[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The game is fun but feels very lacking without content from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: Star-Wars-Battlefront-PS4-Cover.jpg (325 KB, 1204x1500) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Battlefront-PS4-Cover.jpg
325 KB, 1204x1500
The game is fun but feels very lacking without content from the new movie. I want to play as Finn or Rey or Rilo Ken. Hopefully they will add them and the First Order. Otherwise the $50 DLC would be a complete rip off.

What would you add?
>>
>>321262079
>What would you add?

Tantive IV map
Deathstar map
Starkiller map

Finn and Rey as heroes
Kylo and Phasma as villains

New 10v10 "Heroes vs Villains" mode with 5 heroes and villains on each side

Blasters from the new movie
First Order and New Republic player skins

Space battle maps in Fighter Squadron

The game is lacking in content so bad that it's unfair and in bad business taste that it was priced at $60
>>
>>321262079
LOL SHE SAID RILO KEN INSTEAD OF KYLO REN WHAT AN EPIC TURN OF EVENTS XDD
>>
>>321262079
A campaign
>>
>>321263373
What?
>>
Space Battle+Ship Assault
>>
Wanting to play as fin Hahahahahahahahahahahaa
>>
Lets be real /v/

You'd totally buy a Poe based DLC

I'd actually buy the game if it were announced
>>
>>321265356
I'd buy single player DLC period if it's reasonably priced.
>>
>>321265356
>you will never play a single-player focused game based on the exploits of Rogue Squadron, playing as Poe as he goes from secret mission to secret mission, on the ground as a capable soldier and in the air as the ace pilot the Resistance needs

Why the fuck did they cancel 1313, fuck me man. That shit looked so fucking good.

Are there any good upcoming star wars games?
>>
>>321263219
>Phasma
Literally trash tier
>>
Why didnt the new movies have any cool vehicles. All it had was that stupid ass first order transport ships and a shittier looking version of the xwings,
>>
>>321262079
>load up my first game
>really excited
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>okay, i'll do better this time
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>hmm that weapon must be pretty good! haha
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>okay wait
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>uh...
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>get lit up by DL-44
>respawn
>this is so fun guys
>>
>>321266327
Visceral is developing something. Small detail leaks. Action/Adventure, light "RPG" elements, shit like that. Nothing official, but it might show up in E3 next year.
>>
>>321266416
Sounds like you just suck
>>
>>321262079
>tactical baton as a secondary weapon with one hit melee kill and cool-down
>Deathstar map
>first order flamethrower as secondary
>space maps for fighter battles
>pre-quel era contents(battle of coruscant as a fighter battle would be nice)
>more alien faces
>>
>>321262079

I'd just keep adding skins as DLC to jew people as much as possible since idiots seem to buy them
>>
Battlefront 3 is OT only; no ST. (I.E., so The Force Awakens)

No new content until February and that's paid DLC.

I got to level 50 and I feel like I'm tired of the game. Also, the game will be dead by the time new content releases.
>>
>>321267002
>show your pride with this special Gay Pride Week offer: pink Storm Trooper and Rainbow Rebel Trooper, only for 5.99
Would it sell?
>>
>>321267160
It's natural to feel tired once you get to end-game. I only got to 24 in BF Hardline and I feel like there's no point in continuing.
>>
>>321267160
>Battlefront 3 is OT only; no ST. (I.E., so The Force Awakens)
Battle of Jakku though
>>
I don't understand how its possible that there is no proper movie tie in game.

Surely Disney and everyone knew TFA would be one of the biggest movies ever, and the best they could come up with is a barebones mp game that doesn't even have anything from the new movie? The fuck?

Every prequel had their tie in game and several spinoffs and shit.
>>
>>321267320
I mean, technically that took place during the Galactic Civil War.
>>
>>321267320
>What would you add?

Space battles
Prone and roll
Classes
Like 10 new planets
Triple the amount of guns
Give gun customization so that it would at least be on par with battlefield
Make character customization not be a joke
Triple the size of the maps
Triple the amount of vehicles
Give the weapons actual magazines and double the recoil
Clone wars era battles
Make the flying not be auto-aim on auto-aim on auto-aim and rebalance the rebel fighters
Make you get at least one trait from level one so that you don't have to grind for 10 hours to get your first
Double the amount of heroes
Completely remove the powerup pickup system
Make the lightsaber hero characters not get animation locked for 1 second every time they hit anything and instead make the combat something closer to jedi academy / Jedi Outcast
Completely redo the spawn system so that it is at least as good as battlefield

