[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
overhyped garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: ZELDA_OCARINA_OF_TIME.jpg (48 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA_OCARINA_OF_TIME.jpg
48 KB, 320x240
OoT is a shallow action adventure RPG and when judged by today's standards doesn't hold up. Agree or disagree?
>>
Disagree
>>
It's a meme game
>>
>today's standards

What standards?
>>
>>321260234
Disagree.
>>
>>321260234
Nice shitposting. Hate it or not, it's part of video game history and influenced vidya greatly.
>>
>>321261309
I don't necessarily hate it, I just think it's not very good. The only response I ever get for pointing out its flaws are "IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME". Just wondering if anyone would actually try to explain the ways in which the game had any sort of depth compared to other action adventure RPG titles
>>
>>321260234
>RPG
Fucking seriously? People are still calling it an RPG?
>>
>>321260234
>Any Zelda other than Link's Adventure
>RPG
Getting real tired of this meme
>>
>>321260234
Disagree
>>
>>321260234
wow a game that came out 17 years ago doesn't measure up to modern standards.
color me surprised!
>>
>>321261674
>>321261749
*failed RPG

happy now?
>>
>>321260234
Agreed. I expect modern games to suck, and this one doesn't.
>>
>>321261560
It's not an action rpg. Perhaps your mental retardation is preventing you from judging the game correct. I know whenever I played Gran Turismo 3 years later I was always so disappointed in how much it lacked in it's fps mechanics. Really underwhelming compared to halo imo
>>
>>321260234
Name a single better game, and remember difficulty doesnt mean better.

Unless you're one of those faggots who only plays multiplayer games, you can't.
>>
Fuck OP. Everyone post your favourite Zelda OST. Mine is the forest temple thing. Can anyone post it?
>>
>>321261884
It's not even remotely an RPG, as there are zero RPG elements.

It's pretty much a straight up action-adventure game, familia
>>
>>321260234
>rpg
Confirmed idiot.
>>
>>321262173
In the same genre? Das, Dragons Dogma, Witcher 3 and Twilight Princess

In any genre? The list is limitless, you're kidding yourself if you think that OoT is the best game ever made
>>
>>321260234
> zelda
> rpg
>>
>>321260234
Yes, and?
>>
>>321262173
>name a single better game that my subjective opinion will agree with
>also difficulty doesn't mean better because I know someone is going to say dark souls even though I never played it xdddd

Anon.
>>
>>321260234
Agree, but thankfully Twilight Princess did everything it did and more.
>>
>>321262304
Forgot Skyrim on your meme list.
>>
File: 1448523717113.jpg (22 KB, 480x392) Image search: [Google]
1448523717113.jpg
22 KB, 480x392
>>321260234
>RPG
>today's standards
>>
>>321260234
start naming some better action/adventure/rpgs then faggot.
>>
>>321262238
>character undertaking a quest
>can "level up" your characters
>variety of items and armour that can be switched out
>open world which encourages exploration

It has plenty of RPG elements, they're implemented badly which is why it delivers a shallow experience

>>321262452
>skyrim
>similar in playstyle to those other four games

It's easier to compare it to games that play in the same manner, comparing it to skyrim doesn't make much sense and even if we were skyrim skyrim accomplishes more than OoT with it's world, gameplay and characters.
>>
>>321262769
>OoT is bad because its a bad RPG
Stop posting.
>>
>>321262867
Nope, OoT is bad because the gameplay is shallow and the world is empty. No one ITT has even tried to dispute this. Explain the ways in which the game has depth, you'll find that when judged by games of similar nature it's vastly out paced.

If you didn't play OoT as a child you wouldn't particularly care for it, take off your nostalgia goggles bub
>>
>>321262769
>OoT doesn't meet my specific requirements of RPG

W E L C O M E T O T H E O P I N I O N Z O N E
>>
>>321263168
Mike is this you? Why are you shitposting here?
>>
>>321263168
it's an opinion backed up by facts, no ones been able to counter any argument I've brought up. It's a shitty shallow game
>>
>>321260623
Underrated.
>>
>>321262769
>>character undertaking a quest
Do you...do you even realize how generic that is? Literally almost EVERY kind of game can be boiled down to such.

>>can "level up" your characters
You literally never really do that. Character progression is tied to acquisition of heart containers/pieces and some fairy fountains that upgrade your magic iirc. There's no experience involved and how much health you have depends ENTIRELY on how many heart containers and pieces you CHOOSE to pick up.

>>variety of items and armour that can be switched out
Nice try, but Zelda handles that sort of thing differently from an RPG, since every weapon has its own specific use on the field and in combat. You use items to solve puzzles or expose weaknesses in enemies, not exactly the same type of thing in RPGs, where you find a ton of weapons or equipment which might be superior to what you currently have equipped, so you decide to switch to those instead.

>>open world which encourages exploration
I guess Grand Theft Auto III is an RPG then. :^)
>>
>opinions are all meaningless, except for my opinions, which are facts.
>>
>>321263048
>Dark Souls
literally nothing else to the game except combat, dodge/parry at the last second, attack
shallow

>Dragon's Dogma
soulless boring world with shit npcs
shallow

>Witcher 3
Didn't play yet.

>Twilight Princess
Does all these things >>321262769 worse than OoT
>>
File: disappointing.gif (408 KB, 306x360) Image search: [Google]
disappointing.gif
408 KB, 306x360
>>321263048
>World is empty
>Nintendo 64 Game Paks (NUS-006) are plastic ROM cartridges that store game data for the Nintendo 64. Their sizes vary[1] from 4 MB (32 Mbit; e.g. Automobili Lamborghini and Dr. Mario 64) to 64 MB (512 Mbit; e.g. Resident Evil 2 and Conker's Bad Fur Day).

Explain your subjective definition of depth.

What other games in that era vastly "out pace" Ocarina? Whatever the fuck out pacing means.
>>
epic
>>
>>321260234
Agree BUT it's a nintendo exclusive so.... GOAT
>>
>>321263358
> Literally almost EVERY kind of game can be boiled down to such.
True, he's undertaking a quest to save the world in a fantasy setting which is a characteristic of an RPG.

>There's no experience involved
the fact that this mechanic isn't implemented is what makes it a shallow experience

>where you find a ton of weapons or equipment which might be superior to what you currently have equipped
they attempted to do this with the 3 different shields and swords, they didn't go far enough again which is why it's a shallow

>I guess Grand Theft Auto III is an RPG then. :^)
It's an open world adventure game, much better than OoT in that regard

>>321263716
>>Dragon's Dogma
>soulless boring world with shit npcs
>shallow
More to explore and do in the world than in OoT and far more diverse character with dialogue and world building.

