[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a 3DS thread. What are your favorite games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: nintendo triple DS.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
nintendo triple DS.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
Let's have a 3DS thread.

What are your favorite games? How are you liking your handheld?

I just picked one up with monster hunter 4u, I think it's great. Can't decide between getting SSB or FE:A next
>>
On rotation between
Smash Bros.
MonHun
Xenoblade
Paper Jam and
Badge Arcade

Can't wait for the next Fire Emblem(s)
>>
>>321218785
How is Paper Jam? I'm a huge fan of the first two Superstar Saga games but everyone complains about the more recent installments. Did you enjoy Awakening? I've never played Fire Emblem but it looks like it could be pretty fun
>>
Just deleted my 3dsxl photo. I got a new 3dsxl as well. Xenoblade Chronicles and smash bros.

Really want MH4 but spent so much money on that and before... plus I have 2 MH clones on PSVita-- Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta.
>>
>>321219291
Still in the early parts of Paper Jam
The writing is great but the combat hasn't approached anything that can be described as "difficult".
FE:A is great fun. Some exploitable mechanics makes it easier than previous games but stick to Hard/Classic mode and the challenge will still be there. Great cast of characters too, and tonnes of dialogue from them.
>>
>>321218485
Enjoying triforce heroes and mario kart.
>>
>>321218485
monster hunter is definitely the best game on the system. half the time I'm about to play something, I think "but I could be playing monster hunter instead..." and end up doing that.
>>
>tfw bought a green tinted screen 3ds
>>
I'm waiting for new interesting games but its pretty good so far
>>
>>321218485
Don't know whether I should get one or not.
There are some games I'm interested in.
Though I read that the battery life is shit (compared to an NDS lite) and it's been out for a while, is there a new one around the corner?
>>
>>321222097
>the battery life is shit
surprisingly enough, when it's new the battery will barely last an hour, a year later you'll get somewhere between 3 and 5 hours on a full charge. Seems to level off around that point, though.
>>
>>321222097
I was about to ask the same, it is worth buying it at this point? And if so what's the best buy: xl or normal?
>>
>>321222792
What the shit.
I easily get half a day out of my DS lite, and that thing is 8 years old.
You can barely call this a "handheld" when it's plugged in all the time.
>>
I got a supercard+, it's pretty neat. Playing that Hotel Dusk sequel. Haven't tried the SNES and GBA emulation functions, but DS games work fine. Sometimes it won't boot, and you've gotta pop it out and put it back in. Kind of annoying, but at least it works.

>>321218785
Xenoblade is MUCH better emulated, I was gonna get the 3DS version, but it runs perfectly in Dolphin.
>>
I broke the analog stick on my 3ds breeding Pokemon :(
>>
>>321218485
Has anyone played Steamworld Heist?
>>
File: 1393710182622.png (19 KB, 211x204) Image search: [Google]
1393710182622.png
19 KB, 211x204
>>321223787
>Spending time breeding pokemon
>Literally the least fun, rewarding and skill-involved thing in the world
So glad I outgrew Pokemon before becoming this pathetic.
>>
>>321224246
>Not playing competitive pokemon
LOL
>>
I haven't bought anything for my 3DS since Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy and the last physical game I bought was Prof. Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

This sucks, this handheld has been a big fat disappointment.

And I've been through every revision of the console, no less...
>>
>>321220807
Cool glad I picked the best game. I guess I should download the demo for FE Awakening before I jsut buy it
>>
Was wanting to get a 3ds, do I need to get the new version? Is xenoblade going to be the only exclusive for it, or am I going to get fucked out of new games for getting the old 3ds
>>
Dragon Quest VIII is one of my favorite 3DS games that I have.
>>
>>321218485
Thinking about getting a handheld, should I get a New 3DS, or a 2DS?
>>
why are there no more monster hunter 4u threads?
>>
>>321225047
>>>/vg/
>>
File: comfy.jpg (7 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
7 KB, 250x224
>>321224723
You don't "need" to get the new version, but I believe they're going to start making it to where you do. Like I think for monster hunter you need the new one? don't quote me

>>321224916
I personally think the 2ds looks pretty stupid. the new 3ds has very nice large screens and is surprisingly thin.