Did I forget something anon? I mean the game is so fundamentally broken that its hard to keep up
>>
>>321267357
There's no real tie in because Disney used the hype for TFA to launch a bunch of other digital Star Wars stuff. They have out 3 different mobile games, and now Battlefront (which I think they feel is a big enough name to not need an explicit tie in to TFA)

I do expect a proper game based off Rogue One though.
>>
File: IMG950608.jpg (49 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
IMG950608.jpg
49 KB, 480x360
Is there any way to play with Japanese voices on the ps4 version? I know you can on the xbone version, but I don't see the option on ps4.
>>
>>321267829
Continuing

64 player games
Actual server browser that shows server tickrates
Bring back the squad system
Bring back ingame voice chat
Bring back the commander
Get the AT-AT off the rails
Make changes to prevent the "win game by zerging uplinks" strat such as increasing weapon damage and giving a slight delay to bringing your weapon back up after running or something, I don't want to think too hard on this right now
Make the first person view in fighters have some sort of three dimensional tracking so that it isn't completely unusable
Completely nerf the millenium falcon to the ground so that you can't literally oneshot slave 1 by ramming into it

I can't think of any more all that pressing issues for now.
>>
>>321267829
>>321268443
Fuck you, just go play Battlefront 2 then, you shithead
>>
>>321268952
I actually started playing battlefield 4 since the premium edition was like below 20€ with the christmas discounts. Speaking of battlefield 4 they should also add destructible terrain. Why are you even mad at me? I mean the new battlefront is a direct downgrade from both the previous battlefront and battlefield 4 and it only improves on the bare essentials that it can even barely call itself a sequel (or a reboot like EA likes to call it but they are basically just cashing on the name) like graphics and stuff like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 350x262
>>321262079
What about the prequel trilogy characters? Shouldn't they be added too?
>>
>>321269216
it's funny how people were scared that battlefront was going to be battlefield 4 reskined and now that's what most want
>>
>>321269517
It would be ten times better if it was a battlefield reskin. I don't understand why people are saying that battlefront wasn't just a battlefield with a star wars skin in the first place.
>>
>>321262079
Space Battles alone would make it actually worth the money. And not some half-ass air superiority ripoff mode either. I'm talking full-fledged choose-your-ship capital ship vs. capital ship mayhem.
>>
why is there no talk about rainbow six siege on /v/?
>>
>>321267357
Disney Infinity. They can tie in literally ANY IP they want, and make beaucoups more than any game they'd have to license a developer for.
>>
File: sith waifu.jpg (162 KB, 800x998) Image search: [Google]
sith waifu.jpg
162 KB, 800x998
>>321266518
Seems like a company with a decent track record. I didn't care much for Dead Space but I unironically really enjoyed My Sims Kingdom.

But their recent releases show me that the game will probably be garbage.

Does any other company besides EA have the rights to make a Star Wars game?
>>
>>321269695
Because they made a game with no real single player campaign and a multiplayer that is so team focused that it is hard to find it enjoyable if you don't have friends that also play the game.
>>
>>321266327
Sure anon, I'll play Starfox Assault with you
>>
>>321269216
I like how anything you don't like is downgrade when it works perfectly fine
>>
>>321270058
It's not the same. I don't like furryshit, I want to fucking play smug ass Poe Dameron.
>>
>>321270291
How is it not a literal downgrade when I can point out like twenty completely objective, measurable, quantifiable and very real facts that were either removed or downscaled? Are you reply baiting or is this something else? I mean you can still argue that it's a good game if you want to but it is an undisputable fact that it is a direct downgrade from the previous games that dice made and the last iteration of battlefront.
>>
>>321270058
I'd buy a game that did Star Fox Assault right. Small-medium ish maps, 16 player count max with vehicles.
>>
>>321265236
I know right? Ape escapes been out for years.
>>
File: TRAITOR.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>321263219
What would Phasma's special attack be?

Falling into the nearest trash compactor?