>Twilight Princess
>Does all these things >>321262769 (You) worse than OoT
In which ways does it not measure up to OoT?
>>
>>321260234
Metarru Gearu sorrid fayvo
>>
>>321260234
Agree. Maybe not to the same degree but it is overhyped. There were far better games released around the time of oot that blow it out of the water. If it weren't Zelda it wouldn't had caught any attention.
>>
>>321263931
Well obviously OoT beats games from its own era fucking retard, but thats cheating. Idiot.
>>
>>321263931
>IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME
Literally the only argument people ever come up with to defend it's shitty shallow gameplay
>>
Does it make anyone else slightly sad that people shitpost about certain games/movies/tv shows/books?

I'm not saying anything is perfect or infallible, but a part of me dies inside.
>>
>>321264120
Sorry idiot, try harder.
>>
File: ProJared.jpg (44 KB, 514x451) Image search: [Google]
ProJared.jpg
44 KB, 514x451
I played OOT when it first came out when I was 10 years old.
I will love it forever.
>>
Disagree. It definitely wears its age as bigger worlds and more polished animations and mechanics have been established since, but the core design elements of the game stands as tall as it ever has. The dungeons, pacing, items, sidequests, and story all hold up just fine in part of a good balance between simplicity and efficiency. OoT, at its core, is simply a very well-designed game, so much so that it's hard for time to take that away.
>>
>>321264295
>no counter argument
nice one

>>321264326
>babby immediately admits to loving it only because of nostalgia
lmao
>>
>>321263931
>it was good at the time
Stop. There are games that hold up even today and those should be considered good.

For example Mega Man X I still replay it from time to time
>>
>>321260234
The only thing that doesn't hold up is empty hyrule field.
>>
>>321264037
>I guess Grand Theft Auto III is an RPG then. :^)
>It's an open world adventure game
>OoT is not an open world adventure game

holy shit you can't be this stupid
>>
>>321264120
it was good then and its good now, the fact that even now games are still trying to equal it speaks volumes. for what they add in content they miss the mark on other aspects. OOT is a tight experience, quality > quantity. thats why its better than its competitors. and what OOT does lack, MM makes up for.

between those 2 games, no modern trash can compare.
>>
>>321264037
By your logic, Mega Man X is a RPG with its "level up" and "upgrade" system.

Pro tip: it isn't
>>
>>321264134

I legitimately get a little depressed anytime someone says they dislike Metroid Prime, Banjo-Kazooie, or the Megaman Legends games. I'd add MediEvil to that but I don't think I've ever come across someone that dislikes MediEvil.
>>
>>321260234
>OoT is a shallow action adventure RPG and when judged by today's standards doesn't hold up.

Your dick doesn't "hold up."
>>
>>321264489
OoT is a shitty shallow open world adventure game with badly implemented RPG mechanics. It fails on both accounts
>>
I'll always have a soft spot for Ocarina, but the hype always baffles me. Expecially when its considered a perfect masterpiece by so many, but its also a mainstream opinion Navi is annoying and the Water Temple is shit.
How does a perfect game have a totally shit level?
Ironically, I think OOT is overhyped but I actually like the Water Temple.
>>
>>321264490
>IT HAS SOUL!!!!
This is the stupidest argument so far
>>
>>321264037
>True, he's undertaking a quest to save the world in a fantasy setting which is a characteristic of an RPG.
But undertaking a quest to save the world in a fantasy setting doesn't automatically equate to an RPG in and of itself. That would literally just be the plot and setting.

>the fact that this mechanic isn't implemented is what makes it a shallow experience
Maybe the fact that the mechanic isn't implemented is because it's not actually an RPG, meaning a lack of a mechanic intrinsic to an entirely different genre doesn't take away from the experience? Just a thought.

>they attempted to do this with the 3 different shields and swords, they didn't go far enough again which is why it's a shallow
But the shields are superior for different reasons typical to an RPG. Being that there's no real defense stat, the shields find different uses. The wooden shield at the beginning of the game can get destroyed via fire, so it's a good idea to get the Hylian Shield as a kid, with the drawback being that it makes you less maneuverable when using it. As an adult, you have the Hylian Shield by default, but you need the Mirror Shield to solve certain puzzles involving light.

It's literally action-adventure progression rather than RPG progression, you fucking dipshit.

>It's an open world adventure game, much better than OoT in that regard
It's actually a completely different genre than OoT, since OoT was never open-world, with a completely different focus in gameplay. OoT is all about progression via finding dungeons, going through them, and solving puzzles. GTAIII has none of that.
>>
>>321264546
I had the original PS but never played it. Is there anyway to buy it on ps3?
>>
>>321260234
>todays standards
there is your problem. you shouldn't be measuring by "today's standards".

But to answer your retarded question, OOT is 8/10 at best. now fuck off.
>>
File: 1415208454850.jpg (14 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1415208454850.jpg
14 KB, 184x184
>>321260623
>>
File: rabbit ears.png (150 KB, 237x401) Image search: [Google]
rabbit ears.png
150 KB, 237x401
>>321264120
You've explained nothing.

Comparing it to modern titles is fucking retarded simply because hardware is completely different. There's so much you can do now with the vast amount of space compared to the size limitations/performance limitations of the time.

I never said it wasn't good anymore. It's still a good video game.
>>
>>321264702
Nigga what. You SHOULD measure all games by todays standards because guess what, some games do still hold
>>
>>321263048

>the world is empty

Confirmed for not playing the game and trying to have an opinion. Fuck off.
>>
File: uh huh.png (334 KB, 430x579) Image search: [Google]
uh huh.png
334 KB, 430x579
>>321264120
>>321264814
And to add onto my point, this was a time in the game industry when people were still fucking figuring out how to make 3D games that didn't handle like a tank in mud.
>>
>>321264702
>>321264814
>ITS NOT FAIR TO COMPARE IT TO OTHER GAMES THAT CAME OUT LATER
>IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME

Getting real tired of this argument
>>
>>321264648
where did I say that?
>>
>>321264814
Chrono Trigger, Mega Man games, Mario games, earlier Final Fantasy games all still hold up today.

There is nothing wrong with comparing it to modern titles
>>
>>321264981
I agree the controls are janky, how is this a positive?