>>321224813
Never played a dragon quest game, heard they're the best thing since sliced bread
>>
>>321225212

>Never played a dragon quest game, heard they're the best thing since sliced bread

I wouldn't go that far, but they're usually fun, well-rounded games.
>>
>>321225319
So what do you think, Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem Awakening ?
>>
>>321225552
I would buy FE:A 10000 times before dragon quest, but that's just me, I thought FE:A was great
>>
>>321225552

Never played Fire Emblem, so I can't pick.
>>
Fuck I just noticed 3ds has DBZ Extreme Butoden... might be getting that
>>
bump for might be getting one.

problem is there's fuck all good deals in aus here.
>>
>>321218485

Just bought a new 3ds xl yesterday and its great

im really hyped por project x zone 2 and FE fates both coming on feb 2016, its gonna be great
>>
>>321226620
So hyped for Fates. I freely admit I'm a FE Awakening baby. But so hyped for it. And also the SMT 4 remaster/dlc "sequel"
>>
Haven't touched it in a few months. Thinking about buying Fantasy Life for Christmas.
>>
>>321226840
I'm hyped as shit for fates aswell, my birthday is near release, gonna butter up mommy for it :^)
>>
>trying to play VLR
>freezes during PEC room
>won't load save
Fucking cool. Guess I won't be playing this after all.
>>
Playing Bravely Default its easily one of the best jrpgs I've played in recent years.
>>
>>321228039
>one bug in the game thats well known
>the absolute mad man finds it
>>
>>321224113
Yes and enjoying it. It's basically an xcom lite. Nothing too challenging but can take some thinking.
>>
I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is Zero Escape 3. I just couldn't get into Fire Emblem.
>>
>>321228653
I didn't even save in the room--which is the big NO-NO--and I still got fucked by it. Not sure what else I was supposed to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 810x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 810x563
>>321218485
I'm surprised not a lot people talk about this game.
It's already becoming one of my favorite games on the eShop so far.
>Turn-based strategy RPG in a steampunk post-apocalyptic setting where the combat is based around skill.
>Interesting allies with unique personalities, weapons, and abilities.
>Atmospheric music as well as some songs by Steam Powered Giraffe
>>
hello 3DS friends,
Are there any Digimon games on the 3DS?
I liked Digimon World 1 and Digimon Championship (DS)

Anything worthy?
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 525x536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 525x536
What's Stellaglow like? I loved Bravely Default and currently playing Legend of Legacy and Devil Survivor Should I get that or Senran 2?
>>
>>321223563
Where did you get yours from?

Was looking for an R4 for my 3DS but with news of a new DSTWO I'm interested.
>>
>>321218485
nothing new, just playing SMT4 and DeSU 1
i have a bunch of other games thanks to that club nintendo glitch from earlier this year, but i beat them all already.

can't find to much else to play really, hope 2016 is better.
>>
File: 1430116623945.jpg (40 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1430116623945.jpg
40 KB, 500x484
>>321218485
>I want to buy a white New 3DS XL
> Nintendo doesn't sell one except for a limited release with animal crossing happy home designer, a really shitty game
> mfw I'm considering buying it anyways
>>
>>321229168
There haven't been many threads about Stella Glow but from the ones I have seen, it sound's like an 8/10. Also, as someone who enjoyed Burst and was super hyped for SK2, it was such a letdown for me. Wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>321229305
R4depot, but they have literally no support. I thought my card was broken for a couple days because I didn't realize that you had to put the MicroSD card in at a certain angle, and I still haven't gotten a single reply. Submitted the support ticket like 2 weeks ago. Try realhotstuff instead.
>>
>>321229683
RHS died earlier this year, bro.
>>
>>321224623
i hate Nintendos shit about not giving most games a deep discount. i wanted AAT for like 15, not fucking 25 or whatever it was. why didn't it get a physical release when PLxAA did?
>>
>>321218485
I'm waiting until Nintendo brings the White New 3DS XL to US to upgrade
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.