Better if they add this nigga right here, TR-8R.
>>
>>321262079
>I want to play as Finn or Rey or Rilo Ken. Hopefully they will add them and the First Order. Otherwise the $50 DLC would be a complete rip off.
Fuck off
>>
>>321270626
do they sell that baton shit?
i'd cosplay the fuck out of him if they did
>>
>>321270509
That's going on the basis that more is better with no thought to the quality.
>>
>>321266416
yea sounds like youre just bad, this has never happened to me.
>>
>>321266523
The dlc blaster is a literal 1 hit kill with the explosive shot card, which anyone using the dl-44 will be using. The only counter I found is jetpack/smg blaster which is scrub tactics pn its own.
>>
>>321271020
Thats going on the basis of definition of the word downgrade. It is completely and utterly and totally irrefutable that the new battlefront is a downgrade from the previous battlefields and battlefronts. You can get your emotions hurt but that does not change the definitions of words. Also in my subjective opinion it is a shit game.
>>
>>321270509
Dood, you are right. That guy is a tard. This game is CoD and not even a fun well paced CoD like the middle entries.
>>
>>321271163
Dem graphics doe
>>
>>321262079
They'll never add them in because that would spoil their powers/trademark weapon.

What would Fin use anyways?
>>
>>321269517
Because what we got is basically Battlefield, minus all the shit that makes it engaging, plus a star wars skin
>>
>>321262079
I got it for free, what am I in for?
>>
>>321270626
>"Finn isn't force sensitive!"
Explain how he shut his lightsaber off as soon as he fell.

>there's a button faggot
While being struck with blunt force that knocked him down? Not possible, the shock from the impact would've prevented him from even thinking about that until he hit the ground.
>>
>>321271827
battlefield clone but without the things that make battlefield worth playing
>>
>>321270509
>>321271163
getaloadofthisguy.meme
>>
>>321272036
not him but stop embarrasing yourself
>>
>>321270626
>hurr durr i'm leaving the empire because I can't stand the killing and the murder and i'm super sensitive
>>
>>321265356
No, I wouldn't, he was a shallow cardboard character that JJ admitted was supposed to die in the movie.
I would never buy this piece of shit of a game, let alone a fucking DLC.
>>
>>321271482
He uses a blaster rifle in the movie so a blaster I guess

Special ability that lets him use a lightsaber temporarily
>>
File: 1420851103457.png (156 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1420851103457.png
156 KB, 330x319
>it's a EA tries to shill battleshiet once again thread
VERY glad the game flopped and that it almost has the same playercount as BF4.
>>
File: 1432054590671.png (2 MB, 1280x2048) Image search: [Google]
1432054590671.png
2 MB, 1280x2048
>>321272132
>anonymous message board
>embarrassing myself

This isn't Facebook senpai, fuck off.
>>
So how much do you think the population will rise come Christmas.
>inb4 parents only bought the console and game, not knowing its a multiplayer game
>>
>>321265356
Why would anyone in here buy a fucking DLC of that forgettable not-Han Solo.
>>
fin is such a faggot name.
also add droideka
>>
>>321272361
the pc version is a flop, but the ps4 and to a lesser extent the xbone version are doing fine.
the ps4 version has more players than then entirity of bf4 community (ps4 ps3 360 xbone pc) combined.
>>
>>321274117
And even then, it's all too low.
Shame what they did to this franchise.
>>
>>321274232
They didn't do a bad job actually, it's just horribly devoid of any content. Its like a shot glass of good alcohol.

Sadly EA is fucking garbage and merely made a game that is good for the time it takes to sell the most copies (e.g. it's only good for like two weeks). I really wish this shitty behaviour would go punished.
>>
>>321266523
>>321271065
just shill my shit up senpai
>>
>>321275396
>bad at the game
>"I-I will c-call them a s-ss-shill because I am b-bad at v-video games, y-yeah!"

Just cuck my shit up senpai
>>
buy my game
>>
>>321271880
>Lightsaber requires button to be constantly pressed to stay on
> when jedi throws it he keeps button pressed with force.
There, that's how.
>>
>>321262079
I see a lot of hate directed towards Battlefront on /v/ from basically everyone.
Does anyone here enjoy it, like really enjoy it.
I'm almost level 30 and can't get enough. I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan either
>>
>>321266416
I don't even know what gun that is and I've been playing for 2 weeks straight

chump
>>
>>321266416
hello reddit
>>
>>321262079
>What would you add?
A name that isn't Battlefront. Or maybe the content to make it into a good game worthy of the title Battlefront.
>>
>>321262079
I'd rather get some old villains and rebel scum.
For example Darth Maul
>>
File: ello asty.jpg (179 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ello asty.jpg
179 KB, 600x450
What species is this alien guy supposed to be? He looks ambiguously amphibious. I must know for reasons.
>>
>>321283421
Isn't he the same species as that podracer who was a dick? Sebulba?
>>
>>321262079
I would add voice chat and vehicles. Maybe some gun variety. Maybe some fun and replayability.
>>
>>321283754
No. Sebulba had arms for legs and legs for arms. Ello is a straight up humanoid.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.