>>321265002
>OOT is a tight experience, quality > quantity
>>
>>321264667

It should be on PSN for $6 or something. I'll forewarn you by saying that the camera and visuals are straight out of their time but holy shit, does MediEvil get a lot right elsewhere - humor, level design, artstyle, difficulty curve, weapon variety, and so on. It's legitimately one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>321265103
Confirmed retard
>>
File: mangle paddelball.gif (3 MB, 357x357) Image search: [Google]
mangle paddelball.gif
3 MB, 357x357
>>321264992
So you have no argument then. You just keep deflecting and not addressing anything.

Good waste of 15 minutes.
>>
Best Dungeons = Twilight Princess
Best Story/Characters = Majora's Mask
Best Combat = Skyward Sword
Best Pacing/Not wasting any fucking time on stupid shit like wrangling sheep and collecting spirit vessels = Link the the Past
Best first zelda people played = OOT
>>
>>321263931
It wasn't good for the time.
It was barely alright for the time.

>15fps
>very low resolution
>really bad menu system
>relatively bad graphic considering the above.
>dungeons were repetitive
>fairly meh storyline
>wonky controls

Consider that even within EAD, there were better looking games, pushing higher polygon counts, that ran at 30fps.
OOT was actually a pretty bad effort by EAD.

FF7 was a much better game and more deserving of its priase, but even it's overhyped as fuck.

Syphon Filter, now there was a game good for its time.
>>
You can tell when all the babies have off from school for winter break. There's some bad shitposting going around
>>
>>321265312
Do you even play games or just look at them?
>>
File: 1419527940335.jpg (63 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1419527940335.jpg
63 KB, 520x638
>>321261560
>I just think its not very good
>titles thread "over hyped garbage"
>>
>>321265192
What am I supposed to be adressing? In fact you're the one who's deflecting and saying that you can't compare it to modern standards and that it broke ground at the time it was released
>>
>>321262769

wat?
>>
>>321265152
What kind of humor is it? I know nothing about the game except that you play as a talll Skeleton with a sword. And everyone loves it apparently.
>>
>>321265414
I don't it's very good, it's overhyped garbage. That doesn't mean I hate it. If I was forced to sit down and play I wouldn't start screaming, I've even completed it twice before
>>
>>321265243

>SS
>better combat than TP

Glorified sword puzzles does not make for good combat, especially considering how many of TP's new mechanics it stripped away. Even then, what good ideas SS implemented combat-wise are downplayed in the vast majority of instances by comically childish AI patterns. Only enemies like Ghirahim or Stalfos were worth much of anything in the combat department.
>>
>RPG

It's not an RPG though.
>>
>>321260623
I'd like to know too
>>
>>321265549
>can no longer slash while running
for this reason alone TP is better than SS
>>
>>321262585
why do japanese people hate apples
>>
>>321264814
It's not thought when oot is more open world than skyward. It's not when ff7 has a bigger world map than ffx onwards. It's not when tenchu is better than modern stealth. It's fair when gears has more of an interactive battle system than blade It's almost unfair to compare to modern counter parts These games still hold up
>>
>>321265381
>hurr if don't accept bad coding you must just be a graphicx whore

This meme again.

Even by the standards of the time it was bad, and for no real reason either.
Mario64 pushes more polygons, actually somehow manages to push more textures and still runs in a higher resolution mode and at 30fps.

Moving from 3D games running at silky 60hz to 15fps was absolutely jarring at the time.
30fps didn't look as good, but it was accepted due to the power of the hardware of the time.

15fps was never acceptable.
>>
Op confirmed for no soul
>>
>>321260234
>i didnt play the game until 15 years after it came out, i dont understand why it was 10/10 for its time
>>
>>321260234
No, it has qualities that are found only in other Zelda games, and even compared to them it does some elements the best.
The game is about pacing and level design, and those things are timeless
>>
File: 1450238313492.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1450238313492.gif
2 MB, 400x267
>>321264037
>exp system is prerequisite for interesting gaming
>>
>>321260234
> ITT: overhyped garbage
Undertale.
>>
Zelda games have never been RPG games. This shitty bait thread. They're just fucking action adventure games. Trying to say that the game is "shallow" is a dumb argument that I really don't understand. You run around and explore, get some items and find shit to do. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
>>321265439
Exactly, everything in every medium released before 2015 has been outclassed by modern standards
>>
>>321265695
mario64 has significantly less draw distance and size or scale
>>
>>321265702
>IT HAS SOUL

>>321265735
>IT WAS GOOD FOR THE TIME

I'm laughing irl right now, you people are ridiculous
>>
>>321265776
They literally have, better hardware and better engines make for a deeper and more compelling experience
>>
>>321265530

Mostly a whimsical but dark humor, largely at Dan's expense. For example, Dan is wrongfully heralded as a hero that slayed a powerful wizard when in reality he was the first to fall in battle. Arrow to the eye you see, hence the missing eye. Now the gargoyle statues that talk to you throughout the game give you tons of shit for it, but over the course of the game they start easing up on you (albeit in disbelief) as you start actually proving your potential mettle as a hero. Really, the statues are some of the best "characters" in the games but it's not just them that know his story.
>>
>>321260234
>today's standards

Today's standards are that a 3-hour piece of shit pixel indie game full of memes and gay characters, and with hollow gameplay, is "GOTY" on the Internet.

Today's standards are thus trash.
>>
>>321265840
Right, and the Iliad and Odyssey suck because I can watch O Brother, Where Art Thou, right?
>>
>>321265762
This, although Zelda 2 was at least an RPG.

Even still, Zelda games have never been RPG games otherwise. That was always a misconception, as there are no role-playing elements.

It's pretty stupid since LoZ was always one of the series that fucking wrote the book on action-adventure game design too.
>>
Link to the Past is fucking boring. OoT aged well.
>>
>>321260234
I think it holds up perfectly fine. I played it for the first time last October and it was by far the best game I had played in years.
>>
>>321265546
Why would you finish a game twice if you don't think it's very good

I can understand doing a full playthrough to get an idea about the whole game but fug m8
>>
>>321261560
>>321260234
I fucking knew it was you. I don't care if you read the rest of this I just want you to know I recognized you from 2 fucking posts you miserable blight of existence.

You're the faggot from the other OoT thread that kept trying to compare OoT to fucking Witcher 3 and dragons dogma.

Thanks for revealing yourself early so I dont have to waste my time reading this thread.

