[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games you love that /v/ hates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: hardknocklife.jpg (404 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
hardknocklife.jpg
404 KB, 1600x1200
this game was fucking great

with the expansion packs i probably got a sum of like 400 hours on it
>>
past creature stage made my dick puke
>>
>>321221443
For some reason everyone hates the force unleashed .The first one was a great game and even better on the wii.You felt like you could really use the force.
>>
skyrim
>>
File: Kirbygonnripyaanotherone.png (124 KB, 495x644) Image search: [Google]
Kirbygonnripyaanotherone.png
124 KB, 495x644
>>
>>321221443
Anyone got that "we don't hate it because it was bad, but because it could have been awesome" screencap about Spore lying around?
>>
>>321222512
That's bullshit though.

Anything could be infinitely better then it actually is. Fallout 4 COULD have came with a fleshlight and a VR headset so I can watch every in game NPC get fucked by me but the game isn't bad because it doesn't have that.
>>
>>321222512

oh, yeah

a lot of wasted potential but it really was pretty good.

granted tribal stage was a shit and space stage was maybe 7.5 - 8 out of 10, but still.
>>
>>321223271
It was about all the content that was cut, anon. And the hype that was built using gameplay trailers that showcased awesome content that wasn't in the game.
>>321223336
Mang, it was literally THE game of my childhood along with Black and White 2. I know I fucking loved it. But even I, the (ten...?) year old I was knew that it was radically different to what I had expected.
>>
File: showposter[1].png (142 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
showposter[1].png
142 KB, 300x300
I even replayed it a couple years ago and still had a blast.
>>
>>321222512
I guess. It's alright for one playthrough, but it has such little depth that it just doesn't remain fun after a few hours.
>>
>>321223497

oh man is that the game everyone gets those shitty sonic sprites from
>>
File: 1442737357081.jpg (92 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
1442737357081.jpg
92 KB, 500x467
>this game was fucking great
No, in no universe, perhaps even the one it was finished in, will Spore be a great game, and in this one it doesn't even pass mediocre by anything but the creature creator.

The cell stage is a minigame, and isn't really a "cell stage" at all, it's the shallowest of all the stages and it's thankfully the shortest. The creature stage is a subpar RPG that makes MMO combat look fun. Grinding parts is horrendous, the map is repetitive, the environments are the same no matter the climate, and the creatures you encounter present no challenge whatsoever. The tribal stage is a blobby 15 unit wannabe Age of Empires. I can't give it anything past that because that's all it is. The civilization stage is where the hope of something being good turns around, and never comes forth. The unit creator is simply about the best stats, the unit variety is pitiful, the politics are dumb, and the gameplay is yet again a subpar RTS. Then the space stage, with the final hopeof the game being good, is a bad point and click with pirate raids 24/7 on some backwards planet, a buggy market, and absurd grinding. There's infinity to explore, but none of it is any different.

Spore being a bad game isn't just about cut content, it's about halfassed ideas, subpar execution, and nobody giving a shit. If you can enjoy it through the flaws that's fine, but that doesn't make it a great game, it's a horrendous exercise in how to slap together the bare minimum and sell it
>>
>>321224229

i'm a creative kind of guy and i loved making my own creatures

also >not making dozens of creatures you never take past space stage
>>
>>321224420
That has absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay, especially since all of that matters for nothing past(and sometimes even in) the creature stage

Having fun with the best thing in a bad game doesn't make the rest of it great, and Spore isn't carried alone by the one thing that they actually put effort into because it transfers to other areas they did not give a shit
>>
>>321224697

honestly i probably spent at least 50 hours in the creature creator alone

the creature creator was the best part. creature stage, cell stage, and city stage were all good fun, and space stage, while not too great, was still fun because you were basically managing an empire of whatever the fuck creature you made
>>
>>321223497
/v/ used to love it but then a few years ago it shifted.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.