[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /v/ why are people still mad about Corrin? I get that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
Tell me /v/ why are people still mad about Corrin?
I get that he is another FE character and everything, but it's not like he won the ballot or anything.
You are actually saying you would rather have just Bayonetta instead of Bayonetta and a character with a unique and creative moveset?
>>
>>321262349
Corrin stole a slot that could have gone to literally anyone else but another FE character.
>>
>>321262472
>muh slots
>>
While I am happy for Corrin and intend to main him, I can understand the asshurt. Lucina now feels completely pointless because there are 6 FE characters. I know that she was to pad the roster and that DLC characters weren't being considered when they made it, but she just feels like she's taking up air.
Roy feels like he ate up a DLC for someone new and exciting, but looking at how Mewtwo and Lucas were made for DLC, they would probably put Wolf in his place had they not gone for Roy.
>>
>>321262349

>It's ANOTHER FE dude
>It's ANOTHER Sword dude to go with the other sword dude from the same update
>it's blatant advertising
>Fuck Fire Emblem
>>
>>321262573

Yeah, the idea of slots is ridiculous

it's more like

>let's just toss in nobodies until it's a MUGEN tier clusterfuck
>>
>>321262349
smash is such a shit normalfaggot game
they don't deserve to use glorious franchise characters
>>
>>321262778
it's a chainsaw sword, and it's used for 6 attacks. literally just 6 attacks.
>>
>>321262472
>Slots
Are you a retard?
They don't fucking exist. A fighter is seriously just a few MB.
>Could have gone to anyone else.
Explain fucking who? They put Corrin in because Fates was coming out, anyone else would have to win the Ballot to make it in.
>>
>>321262880

Feeling's mutual weeaboo, you and your shit franchise can have him back
>>
If I wanted another FE character... I'd want an FE character that actually used a different weapon for once.
>>
>>321263145
See>>321262952
Main style of fighting is transformations.
>>
>>321262952

I dont see how that changes anything. We could have had ice climbers or snake come back, or something totally new like ridley, k rool, bomberman, a belmont, fucking anything.

What we got is yet another genero-animu dude as an advertisement for a game that's coming out in the near future.
>>
>>321263247
Screw that, I want either of the 2 weapons from the Weapon Triangle.
>>
>>321263283
>Ice Climbers, Snake, Ridley and K Rool.

>Sakurai has explained why the couldn't get in.
>>
>>321262349
How many counters are in this game now? I'm more mad about the increased number of counters than the fact that it's another Fire Emblem character.
>>
IN FIRE EMBLEM WE HAVE THIS UNIQUE CONCEPT WE'VE STUCK WITH FOREVER ITS ROCK PAPER SCISSORS WITH WEAPONS, SWORD/SPEAR/AXE

>HERE HAVE 6 SWORD GUYS

>...LOLLIES
>>
>>321263424
Peach, Palu, Marth, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Corrin, Lucario, Greninja, Shulk, Little Mac and Mii fighter.
>>
>>321263509
Only main characters get in anon. If anything blame FE for making the most important lords use swords.
>>
Corrin looks pretty cool and all but another FE character??
like fucking really more than fucking enough with 8 fucking characters
>>
>>321263416

>They couldnt get in because I was obligated to shill for a trash game that's going to be bad
>>
>>321263424
>we included a counter that FE fans in Smash have come to love
>if we ever get a new FE character they're almost guaranteed to have counter
At least fucking Robin has something different.
Speaking of Robin, that's probably the closest we're going to get for mages.
>>
>>321263729
8 character?
Anon don't tell me you are one of those autist that count alt costumes as a separate characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 359x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 359x316
Here's the better solution:

>ditch the shitty fucking sword character
>add Geno

Its made clear that Square Soft is fine with Cloud so why not a wanted character that isn't overdone.
>>
>>321262862
>>321262573
What's wrong with slots? They will put a finite amount of characters in, whatever that number is. This guy's place could've gone to someone better.
>>
>>321263827
You fags should feel lucky Geno was even considered as a mii costume, let alone actually get one.
>>
>>321264000

I dont, because I hate playing as the goddamn miis, much less am I willing to spend money on fucking costumes for them.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 200x190) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 200x190
>>321264000
It seems like Sakurai only listens to the autist vocal minority when it comes to characters as the characters people want the most became garbage mii costumes.
>>
>>321264334
>Genofags
>Not vocal minority
Good one anon.
>>
Because it's another FE character and nothing about its moveset looks that interesting.

And no, flashy animations don't count as interesting. Something like Robin's limited spell/sword usage or Shulk's monado arts is interesting. I don't need another token sword character with a counter. Making some of the animations have animal parts come out instead of swords swipes doesn't magically make it better.
>>
File: 2346982374320984627346.jpg (16 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
2346982374320984627346.jpg
16 KB, 300x226
>>321262349
>>321262472

According to a recent interview, Sakurai said that this character "slot" would be for an upcoming title. In that regard, Corrin makes a lot of sense. Hell, Nintendo's release schedule is so light next year that I can't even think of another candidate.