Dude You're a flat out jaded cynical contrarian piece of shit that doesn't understand how standards work. OoT is an amazing game by todays standards and if you weren't so god damn young and ignorant you wouldn't be trying to compare it to modern games instead of judging it based purely on its merits and flaws.

Heres a few merits for you to think about: completeness, masterpeice soundtrack, perfectly paced story and richness in depth an nuance. Combat is fleshed out perfectly for servicing the gameplay and its mechanics. Every item serves several purposes and practically every piece of the world is the same way, fitting perfectly and enhancing the war and overall canon of zelda by the grace of its fucking existence.

Now tell me how this fucking game is shallow. Explain to me the lack of depth you seem to have completely fucking made up.

This game is a god damned masterpiece and I'm sick of you ignorant contrarian shitheads trying to convince other ignorant people to adopt your very shit and poorly based opinion.

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>321265616
I was so sad to see it go
>>
>>321260234
disagree, played it the first time like a month ago and it deserves it's reputation. It's excellent.
>>
>>321265086
>turn based RPGs
>Good
>side scroller shooter, glorified contra arcade games
>good
>mario
top kek
>>
>>321265965
Yeah, those 5 hour games with four hours of cutscenes and 30 minutes of QTE are stunning triumphs of art and storytelling
>>
>>321266278
World instead of war.

God damn I really hope you're actually stupid enough to carry such an ignorant ass opinion instead of just being a shitter trying to bait me.

Because god damn it you've rustled me something fierce.
>>
>>321264037
>they attempted to do this with the 3 different shields and swords, they didn't go far enough again which is why it's a shallow

wrong

1 sword is for kid
1 sword is for adult

1 shield is for kid
1 shield is for adult

1 sword is a cool unlock with a tradeoff
1 shield is a puzzle solver
>>
>>321266278
I agree with pretty much every thing you said there, but chill out man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
>>
>>321264992
Then how about responding to one of the other arguments, you idiot: >>321264657

SNES era games tend to age better because they were made at the peak of the 2D era. Ocarina of Time was made at the birth of 3D, and it was an amazing game for it's time. Sorry you're too stupid to realize this.
>>
EH REH
>>
>>321266653
I know I do, but I sperged worse last time and was robbed of getting the chance to BTFO this guy. The thread closed right when I finished my post.

It was a ridiculous wall of text explaining as neatly as I could why calling OoT "Shallow" is the stupidest fucking thing you could say about damn near any videogame.

God damn I hate mindless contrarianism. I really shouldn't be on /v/
>>
I like OoT because it primarily discusses how the world changes in time, or in memory. How when we're younger things are more ideal---our responsibilities are smaller and more lighthearted. We're unable to see the cold, uncaring parts of the world; the game saves its evil in the first half for something corruptive, something lingering in the backbone of our societies, eating it from within (whether it's within the elder of the society, or the source of food or water). When you grow up, it's all fucked up, and all you want to do is restore it to the way you remembered it as a kid---because that's all you knew.
>>
>>321266763
>Then how about responding to one of the other arguments, you idiot: >>321264657 (You)
Kek, I did find it funny how he completely and totally ignored my post.

Dude has no ground to stand on and anyone who thinks OoT is an RPG, as well as the Zelda series in general, is a moron.
>>
>>321266653
But I feel better now. I got my chance to tell this dude hes the ultimate mindless fuckhead like I wanted to.

Im gonna go play OoT in spite and eventually get to enjoying it again like always.

Thanks and have a second (you) chillguy
>>
>>321267010

Interesting interpretation of the story and themes but I don't think OP's gonna care much.
>>
>>321267195
He wont, hes too busy being far too retarded to understand things as simple as genres.
>>
>>321267010
Very interesting analysis.

OoT has one of my favorite plots in vidya ever, despite being very simplistic and ultimately, rather straight-forward. But it works as a basic Hero's Journey kind of tale.

And the dialogue is fantastic. Any time Sheik says anything, it's magical. Brilliant writing.
>>
File: OoT.jpg (3 MB, 1914x2500) Image search: [Google]
OoT.jpg
3 MB, 1914x2500
The fact that threads about it still regularly go to bump limit and every contrarian piece of shit on earth is quick to tell you how overrated it is, should tell you how great it is.
>>
File: ojou confirmed for SFV.jpg (18 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
ojou confirmed for SFV.jpg
18 KB, 624x351
>>321260623
>>321260623
10/10
>>
>>321266278
>abloo bloo bloo you hurt my fee fees
Are you the guy I BTFO last night three times before you finally gave up replying? fucking kek

The game is shallow because you only get one primary weapon, with which you can use only 4 attacks, items are useless outside of their respective dungeons and the overworld has nothing to do aside from collectibles. The lore isn't well fleshed out, the controls are ass garbage, first person aiming with an N64 controller is a horrible nightmare. There are literally no character arcs and the game has two sidequests of note.

Would you like to name a couple of the ways that the game has depth, literally no one ITT or the thread last night were able to do so
>>
>>321266763
>SNES era games tend to age better because they were made at the peak of the 2D era
>IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME

Do you really want me to reply to every single poster that says the exact same thing?
>>
>>321267473
This. Many on /v/ can't bring themselves to like something popular. It's a big part of why Majora's Mask is so openly loved despite being much of the same, but shorter.
>>
>>321267010
If this was intentional then that's interesting. I sincerely doubt that it is though
>>
>>321264040
>never names any
lmao
>>
File: autism.png (51 KB, 338x288) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
51 KB, 338x288
>>321267917
Why are you so obsessed with "depth"? Is it because of your crippling autism? By that metric everything but RPGs are bad games.
>>
>>321267473
Literally all I'm asking for is for someone to explain the alleged depth this game has. I'm becoming more and more convinced it's pure nostalgia as the only argument anyone has is that "IT WAS GOOD FOR THE TIME"
>>
>>321268189
>le ad hominem in place of arguments
how fucking mad are you right that I've been BTFOing you for 2 days straight?
>>
>>321268224
M8 you make this exact post in every fucking thread. You either are very dedicated to shitposting, or are genuinely on the autism spectrum.
>>
File: 1340528941919.png (121 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
1340528941919.png
121 KB, 500x441
>>321268224
You're being standoffish in the first place. Any point presented is going to be handwaved or downplayed because now you're in a place you need to defend yourself. You're not being disregarded because there's nothing good to be said of it. You just already have your own opinions and it's clear you're going to fight for them.
>>
File: sperg.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
sperg.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>321268297
I'm not that guy from yesterday autismo, and you didn't explain why depth is the only measurement for a games quality.
>>
>>321268367
>>321268391
>still no explanation as to why this game has any depth

do you or do you not agree that OoT is a shallow game? If not then explain why. This shouldn't be difficult
>>
>>321268497
It's not, my opening statement was that OoT is a shallow game. People were trying to say it isn't without giving reasons
>>
>>321267917
>items are useless outside of their respective dungeons
We're not talking about Twilight Princess here.
>>
>>321268576
What do you mean by shallow? What would be a deep game? Give a few examples of each so I know how to explain this to you.
>>
>>321264586
Water Temple isn't bad, it's too hard for baby gamers of today is all.

