[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRAILS OF COLD STEEL THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
Some shit to discuss:

>How far have you gotten so far?
>Are you ready to strangle Machias and Jusis yet?
>ITT we talk about how Fie was a Jaeger
>Initial thoughts on the game/story/combat?
>How does it compare to the Sky games?
>>
>>321259237

gameplay is way better at least. i think i like it more than fc so far at least.
>>
Waiting on Santa anon.... And by Santa I mean my job to start on the 18th . Beat SC yesterday and need more Trails in my life.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 780x770
heh
>>
NOBLES GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>321259237
>321259237
>Some shit to discuss:
>How far have you gotten so far?
About an hour in. Slightly passed the prologue
>Are you ready to strangle Machias and Jusis yet?
Nope. Just walked into the military building

>Initial thoughts on the game/story/combat?
Game - I'm enjoy it. Gonna pick up where I left off and play till I fall asleep.

Story. Seems promising haven't been exposed to to many waifus yet so curently undecided. Leaning toward the so far unnamed Teacher.

Combat - sky + 3d. I like so far.

To soon to tell. Hope the 3d didn't sacrifice content.
>>
>>321260721
How long is SC?
>>
>>321259237

- started playing
- combat system looks good

playing on PSTV, colors look kinda washed out and blurry, I guess the game looks better on a Vita where the small screen helps out with the resolution.
>>
File: legnthofSC.png (282 KB, 472x320) Image search: [Google]
legnthofSC.png
282 KB, 472x320
>>321261523

I tend to play on the faster side of HLTB times. Lots of feels in SC.
>>
I'm like 10 hours into Trails in the Sky and I'm kind of bored as fuck

Is this any better
>>
>>321262975
Not bad. I have picked it up yet since I never got around to finishing the first. Hopefully get that done soon. Suprised I never played it when It first came out. Just so comfy on my Vita.
>>
>>321263330
I would like to know this too.
>>
>>321263330
>>321264281

Trails in the Sky starts out really fucking slow but people generally praise it for having great world-building and an overall good story once it gets rolling.

While I can't say if the overall story in this is better it certainly starts off in a more interesting way.
>>
>>321263330
>>321264281

What >>321264876 said.

The plot moves at a leisurely pace, but there is never any filler, besides the the boss monster hunting. Every character becomes thoroughly developed, and these relationships drive the world building that trails fans love. For example, interactions with characters in first chapter will yield unique text in the second chapter if you import the save (which steam does automatically). Also you can flee from fights with 100% success if you want to plow through the plot. I found a peaceful vibe while playing through the 90 hours of content that I have not found in vidya for a long time. The OST is on point.
>>
>>321264876
>>321265946
Thanks
And how does Cold Steel stack up against SC?
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (43 KB, 313x500) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.jpg
43 KB, 313x500
>>321266206

I would read through this:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/22/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-out-today-on-ps3-ps-vita/

I personally do not have a copy of cold steel yet so I cannot comment on it directly, but this post is well written and is a survival guide to the arcs of Legend of Heroes.
>>
>>321266736
>http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/22/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-out-today-on-ps3-ps-vita/
Thnx famly
>>
The dub sounds unexpectedly natural, like characters are actually thinking about what they're saying. It's a mystery to me why more games don't get the actors not to sound 100% confident in every line.
>>321266206
They're fundamentally the same kinds of games, but Cold Steel is generally just faster. Less filler backtracking down roads, slightly shorter conversations, more efficient and manageable menu system, skippable battle effects. They both still have time-limited quests, hidden quests, book collection, fishing, cooking, minor NPCs with lots of dialogue that changes throughout the game, an elaborate political story etc.
>>
>>321266206
I should add that it's also a bit harder. They revamped the way quartz works, so now you aren't able to give characters gigantic spellbooks with nukes for every occasion. You'll actually need to use crafts and even items generously.
>>
>>321268909
>>321268594
Thnx phams! I ordered the game! I really enjoyed The first chapter of TiTS.
>>
Just got my copy of CS today.
Is Hard mode a good choice for a first playthrough?
>>
Did they say what they are going to do for the release Cold Steel 2?
It's gonna be a constant barrage of "who is this?" and "what's even happening?" if they don't provide at least a summary of Crossbell.
>>
>>321271027
Maybe if you're a masochist.
>>
>>321271181
Are the character models any better in 2 or is that something that might come with 3?
>>
Is the game released in Europe yet? Been thinking about getting something for my PS3
>>
>>321271496
No, you'll need to import or download off the US PSN.
>>
>>321271294
Huh. It said only Nightmare was balanced for NG+, so I figured Hard would have been a good pick for a first playthrough this time (unlike SC where both Hard and Nightmare are very obviously for NG+ playthroughs only).
>>
File: 17 years old.jpg (51 KB, 612x431) Image search: [Google]
17 years old.jpg
51 KB, 612x431
>>321271418
Falcom recently stated that Sen 3 will have a big graphics improvement.
>>
Is this the game with "group of military students" theme, similar to FFVIII/FF Type-0?
>>
>>321271642

Yes that is the cold steel Arc.

Also as someone who doesn't own a ps3, I guess I'm buying a vita. Any buyer tips? I literally know nothing.
>>
>>321271579
I mean, you could, but this is a game where normal mode monsters hit twice as hard as you do, everyone has status ailments and bosses know aoe moves that take away 40% of your health even before you have good access to recovery. It's a question of how much punishment you want in every battle.
>>
>>321271792
Guess I'll start on Normal, then. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>321271751
If you want to be cheap, get a PSTV, but that might not be able to play the game yet since Sony needs to whitelist games for the system. If you just want a good quality Vita, go for the original models with OLED screens.
>>
>>321271928

Thanks. Now to not get raped by a craigslist killer...
>>
>>321271181
There are actually already summaries of Crossbell (zero, at least) in sen 1 if you read the imperial chronicle newspapers.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.