[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Something that happens in a game that makes you stop playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: FuckRussianRoulette.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
FuckRussianRoulette.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
ITT: Something that happens in a game that makes you stop playing it, or just make it less fun.
>>
i just reset until none of my guys died
fuck you game
>>
>>321263124
Yeah this is one of few instances where I'll totally admit to savescumming
>>
Not only did I savescum to make sure no one died through that process, but I also kept savescumming until no one died and I beat all of them so I could get Bucket. Bucket is cool.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 667x271) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 667x271
>>321263124
>>321263250
>>321264164
Fucking casuals.
>>
For some reason I think Nern is some how better to use. I used him on both my playthroughs and only reset once
>>
>>321264530
>do it first time
>lose the boomerang guy (percy I think)
>just roll with it

>second playthrough (joyless)
>lose everyone but Mad Dog
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (9 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
9 KB, 201x250
>sudden forced romance between your player character and worst girl
>>
>removes all your good party members and replaces them with shit ones for plot reasons

I still don't know how I got through FFVI
>>
>>321262881
>tfw Terry died on my first shot
>>
I liked the roulette part.
>>
>mfw only guy I lost was some dude I just recruited and hadn't tested in combat
>mfw the game is actually easier when you have no arms and must scream
>>
>>321264530
>forced luck based segment where your almost definitely going to lose multiple party members.
call me whatever you want that bit was bullshit.
i was going to roll with it until i lost everyone but nern on my first try
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>persona 3
>final boss
>over an hour long
>only have a few hits till boss is dead
>boss charms Yukari
>Yukari uses diaramahan
>heals the final boss 6000HP
>almost break my PS2

I still ended up beating Persona 3, but I felt so fucking jipped by that. Almost soured the entire game for me.
>>
Misogyny
>>
>tfw losing terry, nern and fardy.
There's no shame in savescumming in this game.
Party members are actually very lovable.
>>
>>321262881
>>Enemies suddenly become stupidly OP after increasing by just one level
>>RNG mechanics that takes a game from challenging to straight bullshit
>>Gameplay that relies on button input, which enables an AI opponent to wreck your shit by instantaneously responding to your actions
Fuck Dissidia in particular for that horseshit
>>Getting slapped to the ground, and watching your character go through a slowly-rising animation that allows the enemy to slap you to the ground again, repeatedly.
>>Not enjoying the game, trying to finish anyway, and one minor bullshit aspect totally ruins any motivation to continue
>>Game gets preachy about a particular subject, forced to play rest of the way with annoying motif
>>Plot twist that was clear as fucking day finally happens, and the game gets shittier due to gimped mechanics and gameplay that are instigated because of MUH DRAMATIC TWIST
>>Slog through tedious gameplay to receive item or reward; item and reward turns out to be absolute dogshit in comparison to current gear, or otherwise completely not worth the time invested.
>>
>>321264627

That's because pissing off joy mutants locks them out of using the death bite, and Nern is pro at this.
>>
>>321262881

mech suits in silent storm, totaly ruined the game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.