I love Navi and don't get the complaints about her desu.
>>
>>321268507
Explain "depth." What are you looking for? Story depth? It hides details of the plot around that you might miss, like the dying soldier in the backalley. Gameplay depth? There's quite a few things to do in this world, minigames, secrets up the ass, and even subtle ways to effect the environment like larger monsters coming after you kill 10 or so smaller ones. Level depth? There's a healthy amount of dungeons in this game that all have a lot of rooms to explore. Even the overworld has stuff tucked all over. Gameplay depth? There's a million ways to interact with enemies, and many items have shockingly many uses over the course of the game. Certain enemies are weak against things you'd never expect, etc.

So what kind of depth are you interested in?
>>
>>321265625
I've heard that their throats are too soft to handle the apple skin. It explains why they're always peeling them.
>>
>>321267917
>The game is shallow because you only get one primary weapon, with which you can use only 4 attacks
The combat is perfectly fleshed out for how it adds to the main game mechanics. The depth is in figuring out how to take on each enemy, as mashing B will get you killed and some enemies are immune to the sword.

>tems are useless outside of their respective dungeons and the overworld has nothing to do aside from collectibles.
Wrong, each item has several uses. Hammer for example is potent in combat being the best tool vs Dark Link. Ice Arrows are very good against Bongo Bongo. The 3 magic are handy despite being optional.

>The lore isn't well fleshed out
Fucking LOL. The lore was great and told organically. Tidbits like Sheikah stones, etc.

>the controls are ass garbage, first person aiming with an N64 controller is a horrible nightmare.
You're ass garbage at the game, the controls are good.

>There are literally no character arcs
Every character had their own distinct arc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceOGxM5sDY8

> the game has two sidequests of note.
Masks is a fantastic sidequest, Gerudo training ground is good, biggoron sword, poes, Kakariko cucco gathering, etc.
>>
>>321268795
Oops, I said gameplay a couple times. Wonder if that's going to be used to disregard everything I pointed out.
>>
>>321265086
Good thing that Ocarina of Time holds up even better than those titles do you cuck
>>
>>321268772
Navi being awful was just a meme that grew out of innacurate memories of children.
>>
>>321265086
How do any of those games compare with OoT? They aren't remotely the same. At least try to compare it to something similar, so we know it's not just because you hate this particular genre.
>>
>>321266173
I like you.
>>
>>321260234
I disagree 100%
>>
>>321268970
The best part is Navi only chimes in most of the time when you are clearly lost. When retards complain about her its because they got lost and the game inadvertently called them a dumbass.
>>
>>321268795
You're the first poster to actually try and argue the point in 2 thread. Legitimately well done for being able to stay on point.

>It hides details of the plot around that you might miss, like the dying soldier in the backalley
That's hardly adding depth to the story, it's a small detail in the gameworld. Doesn't stop the story from being a very basic "hero on a quest to save the world" storyline.

>There's quite a few things to do in this world
There really isn't, collectibles and minigames doesn't make the world deep. There is nothing you can do to actually affect the gameworld. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only two instances I can think of that aren't directly tied to story progression are starting up the windmill and planting seeds so they become plants later. There is a grand total of 2 sidequests of any note

>There's a million ways to interact with enemies
being able to chuck a deku nut to render your opponent unable to guard does not equal depth in combat. There is no incentive to use anything in combat other than the sword and shield outside of being numbingly bored and wanting something new to do
>>
>>321267010
There are themes relative to childhood and growing up in a bunch of Zelda games including OoT, MM, aLttP, and Link's Awakening at least.
>>
>>321267917
Im the guy that BTFO literally everything you said in that thread and left because you never replied to me or the other three dudes who were calling you out on your dumb bullshit.

>One primary weapon
Wrong, you get three
>Only 4 attacks.
Again, blatantly wrong.
>Items are useless outside of their dungeons.
Yet another wrong statement that anyone whos actually played the game can verify.
>Overworld has nothing to do aside from collectables.
Its not supposed to you dipshit its a progressive adventure game, not an RPG.

Are you still stuck on every game having to be like skyrim with loads of meaningless shit to do on its map to appease your feeble brain and its puny attention span?

Apparently so.

>The lore isn't well fleshed out
This post just keeps getting better and better when it comes to being so fucking insanely wrong.
>Controls are garbage.
Opinion, impossible to measure and somehow still wrong.
>First person aiming on n64
Fucking irrelevant, quit trying to save your ass now, you're way to deep in your own bullshit at this point.
>No character arcs
Since when do Action adventure games have to have character arcs and sidequests? And Theres waaaay fucking more than just 2 sidequests you dipshit. Something tells me you had to fight ganon with like 5 heart containers because you never did the quests for the peices.

Because you might not have even played the god damn game.

>Because nobody ITT or the thread last night were able to do so.
>>321266278
>>321266648
>>321264657
>>321265192
>>321263358

You keep ignoring all the posts that have obliterated your irrelevant dribble and are blatantly lying now.

You keep trying to bring up completely mute points that all get repeatedly based down by more than just me, which you fucking ignore because you've lost the arguement a long time ago. You've failed in every possible way to explain how OoT is Objectively shallow.

And you'll continue to fail. You will always be garbage, stay mad, and get fucked.
>>
>>321262769
>character undertaking a quest
Forza Horizon: work your way up the ladder against various opponents in increasing difficulty, to become a master at what you do, gaining respect and money.
Level up as you progress through the quest, unlocking new and better cars, bonuses and extras.
>variety of items and armour that can be switched out
Replace engine and suspension parts to gain advantage against your enemies in races.
>open world which encourages exploration
Explore the open territory, find races to unlock, invite other players to instant challanges, take scenic photos and other fun stuff.

