[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civ V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Civ5logo.jpg (22 KB, 524x193) Image search: [Google]
Civ5logo.jpg
22 KB, 524x193
I picked this game up on the winter sale and i am really trying to like it but its just so boring and not fun at all. How do people find this fun? I'm genuinely asking and trying to understand.
>>
>>321242985
Maybe you don't understand the early game?

Have your first warrior explore the map and train another one. I think you either understand how these games work and have a blast managing your empire or you don't and do something else.
>>
>>321242985
Did you get the DLC?
>>
maybe your only concept of winning is domination. one of my most fun playthroughs was trying to get a culture victory with venice.
>>
>>321243262
yes i got the complete edition
>>
>>321242985
Make sure you get the DLCs. And play on the fastest setting.
>>
>>321242985
4X games are not for everyone.
I love turn based games, but I don't like ones where you can't play out the battles in a tactics phase. Civ bores me too.
>>
>>321243204
i just don't see how managing it is fun
>>
>>321243402
is that your fist 4X game?
maybe the gerne is just simply nothing for you.
>>
>>321243402
Well you gotta think long term and imagine your civilization progressing through time and becoming a massive powerhouse.

Civ 5 is pretty dumbed down though. Maybe you should refund and get Civ 3.
>>
>>321242985
get your refund and get something else.

i have done this like 5 times.
>>
Maybe you just haven't found the playstyle that you like.

I remember trying to play wide when I first started playing and I absolutely hated it. Then I started playing taller and it was a night and day difference for me.
>>
>>321243402
You're playing the wrong genre, then. Refund it and get something else.
>>
>>321244090
what do you mean?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.