[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did /v/ think of Ni No Kuni? I just got it and think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So what did /v/ think of Ni No Kuni?
I just got it and think it's pretty charming but haven't gotten far enough to fully judge it yet.

I hear it's overrated
>>
Its fun but not without problems.

The biggest for me being:

1 - Combat Ally AI is fucking dumber than a box of rocks, constantly uses up all available MP and makes stupid decisions that force you to micromanage almost nonstop.

2 - Drippy overexplains every little fucking sidequest to the point where there is no decision making or guessing or thinking or anything because he basically literally tells you exactly what you need to do.
>>
The combat wasn't great to start with but it kinda falls apart once you have to deal with the friendly AI
>>
avoid dinoceros and you'll have a good time. he breaks the game and removes all challenge.
>>
It's basically my least favorite game, it looks amazing but it was also grafted together by the worst group of human beings known to man, level 5.
>>
Is it worth playing through though?

Or should I swap it for tales of symphonia chronicles?
>>
>>321213957
I hated it. The game is full of padding bullshit, the combat is shallow and boring, and the characters were all annoying. The graphics were good and the music was solid (if repetitive) but I hated everything else. Most people liked it more though, and I'm still cautiously optimistic about the sequel.
>>
>>321215680
Outside of Ni No Kuni and the WKC games Level 5's stuff is usually pretty good.
>>
Puss and Boats is the best familiar
>>
>>321213957
>>321217210

I finished it and loved it, the partener ai is a make or break for some people

you NEED to use square and Triangle to use your party effectivly
>>
Just beat it today.

Biggest issue with the game is the awful party AI that made me dread getting into any battle. They run up to attacks, use all of their MP as fast as they can, and will just generally be dumb. And switching between characters doesn't help because then the character you just were will stop what you were doing and be dumb. Ni no Kuni 2 really needs a new battle system or completely revamped AI.

The story is good and has some fun parts but god does it take forever to get started. It drags the instant you put in the disc. Drippy is there to explain everything, and I mean everything. He will explain the most basic sidequests to you every time. The feeling of dragging permeates through the game.

I also did like the music outside of a couple tracks. The world theme is good and the final boss themes too, but most of the music just got on my nerves. However the game is a joy to look at. The world is beautiful and characters and effects look good. It is just too bad that they have pretty bad stock animations they use over and over.

Overall, it is okay. If you can bear with the AI, you might enjoy it.
>>
>>321213957
The combat is pretty bad and everything after the original DS ending is pretty much boring filler that goes on for way too long
>>
>>321213957
I thought it was great, gf loved it and beat it before me..
>>
Beautiful game, with AI issues as everyone else has said. Still, I think it's worth a playthrough if you're a JRPG fan.

The next game in the series should be much improved.
>>
>>321213957
One of my fav games. It's impossible to hate it since it's charming as fuck. The Ghibli artstyle, quirky familiars and characters, beautiful soundtrack all make it an overall comfy experience. Gameplay never really bothered me in hindsight.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.