[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forbidden Woods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: forbidden woods.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
forbidden woods.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
There's always one fucking area.

FUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>321202023
it's a really nice area. Git gud.
>>
This was easy as piss.

Fuck Micolash
>>
>>321202023
pitiful.
>>
>>321202356
Micolash was easy as piss.

Fuck Rom
>>
>>321202432
rom was easy as piss fuck the pater
>>
>>321202023
Do you mean it's hard or 2spooky?
>>
>>321202432
Rom was easy as piss.

Fuck OoK
>>
File: 1415922293289.png (202 KB, 352x374) Image search: [Google]
1415922293289.png
202 KB, 352x374
First time getting through this area was tense as fuck.

Shit coming out of every which direction and then you fall into a path with a bunch of ayy lmaos.
>>
It's one of the more tense areas in the game until you actually figure out the layout, after that it just becomes a forest with a bunch of snakes you can run past.
>>
>>321202572
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>321202432
I actually died the first time I fought Micolash. On the second phase I got lost looking for him and thought the bridge that raised up after the fight was a short cut and fell to my death.
>>
>>321202023
this was actually one of my fav areas in the game, really well done.
>>
>>321202895
You fell off the bridge? Sorry, but I laughed.

I died the first time too, because I never take a fight seriously the first time. I got rekt by his tentacles. The only bosses I first-timed were Cleric Beast, BSB, Amygdala, One Reborn (double KO so my trophy screenshot is a loading screen kek), and the Wet Nurse.
>>
>>321202539
>hard

I prefer the word tedious.

Also:
>The Gutter & The Black Gulch.
>Blighttown
>>
At this point I just sprint through the woods, fight the shadows, and come back later for the goodies
>>
forbidden woods is a pretty uncomfortable area, also nightmare frontier
>>
>>321203781

Which items should definitely be picked up?
>>
I loved that area, especially since it lacks the linearity a lot of the others have. You just keep running into fucking sneks, while trying to run away from sneks.
>>
>>321202023
just follow the lamps, it's not hard.
>>
>>321202023
You can easily avoid them
>>
Forbidden Woods was easy on both my play throughs.

Upper Cathedral really gets me riled up but it was easy as fuck with my arcane guy. Tonitrus is pretty damn good.
>>
File: okfam.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
okfam.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>new londo
>>
>>321203649
You mean the Valley of Defilement 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0

Fucking hate that shit, I literally remember myself wondering "I wonder if there's a dark dingy swamp level with fuckall lighting, poison, treacherous wooden walkways and shit-covered humangremlin creatures.

Then I step into the Gutter and I let out one big fucking hefty sigh.
>>
>>321202432
>drop down
>get insta-gibbed by A Call Beyond

Fair fight.
>>
>>321204456
I stood up top and threw poison knives at him until he died. Top kek.
>>
>>321203985
Gravekeepers set is one I always go for
>>
>>321202708
This. On my second play I got into this area and was like fuck not this again. Once you get past the cannon, you can just run past everything easily.
>>
What did you do about the beggar on your first playthrough, /v/?
>>
File: mik russ.jpg (137 KB, 605x568) Image search: [Google]
mik russ.jpg
137 KB, 605x568
>>321204280
>yfw it always has great loot so you end up trudging through it
>>
>>321204881
Sent his ass to Iosefka's. Only a fool would send him to the cathedral, or someone trying to get Clawmarks.
>>
>>321204886
What great loot? I don't remember a single goddamn thing other than the Great Club from Blighttown and I never used it anyway.

>Black Gulch poison statue/frogstatues
>"The platform you stepped on happened to be part of the scenery so you slipped and fell 2 inches but it's out of the allowed platform area so it counts as a death"
>Mosquitoes
>Slow downs
>Toxic

I don't care what fucking loot it has, I make it a point to ALWAYS take the back door through blighttown. I've beaten the game multiple times and I only did Blightown during my first ever run. Never again. If I could skip the others I would.
>>
>>321203649
At least, 80% of blighttown can be skipped, and the gutter is not hard, but rather tedious and long, unless you take a few risky jumps here and there.
The black gluch is just inexcusable.
>>
>>321204910
shadow set
power within
iato
eagle shield
and the bitch that teaches the gud pyromancy inna swamp
>>
>>321204881
Somehow I didn't notice that he was eating people so I told him to go to the chapel. He killed old lady and the chapel dweller.
>>
>>321202432

>Fighting Micolash on NG+
>All he does is spam his magic
>Whenever I attacked him more than twice he would instantly use the arm magic without any wind up animation (Augur I think it is) and one shots me
>Spend the entire fight tickling him to death slowly while he just uses magic over and over.
>>
>>321204881
Hit him then cheesed him at the door. I still got dangerously close to getting killed by him like 3 times.
>>
>>321205037
Oh. I generally skipped all of those except for Quelaana. Preferred other equipment and couldn't be fucked doing Blighttown just to hoard shit I won't use.
>>
>>321205181
I cheesed him by falling off the roof. He didn't come after me, so I just peppered him with poison knives. He's really weak against poison apparently.
>>
>>321205187
>>321205037
also there is a firekeeper soul in the trololo dart ramp
also isn't murakamo at the bottom of blighttown?
>>
>>321205350
I'm not sure if it's murakumo but the big sword with the curved tip that steals HP per hit is there.

Speaking of which I always wanted to make some form of HP regen build but DaS1 doesn't really make it viable. There's the butcher knife thing with 5HP per hit and the ring of the evil eye which is what.. 30 HP per kill? That's bollocks.
>>
>>321205874
>regen miracle
>sanctum shield
>sever
>munch elizabeth mushrooms like crazy
it would probably suck but its doable
add power within for max keks
>>
By the time I got there I was a decent enough level, every other enemy wasnt a health juggernaut.
>>
>>321205996
Regen miracle and elizabeth mushrooms need too much upkeep and focus, I wanted to make a sortof vampire build. Life regen, lifesteal etc. Ring of the Evil Eye is too little return for too much effort to justify a ring slot and Sanctus is 1HP per second, that's fucking arse unless you go AFK for 10 minutes after every punch you eat.
>>
>>321207093
sorry familia i think you should play bloodborne for that
>>
>>321207315
Yeah maybe. Though even DaS2 does it better. I ain't buying a PS4 anytime soon, so my small fancy will have to wait.
>>
>first time going through forbidden woods at level 60/70
>get my shit rekt like 30 times

>second playthrough go through it at level 30
>clear it in like 20 minutes

This game gets so easy when you know what you're doing. Skill>Stats in this game even more so than DS.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.