Based on that criteria, who would you have wanted to see /v/? I would have gone with a XCX representative but that game bombed in Japan.
>>
>>321263880
>They will put a finite amount of characters in, whatever that number is.
>This guy's place could've gone to someone better.
And who exactly is this 'someone better'? Also what guarantee is there that another character would be made if Corrin hadn't been decided? And what exactly is the 'finite amount of characters'?
>>
>>321263051
>people who truly don't understand the meaning of slots
Fucking retards. There are a finite number of available slots, not because of space restraints, but because of time and effort. I'm not sure how stupid you have to be to think that people are actually worried about the physical space required for characters.
>>
>>321262349

Half of it is from assblasted roster faggots with shit taste. Either wanting third party characters that dont have a chance to get in, boring veterans like wolf or MUH VILLAINS. They'll pretty much use flimsy excuses like "Another sword character" For a character that only uses a sword for less than a quarter of his attacks.

The only nintendo characters i can think of who may have had a chance would have been the inklings, paper mario, a pokemon, an animal crossing character, and krystal as the complete long shot.

Other half is from assblasted fire emblem fans who still cant get over the fact that Awakening saved the series 2 years ago and complaining about "THE WAIFUS" While conveniently forgetting that there have always been waifus in fire emblem.

Also Black Kingdom sucked. The only thing hard about it was stomaching the awful story.
>>
>>321264837

If it's strictly nintendo properties, K Rool or Dixie, or ice climbers.
>>
>>321263709
DANCINA
>AQUA
DANCINA
>AQUA
DANCINA
>AQUA

!!!!!!!!
>>
>>321265413
There would have to be an upcoming DK or Ice Climbers game to promote.
>>
>>321264837
He said recent or upcoming, so let's just be generous and assume that means 2015 and 2016 titles. As far as ones with unused representatives, that would include:

>Xenoblade X
>Splatoon
>Codename STEAM
>Chibi-Robo
>Boxboy
>Yokai Watch
>#FE
>Federation Force

I can understand not going for a lot of these, since they aren't terribly popular, and I'm even willing to concede that an Inkling might simply not be possible due to technical issues, but frankly I'd accept just about any of them more than another FE character.
>>
>''From now on it's going to be fanservice''
>''PSYCHE''
>''HAVE A CHARACTER ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WANTED''
>''DON'T FORGET TO PRE ORDER ALL THREE VERSIONS OF FE FATES''
>>
>>321265632
I actually think the only viable option would have been an Inkling or a new character from the upcoming Star Fox/Zelda titles. I kind of appreciate that they are saving for Smash 5 and not just blowing their load here.

Yokai Watch would have been cool.

>#FE
>Federation Force
I think that any character from those titles would be received much more poorly than Corrin.
>>
>>321265984
Anything that would get SMT fags riled up would be welcomed.

That series is so irrelevant. And of course they will automatically shit on #FE even though it is more of an SMT game than SMT because its not GRIM DARKITY DARK AND EDGY FOR US MATURE GAMERS!
>>
>>321265984
>I think that any character from those titles would be received much more poorly than Corrin.

Probably, yeah, but to be perfectly honest Metroid fans can go fuck themselves, a Federation Marine would be fine.
>>
>>321265520
Hmmm. Yeah why not her? That would have quelled some of the salt, as she uses a lance.
>>
>>321265623

Right, I didnt even compute the "upcoming" part.

But given that, what the fuck is even upcoming? female link?
>>
because smash and rosterfags only play smash and don't actually branch out and play nintendo games, just look at the retarded shit they spew
>ryu and cloud are not iconic
>muh shovel knight and shantae
>muh slots
>muh reps
ironically, them only playing smash does not make them able to look past a character's origin and appreciate their moveset, the worst kind of autism, even worse when they whine about clones.
>>
>>321266204
Yeah but you're forgetting the part where shes literally Lucina, but more boring
>>
File: 1447026657431.jpg (52 KB, 479x355) Image search: [Google]
1447026657431.jpg
52 KB, 479x355
>>321266164
Can you imagine how assblasted the Ridley fanbase would be? /v/ would probably implode.
>>
>>321264837
Wolf for SF0, Ganon for TPHD, Paper Mario for the recent release of Paper Jam, a new Pokémon to promote Pokken or the new mystery dungeon, any of which have much higher demand than any FE character. But people would bitch about clones even if Ganon and Paper Mario would likely be completely different and Wolf is no more clone than Lucas. Inb4 crying Wojak but I think Sceptile would have been solid as it's the newest revealed Pokken character and the Treecko line plays a key role in the Mystery Dungeon series, plus Z still hasn't been announced so ORAS is still sorta relevant, at least as relevant as FE Awakening which got two characters
>>
>>321266285
Yes, because Corrin is such an interesting character.
>>
>>321263051
>Slots
>Are you a retard?
>They don't fucking exist. A fighter is seriously just a few MB.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard all day, and I keep up with politics.
>>
File: wa.png (198 KB, 312x310) Image search: [Google]
wa.png
198 KB, 312x310
>>321266291
>WE NEED A NEW METROID REP
>F-FUCK YOU SAKURAI I DIDN'T MEAN THAT ONE