Forza Horizon 10/10 RPG of the year.
>>
>>321261874
/thread
>>
>play witcher 3 and bloodborne
>love them because they remind me of OoT
>replay OoT to see if it's still good
>love it

feels good to not suffer from depression
>>
>>321267917

Heres yet ANOTHER guy that blew you straight the fuck out.

But you're just gonna say you didn't and ignore it to avoid being wrong since last night.
>>
File: 1412200072063.gif (996 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1412200072063.gif
996 KB, 200x199
>Zelda
>RPG
>>
>>321260234
>>
>>321269425
must feel good not being retarded like OP either.
>>
>>321269202
>story must fit my rigid definition of "strictly what happens in cutscenes"

kek
>>
>>321266278
>>321267917
>>321269293
these are hilarious keep it up
>>
>>321269202
No, he isn't. You've purposefully disregarded a number of well thought out posts throughout this thread and probably the last one, because you know you're full of shit.
>>
>>321260234
Disagree. I played it for the first time in 2011 and I fucking loved it. It's brilliant. It was honestly a wonderful and refreshing break from the games I was playing in 2010 and early 2011. It made me wonder why I hadn't been into Zelda when I was growing up.
>>
>>321269376
>>321269293
>>321269202

OP BTFO. Hes clearly ignoring being wrong. This is amazing.
>>
>>321269202
>no biggoron's sword
>no megaton hammer
>no hookshot stun a guy into quickspin on your sword

M8, did you even play the game?

>the definitive version of the Hero's Journey
>basic save the world storyline

Right, because dragon's dogma which you use as an example so often has such a compelling plot
>there is a dragon
>kill the dragon
>weeb clusterfuck ending
>>
>>321268865
>as mashing B will get you killed and some enemies are immune to the sword.
nah, you can literally stand there and use to stab to kill enemies in a couple hits. There are a few exceptions but the majority of encounters are just waiting for an opening and then hammering the b button

>Wrong, each item has several uses
the only items you are likely to use outside their dungeons are hookshot, bow and bombs. The hammer is outclassed by the biggoron sword in every way

>The lore was great
You can like it if you want but it's lacking in depth and you know it

> the controls are good
>defending first person aiming
It's an ergonomic fact that the N64 controller is bad for this

>a shitty 2deep4u gametheory youtube video
I'm not watching that

>Gerudo training ground is good
minigame
>poes
collectibles
> Kakariko cucco gathering
small quest, that isn't of note
>>
>>321260234
Wholeheartedly disagree.

Today's action adventure games are utter shit in comparison. Weather it's content, gameplay or music.

Call me a nostalgia-fag all you want.
>>
File: 1401773164491.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1401773164491.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Let me get this off my chest.
I absolutely loved this game the first time I played it. BUT, it's not a fun game to replay. Especially if you've played it numerous times. Still a great game, but I personally prefer 2D Zeldas. Also, Zelda II is a great game.
>>
>>321269293
dont worry op is retarded
>>
>>321269202
>Doesn't stop the story from being a very basic "hero on a quest to save the world" storyline.
This is unfair of you to boil the game down to. It's more akin to "Hero tries to protect a magical relic from the hands of a warlord from the desert, fails, and is flung 7 years in the future where he must defeat him at the height of his strength in a world that fell apart."

Boiling everything down to "save the world" can be said for 99.99% of games, give or take the scope of the battle. It would nearly take casting aside playing the "good guy" to be unable to use this description, and Zelda really shouldn't be Grand Theft Auto.

>Correct me if I'm wrong
I'm going to have to correct you. There is a sidequest for capturing special Poes, there is a sidequest for racing to the Kokiri forest (which turns out to be bullshit, but it's something to do). There is a quest for hunting skulltulla tokens. There is a quest for getting the best sword in the game, which is actually pretty involved. There is a "quest" for getting the biggest fish. Your definition of "affecting the gameworld" is pretty limiting if you don't consider any of these real side quests.

>There is no incentive to use anything in combat
Arrows instantly kill skulltullas, even if slingshot has no effect. Hookshot can stun many enemies. There's probably a million others too.
>>
>>321269821
>Ignores that he got proven wrong about having only 1 primary weapon
>Ignores that he got proven wrong about claiming that items are only usefull in their dungeons, saying now that bombs, hookshot, and bow somehow magically are now.
>Lores lacking in depth and Im not gonna explain how because I'm incompetent.

You just can't accept the fact that you're wrong, can you? You're childish as hell.
>>
>>321269293
>Im the guy that BTFO literally everything you said in that thread and left because I ran out of counter arguments
FTFY

>Wrong, you get three
they all function the same
>Again, blatantly wrong.
you get a stab, a jump attack, a slash and a spin what other attacks can you do with the sword?
>Its not supposed to you
so it lacks depth? glad we agree

>have replied to all those posts except the ones arguing semantics
lmao nice attempt
>>
>>321269909
I agree with you on everything except I respectfully disagree about it being not fun to replay. Zelda II absolutely is a very good game.
>>
>>321269821
>the only items you are likely to use outside their dungeons are hookshot, bow and bombs. The hammer is outclassed by the biggoron sword in every way
Just becuase you had no intuition and didn't think to use all the items at your disposal doesn't mean you can't. I had a friend who tried to kill the poes sisters hiding in the paintings in the Forest Temple using the deku nuts.

>small quest, that isn't of note
Do you move goalposts for a living?
>>
>>321269376
Forza isn't even remotely anything like OoT I don't understand what point you're attempting to make
>>
>>321270016
>You're childish as hell
You're the one defending a NINTENDO game
I give all these OBJECTIVE FACTS and you fucking retards just shit in a circle and eat it

Fuck all of you, I'm fucking done
>>
>>321270091
didn't you defend skyrim, a game whose melee combat is literally swinging your weapon left and right, and occasionally overhead?
>>
>>321270091
You didn't reply to those posts

fuck off retard
>>
>>321269425
These threads are making me want to boot up my 3DS and do a 100% run right now. They keep reminding me how good OoT was. Maybe I'll start a new file on Christmas.
>>
>>321269909
occarina of time is probably the most replayed game for me
>>
>>321270180
>Fuck all of you, I'm fucking done being retarded
good riddance faggot
>>
>>321269746
>you can use A BIGGER SWORD
>you can use A WORTHLESS ITEM
>you can use AN ITEM TO RENDER YOUR OPPONENT UNABLE TO GUARD

This doesn't add any noticeable depth

>the definitive version of the Hero's Journey
you're delusional if you believe this, there are stories going back hundreds of years that defined the Hero's Journey

>dragon's dogma which you use as an example so often has such a compelling plot
Was actually using it as a gameplay comparison, their plots are equally shallow with DD having more characters and better world building.
>>
>>321270091
>All function the same
No they don't. They all have different mechanics and ranges.
>What other attacks
The quickspin and the dash stab.
>So it lacks depth
No it doesn't you're just clearly mentally deficient and don't know what depth is.

