[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any games to add?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: muh art.jpg (494 KB, 788x1647) Image search: [Google]
muh art.jpg
494 KB, 788x1647
Any games to add?
>>
her story

remove FO3, Mass Effect, and maybe Portal. They're way to "game-y" or lack a certain level of finesse in the "artsy" department.
>>
>>321236023
This, I don't care if you hate them OP, they don't fit the description at all.
>>
Walking Dead
To the moon
Dark Souls
LA Noire
The Unfinished Swan
Proteus
Mountain
Everyone's gone to the rapture
Titan Souls
Anything by Edmund Mcmillen
>>
>>321236421
I feel like Edmund Mcmillen may have that vibe because he's an indie dev with a beard but his games aren't really in this group. They aren't pretentious or hyped to hell.
>>
>>321235746
The Stanley Parable if nothing else because it opened up a discussion on the role of narrative and a lack of choice in games as a system being driven by predetermined variables.
>>
Bastion was actually good though.

So was the Last of Us.
>>
>>321235746
Bastion, last of us and ME1 are legitimately good though.
>>
>>321235746
These games are pretty fun. You don't need to be a SJW fag to like them.
>>
>>321236732
Bastion is shit
Transistor's pretty good though
>>
>>321236673
That's an actually good game though
>>
>>321236943
Nah bro you got it the wrong way round. Bastion was based but I never got into Transistor.

I should probably give it another shot.
>>
>>321236749
it doesn't matter if it's good, what matters is people cling to it saying that it's "art"
i loved bastion but it's definitely not art, its a fucking video game
>>
>>321236421
You'd be a pretty cool guy if you didn't have dark souls and ed mcmuffin on there. Those games have done nothing wrong
>>
>>321235746
Kek, the Bastion one is so true. It's the "I am a hardcore gamer above all the other silly Mass Effect/Fallout/AC/Bioshock" starter pack. Insanely overrated music, mediocre gameplay, meh plot. Transistor looked even worse, so I didn't bother with it.
>>
>>321235746
+Undertale
+Her Story
+Journey
+Walking Dead
+Heavy Rain
+Until Dawn
>>
>>321235746
>muh buzzwords
>muh games as niche media

Literally Butthurt: The List.
>>
>>321236992
Transistor is fucking great. I thought Bastion was mediocre desu.
>>
>>321235746
>enjoyed bastion and portal

am i beyond saving?
>>
>>321235746
I was impressed by The Last of Us because it has great visuals and amazing gunplay. The story was alright too.
>>
>>321235746
>I Have Shit Taste: The Post
>>
I don't think I've ever heard Fallout 3 praised as artistic
>>
>>321237145
Don't forget the narrator
>>
>>321235746
>Just my opinion bro, it's all subjective

but this is true. are you such a sperglord that you think everyone has to agree 100% with everything you say?
>>
>>321237247
Portal 2 is fun just really overrated. It's too easy, it's too short, the humor is literally reddit, and the story makes no sense
music is good though
>>
File: file.png (148 KB, 220x311) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148 KB, 220x311
Games can be art, it's just that 99% of people who make artsy games have no fucking clue how to manage it.

There's a few that work, like pic related
>>
>>321237379
Didn't they basically remove all the walls you could put portals on because playtesters complained the game was too hard?
>>
How the fuck have we not mentioned Bloodborne/Souls, the epitome of overly analysed pretentious bollocks?
>>
>>321237314
It's there as it's used so that people don't debate and look at the game in detail.

"I like it so you can't tell me otherwise"
It shutting your ears to anything against what you think which is very immature
>>
I've never heard anyone call fallout 3 'art'.
>>
>>321236023
Isn't Her Story just a detective game? I didn't seem to be trying to do anything profound from what I saw
>>
Dear Esther
>>
>>321237594
This. I was really disappointed to learn that the guy who makes them had trouble reading advanced level stuff as a kid, do he'd read what he could and fill in the gaps. That's why his games are so cryptic and don't explain anything. He wants the player to fill in the story based on random details. It's such bullshit.
>>
>>321237247
Yes, because you are letting the shitposting here influencing what you think you should and shouldn't like.
>>
>>321235746
What is Gone Home's lose condition to qualify it as a game? At least The Stanley Parable has the multiple endings so you can qualify not getting the ending you want as a lose condition.

Also I don't see Flower on there. Which is the kind of art that is just pretty and doesn't need any of that artsy meaning bullshit in it.
>>
>>321235746
Portal is a fucking puzzle game.

You might as well put Tetris up there.
>>
>>321235746
It's more important for games to be entertaining to me. When I get entertained by a game I usually feel the same feelings that someone would say they feel about art. However, if a game tries to be an abstract symbol for communism or something and is very boring I don't find that entertaining and consider it a bad game. So I'm not sure if I consider games as art or not.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.