO0q1YP.png (191 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
nO0q1YP.png
191 KB, 500x275
>souls franchise sprite-based fighting game
>>
File: rebellion.jpg (142 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
rebellion.jpg
142 KB, 600x450
>>321263017
A game like Empire at War or Rebellion with a Mass Effect skin. I think it'd be pretty neat if done right.
>>
>>321263956
because halo has a big universe set up with tons of units and technology and vehicles, who wants just another J-ARPG. the lore and art flavor alone is perfect for strategy game, and the hopeless war against the covenant perfectly mirrors how xcom is set up
>>321264289
even if no one ends up doing it, I hope the customization at least lets me make sgt johnson
>>
BJ Blazkowicz: Vampire Hunter
>>
>>
>>321264659
Being big and numerous doesn't make it good. Halo is generic trash. What do you mean another J-ARPG. When was the last time you played one and what was it?
>>
>metal gear spinoff that plays like a chromehounds style mecha game by fromsoft

too bad making souls series is much more profitable for them to actually ever do this
>>
>>321264984
halo is far from generic if you've actually played the games at all. but of course you haven't, this is /v/
>>
>>321265139
Oh I played it and it was fucking awful.
>>
File: Eleanor and Delta.jpg (226 KB, 670x660) Image search: [Google]
Eleanor and Delta.jpg
226 KB, 670x660
Bioshock game that would take place from the beginning of rapture to it's destructive end. You'd play as a reporter, usually in the middle of rapture's biggest events, meeting people different people from all over rapture (Mainly the people you heard from in the radio logs in bioshock 1 and 2). the game wouldn't really involve alot of fighting, think of it as a telltale game, but without all the bullshit, "your choices don't really matter in the long run" thing out of the way.
>>
>>321263017
ODST was boring & Reach was shit. So 343 just needs to end the series with Halo 6 & be done with it. Halo should've either ended at Halo 3 or took a five year break, which meant "no games period".
>>
File: adadadaddadada.jpg (78 KB, 620x899) Image search: [Google]
adadadaddadada.jpg
78 KB, 620x899
A game about Joshua Graham where you go around the wasteland dispensing justice Punisher style. It could have game mechanics centered around his rage and flames. It could also involve him getting revenge on his former legion pals.
>>
>>321268992
>After Honest Hearts and crushing the White Legs ending a new fire of vengeance is lit in Graham's heart
>Travels to Arizona to eliminate all the monsters he created and trained under his command as Legate
>"I must right the wrongs that I have done unto God and man".
>Dat biblical fury of a walking Juggernaut
10/10 would play
>>
>>321271634
Yeah same
>>
>Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Holy shit, it's so much better than the Jaypugr grindfests of the main series.
>>
>>321263726
There's none left.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.