>Have replied to all of them
Just because you replied saying "No you're wrong" without explaining why, and clearly ignoring valid points against you, doesn't mean you havent been getting BTFO since this thread started.

And your replies have all been exactly like this one, damage control.

>>321270016
Stay assblasted and wrong OP.
>>
File: are you have problem.jpg (85 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
are you have problem.jpg
85 KB, 550x550
>>321270442
I thought you said you were done getting BTFO lmao
>>
>>321270180
ebin falseflag attempt
>>
File: 1401647038052.gif (343 KB, 348x291) Image search: [Google]
1401647038052.gif
343 KB, 348x291
>>321270442
>Megaton Hammer
>worthless
I honestly cannot believe you just said that.
>>
>>321270180
holy shit you're delusional as fuck
>>
It's been a long time since I've seen an OP get so badly annihilated.
>>
>>321270102
>>321270269
I don't know, maybe it's just me. I probably got burnt out trying to play it so much. Yet, I've never felt this way when replaying a 2D Zelda for some reason.
>>
>>321262304
>twilight princess
>better than oot
Oh baby the memesters are out in full force.
>>
â–²
â–² â–²
>>
>>321270442
>>321269821
>>321269202

>This doesn't add depth but I can't explain why because I have autism.
>These reasons you've given me that clearly give depth to the gameplay somehow don't because I say so.

>>321270180
>Objective facts
Pfffahahahaha

I really hope you are done OP. I really don't want to have to keep coming to these threads to push your shit in.
>>
>>321270464
>No they don't. They all have different mechanics and ranges.
Are you actually trying to deny that MS and KS have the same moveset and that MS is a direct upgrade

>The quickspin and the dash stab.
quickspin is technically another move so I'll give you that, if we're including that then we might as well throw in all the variations of the spin. If every other move had the same number of variations then combat would indeed have significant depth. Have never heard of a dash stab, is this an exploit?

>le damage control meme
any other buzzwords you wanna throw out? how about calling me underage and reddit
>>
>>321270173
It's an RPG
>>
>>321270442
>using a two handed sword is the same as a one handed sword
>using an item to render your opponent unable to guard doesn't add depth to combat

What the flying fuck does then?

>heroes journey

forgot to add modern in there
>>
>>321265243
This, except for combat.
>>
>>321270126
>Do you move goalposts for a living?
I never disputed there was more than 2 sidequests only that there was 2 of note. How is that goal post moving?
>>
>>321270663
While TP tried to be OoT and failed, I have to say that sand dragon was the most fun I've had in a boss fight in a very long time

and that sky temple boss holy shit
>>
>>321270602
biggoron sword is better for literally everything, fite me

>>321270734
They add depth, nothing game changing though. Majority of encounters you will be standing around waiting for your chance to spam stab at the enemy. The only reason you would employ any of the other options is if you're pissbored and want to try something else. There are no enemies that require specific counters or anything like that which would add DEPTH
>>
>>321271015
TP almost succeeded at being OOT, I just wish your path crossed a few more interesting NPC's who impacted the plot. Ultimately, I wasn't attached to much of anyone. Wind Waker did this better at least. Also, it needed sidequests that mattered more than "extra ruppees." Even a ruppee powered suit wasn't enough to make all that extra cash necessary.
>>
>>321270841
>deny same moveset
No. I'm telling you they have different mechanics and ranges, which they do, but you're too damn retarded to look up and recognize because you clearly didn't play the game.
>Ill give you that
Damn right you will because you're fucking wrong.
>If ____ had ____ Then it would indeed have depth
See you have to fucking PROVE that, which is something you've yet to do this entire thread.

>Buzzwords
Yeah keep changing the subject and ignoring the rest of my points. Keep showing how inept you really are.
I don't need to call you underage. You've made that pretty apparent yourself. And even retards on reddit know OoT isn't "Shallow" by any means. I don't know where you crawled out of.
>>
>>321271179
>large skulltula
>iron knuckles
>gerudo
>mummies

I could go on, but holy fuck dude, have you even played this game?
>>
>>321271179
So now they add depth but not enough for you?

Have you been BTFO so hard you're starting to redact your points as if you never made them to protect your truncated anus?
>>
>>321271309
you mean that kokiri sword has an inferior range? that's the only difference between those two. Biggoron has an obviously different moveset

>prove something that isn't provable
lol ok then

>ur le underage
every time.

>>321271370
>large skulltula
wait for them to attack then mash b
>iron knuckles
>gerudo
>mummies
run past them
>>
File: oot 41.webm (647 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
oot 41.webm
647 KB, 320x240
>>321269821
>nah, you can literally stand there and use to stab to kill enemies in a couple hits.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>321271456
>So now they add depth but not enough for you?
Yes, the combat is still shallow

>more ad hominem shit
lmao ok then
>>
>>321271370
I'll help.
>Beamos
>Wallmasters
>Keese
>Poes
>Dodongos
>>
File: 1234186586947.jpg (82 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1234186586947.jpg
82 KB, 720x480
>this thread
>>
>>321271627
>not using stab
nice one
>>
>>321271548
>wait for them to attack then mash b
That's usually what a counter is. I could simplify the combat in your favourite game to such a bare description if I felt like it too, but that doesn't mean that either of us are accurately describing any combat.
>>
File: heavy.jpg (34 KB, 568x377) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
34 KB, 568x377
>>321260234
It doesn't matter how good of a game it would be now. By its time it was a master piece. I personally didn't like the gritty and smudgy colors so i never played it back then. But I bought the 3DS version and it still is fun, i gotta say.
It isn't the holy grail of Zelda games though since i had much more fun with the phantom hour glass and link between worlds.
>>
I think you should kill yourself you fucking faggot LOL
>>
>>321271740
>IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME
I'm not even going to read the rest of your garbage post
>>
>>321260234
>shallow
did you even play it?
>>
>>321271548
>OoT Doesn't have Depth!
>Wait I have to explain why everything people claimed in this thread adds depth DOESN'T actually add depth?
>But wait I can't do that.
>Oh okay guys so it adds depth but not enough

pathetic.