Man now I'm disappointed we missed this opportunity
>>
>>321266291
OH man. It would have been worth it just for the rage.
>>
>>321266420
A character that has to live his choice and consequences.

compared to some random bitch who tags along no matter what.
>>
>>321266374
I think the problem is that Smash doesn't acknowledge the Pokémon spinoff titles. All of the Pokémon in Smash are based off of the anime.
>>
>>321266374
Rosterfags would still bitch if we got another Pokémon in Smash instead of another FE rep.
>>
>>321266525
A character's being a bit too optimistic at this point, but I'm still very surprised that none of the Pokémon stages in Smash are based on any of the spin-offs. The same goes for music and (aside from one in Melee) trophies.
>>
>>321266829
We should have at least got an OR/AS inspired stage.
>>
>>321266930
I wish Colosseum's music could get in, Cipher Syndicate's theme, Pyrite Town, or the main battle theme would be fucking awesome in Smash.

Why will there never be a sequel to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness?
>>
>>321262349
/v/ is not about games. It's about memes, and the "being mad about everything forever" meme is one of the oldest /v/ memes of all.
>>
>>321266794
>>321266930
>>321267334

I miss Pokemon Trainer so much. Best Pokemon representative of ALL time.
>>
>>321264897
K Rool is better, everyone agrees.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 280x280
>Still no Chibi Robo in Smash
Why live?
>>
File: 1434224513578.png (411 KB, 1994x1334) Image search: [Google]
1434224513578.png
411 KB, 1994x1334
>>321267714
This. Corn may turn into a dragon, but K Rool is already a dragon and can turn into a boxer, scientist and pirate.
>>
>>321267524
I really do miss him; he was a fun and VERY unique addition to the series. They could have made improvements to the character for Smash 4 (gender swaps, adjusting/removing stamina, etc.), but they unfortunately had to remove him for technical reasons.
>>
>>321265373
No, you're the fucking idiot. There's no such things as slots.
Here's an example: If Roy had never been given the go ahead for DLC, Isaac still wouldn't have been worked on because Isaac (and, to be honest, Golden Sun) is fucking boring. It's the same reason Chrom would never have been a character even if Robin had been turned down. Sakurai already shot your idea down, so they never had a chance. Nobody actually gives a shit about Isaac, a generic anime swordsman with magic spells from a franchise with combined sales slightly over those of Awakening, but the 2008 Brawl memes make you think people do. Roy's meme power is still strong because of Melee, and he's just a clone of Marth, so he got in. It's that simple.

Corrin took almost no one's "slot." The criteria for his "slot" was narrow enough that there were few candidates for it. It was Corrin, and possibly Elma and Wolf. That's it. Apparently, Wolf's fanbase is also smaller than internet communities would lead you to believe, because he's not in either.
>>
>>321267949 #
>From the Perspective on How Good of an Addition He Would Be
I would love for him to make it in. He has lots of potential.

>From the Perspective on How Likely He Is
His series unfortunately has massively underperformed, and it's very likely after Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash! that the series is done for good. Even in the past Nintendo never put much effort into promoting the series; the simply did not, do not, and likely never will truly care for the franchise. The only big chance he has at being included now is fan support.
>>
>>321267949
If his last game was better he might have had a chance but I think his fate is sealed at this point.
>>
>>321267714
I don't.
>>
This sword guy could have fucking been Travis Touchdown
>>
>>321266420
>Yes, because Corrin is such an interesting character.
Have you even played Fire Emblem Fate?
>>
>>321266164
>>321266291
>Can you imagine how assblasted the Ridley fanbase would be? /v/ would probably implode.

>>321266454
>Man now I'm disappointed we missed this opportunity

Corrin really was a mistake. We could have gotten even more crazy salty reactions with that reveal
>>
File: 46482121_p0.jpg (144 KB, 640x891) Image search: [Google]
46482121_p0.jpg
144 KB, 640x891
>>321262349
they fucking spoiled the game before its even released. Who DOES that?
>>
>>321271434
The Xenoblade trophies spoil a lot from their game. Stuff with Mother 3 in Brawl spoiled stuff in that game. Etc, etc.
>>
>>321270960
Not him but I have. He's pretty cool.

Have you? Did you even watch the direct. Even if you think he is shit in fates doesnt mean he cant be interesting in smash.
>>
>>321271434
It was already out in Japan.

And a sword isnt much of a spoiler anon.
>>
>>321263283
>Ice Climbers
3DS
>Anything Konami
Smash isn't a pachinko machine
>>
>>321265520
>>321266204
>Wanting FE's Zoroark in Smash
>>
>>321271970
I was defending Corrin/Kamui. I must have misinterpreted the post as sarcasm.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.