[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started playing terraria after 3 years. Heard that theres
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Terraria-caratula.jpg (96 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
Terraria-caratula.jpg
96 KB, 616x353
I just started playing terraria after 3 years. Heard that theres now a lot more of content.

My question is, is the game better enjoyed in SP or MP? If the latter, which are some good servers to play at?
>>
>>321246726
Single Player. Multiplayer is exclusively a huge circlejerk. There is not a single good server. Only multiplayer you should consider for terraria is maybe with your personal friends.
>>
Multiplayer is only good if you can find people who want to start at the same time as you and you all have a good amount of free time.
>>
MP if you have friends, otherwise you'll just end up in a circlejerk server or "Fight literally every boss at once."
1.3.1 when
Modding Community that doesn't consist of BRs that only know how to make RPG Mods when
>>
Expert MP with friends.
>>
>>321247296
>>321247378
>>321247565
>>321247935

>>321247296
>>321247378
>>321247565

OK I'll stick to SP since I dont have any friends with it.

Are there trap doors now?

What should I do first? What are some recommendations?
>>
Multiplayer with friends is great.

Multiplayer with strangers is eh.

Singleplayer is fun too.
>>
>>321248101
How hard is it really? Fucking cut down trees and figure it out, that is the point of game like this. Half the fun comes from discovery.
>>
>>321246726

Terraria is pretty good with friends until that one day you have to work and those assholes decide to farm a full set of endgame gear
>>
File: 1427591967835.jpg (62 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
1427591967835.jpg
62 KB, 640x592
>>321249957
>playing with friends
>everyone insists that we wait until we have most everyone before we move on to big power spikes, or schedule important events and boss fights
>whole server is on hardmode, about to fight plantera
>about to do it but friend asks us to wait becuase he really wants to participate
>agree
>return form work the next day
>same guy messages me
>"hey dude you won't believe it, we beat moon lord!"
>>
>>321248101

I think they might have something like trap doors. Been a while.

Playing through solo for the first time you are going to enjoy it, especially post hard mode. I really love terraria's feeling of progression, and by the time you're beating the pillars and moon lord you feel like a god, but they can still fuck you up if you don't play well.
>>
>>321250318
your friends are fucking faggots
>>
File: 1409720454238.png (62 KB, 154x206) Image search: [Google]
1409720454238.png
62 KB, 154x206
>he hasn't scored every boss trophy/mask yet
>he doesn't have every pet, mount, hook, and pair of wings in the game yet
>he hasn't built any cool underground bunkers, beach houses or exotic housing yet
>he doesn't have every strange plant dye yet
>he hasn't gotten 100% acheevos yet
>he doesn't have the cell phone, ankh shield, celestial shell and bundle of balloons yet
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.