>Every time
Yeah I imagine you get it a lot.
>>
>>321271179
You've been playing too much DS
>>
>>321271779
As if I care.
If you did you'd know how shitty and unnecessary your post is.
>>
>>321271798
Dont bother reading the thread. He didn't play it.
>>
ITT: "I don't understand context."

I'm not going to say that Ocarina of Time is an amazing game, but saying that something would be judged differently if released at a different time is really fucking obvious and not even worth stating. It's evident.
>>
I can't imagine getting rekt this hard is very fun, OP. You have my pity.
>>
>>321271808
If you took the time to read through the thread you would find that I was directly comparing it games like DaS, Dragons Dogma, Witcher 3 and Twilight Princess which have far more depth.

By todays standards OoT is a shitty shallow game, get over it
>>
File: wheel-of-stone-p.com-78486995.jpg (3 MB, 2121x1414) Image search: [Google]
wheel-of-stone-p.com-78486995.jpg
3 MB, 2121x1414
>>321260234
overhyped garbage

Stone wheel is a heavy, slow, transportation method and when judged by today's standards doesn't hold up. Agree of disagree?
>>
Anyone who think OoT is bad is most likely a faggot hipster.
>>
>>321271548
or you could use your bow to kill them instantly, or throw bombs at the knuckles to break their armor out of their melee range, or use a fucking fire arrow, or dins flame, or a goddamn stick light on fire to kill the mummy but no, you're a shitposting retard who hasn't actually played the game
>>
>>321271883
Played it through twice, if you had read the thread you would know this :)
>>
>>321271740
>i had much more fun with the phantom hour glass
If there was anywhere that other fag should've invalidated your post at it was here.
>>
>>321271937
agree

>>321271972
>you can do these things instead of the easiest and most effective strategy
or you could not waste your time trying to artificially add depth to a shallow game
>>
>>321271921
but all those games combat are shallow, all you do is run past the enemies or wait for an attack and mash x
>>
Reminder that the OP didn't play the game. He's just a shitposter.
>>
>>321272048
>large skulltula
>easiest and most effective strategy is to use the fucking arrows instead of standing there waiting for them like a goddamn retard
>>
>>321271937
Totally agree. Doesn't even have tire. Must have been shit back then, and in no way contributed anything positive to todays situation.
>>
Played the 3DS version for the first time last year and I thought it was fairly decent even by todays laughable standards. FFVII was better though.
>>
File: movingthegoalposts.jpg (28 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
movingthegoalposts.jpg
28 KB, 300x240
>>321272048
So now its "artificial" depth
>>
>>321271548
>large skulltula
Wait until they turn their back to you, stab
Cook a bomb and throw it at the fucker
Shoot it with arrow straight to the face
>iron knuckles
Strafe, jumping attack to the back
Z-target and backflip when the axe comes down, punish the fuck out of it
Set a bomb and lure it into it as a trap
Song of Storms to rust its armor
>gerudo
Block, stab
Z-target side jump and stab
>mummies
Throw a bomb from a safe distance
Boomerang or longshot to stun, follow up with quick slashes
Fire or light arrows

Fuck you faggot the only thing you've made me do is want to play it and I only have the 3DS version
>>
>>321271921
I took the time to read the thread and realize that you couldn't refute a single bit of evidence that nearly a dozen people threw at you to explain the depth of this game.

that you refused to recognize, and are still refusing by ignoring what actually happened in the thread and running back to a comparison of games that aren't even the same genre or type of game as OoT.

>Inb4 "IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME" Hurr Im not gonna read your post cus Im wrong.

Keep running back to your apples and oranges fallacies, but literally everyone here a this point knows you're retarded, probably haven't played the game, and now everyone that somehow didn't know, knows that OoT is, in fact, Not shallow at all.

And by Todays standards OoT is still minimum 8/10. Stay mad about it.
>>
>>321271937
Also really lacking in depth.
>>
>>321272298
>song of storms

Wait, really?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 376x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 376x419
>>321260623
>>
>>321272048
How the fuck would you know the most effective strategy when you have clearly never played the game? In most cases using items is more efficient than just the sword.
>>
>ITT:Egoraptor dickrider hasn't even played the games and looks retarded
>>
>>321272298
Wow look at the different ways to kill enemies, which is not at all depth because I say so.
>>
>>321272052
nope

>>321272159
>opening up your menu and cycling through to find arrows and then equipping and firing them is more effective than waiting half a second for the brain dead AI to attempt an attack and mashing b until it's dead
>>
ITT: OPie gets BTFO.
>>
>>321272445
>not keeping arrows equipped 99% of the game
Don't be retarded.
>>
>>321272445
>Not having bow in one of your C-slots forever after getting it
So what you're telling me is not only have you not finished it, you were bad at it too.
>>
>>321272445
Yep
>>
File: 1450593688306.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450593688306.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
>>321260623
>>
>>321272445
>nope

B-b-because I say so!

2deep4me
>>
File: 1345301705275.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1345301705275.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>321265840

I said OP had no soul, not that Ocarina of Time had soul.

Can you read? Clearly not. OP is a fucking faggot. Now check this 4.
>>
>>321272324
>I took the time to read the thread and realize that you couldn't refute a single bit of evidence that nearly a dozen people threw at you to explain the depth of this game.
the first 100 posts were arguing semantics, I've replied to any serious discussion of depth so far

>that you refused to recognize, and are still refusing by ignoring what actually happened in the thread and running back to a comparison of games that aren't even the same genre or type of game as OoT.
blatantly untrue

>more ad hominem

>Todays standards OoT is still minimum 8/10.
If the game dropped in 2015 nowhere would give it an 8/10 you're delusional if you think this

>>321272407
>YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT
nice way to avoid criticism
>>
>>321272383
I'm pretty sure that only works in MM
>>
>>321272569
>>321272560
>you have to play in this specific way for it to be good
lmao ok then

>>321272461
>if I keep saying it, then it becomes true
No one ITT has been able to keep pace. I've had a dozen or so IT WAS GOOD AT THE TIME and a handful of people attempting serious discussion but they're getting so assblasted that it's basically just a wave of insults
>>
File: 1361056213165.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1361056213165.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
It's nice to see /v/ appreciates Ocarina of Time even though it's a popular game. Even if it took people shitting on OP's terrible opinions to prove it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.