[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck are empty bottles so rare in the Zelda universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 4e602ab9d.jpg (12 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
4e602ab9d.jpg
12 KB, 236x314
Why the fuck are empty bottles so rare in the Zelda universe?
>>
How many glassblowers have you seen in the games?
>>
would YOU leave an empty bottle lying around in the zelda universe?
>>
>>321201885
Glass is a luxury material

Have you ever seen anything else made of glass in zelda universe?
>>
>>321203416
windows
>>
>>321203502
Most windows in OOT are made out wood.
>>
>>321201885
>>321201885
they arent rare ive found several of them
>>
Would you just leave an empty glass bottle laying around in your yard?
>>
File: dat face doe.png (330 KB, 451x444) Image search: [Google]
dat face doe.png
330 KB, 451x444
Because it's a videogame.
>>
>>321201885
Of all the things in the zelda universe that don't make sense, you're questioning glass bottles?
>>
Considering the fact that Link rolls, jumps, falls, gets hit a lot and so on, and the bottles just don't brake, I'd say they're somewhat magical glass bottles. And, as the cuckos lady says "It's fine glass".
>>
>>321201885
Because people fill them up.
>>
>>321201885
Poorfags
>>
>>321203416
If it's a luxury material that not everybody can have why there's people who run Potions Shop or sell potions in their stores? Their target is too small.
>>
>>321204234
>unironically posting shadman
>>
>>321201885
They're magical. No other way they could hold shit the way they do otherwise
>>
>>321205002
Well 60 rupees apparently is a lot.

And nobody stores the potions in bottles, some people store them in pots.
>>
>>321205002

People can put them into clay pots or jugs or something

Link of course, hates these clay pots for whatever reason and needs to smash them, so he only uses glass for potions and fairy collecting
>>
>>321201885
>literally only 4 bottles in the entire TP universe
>that fucking bro oil merchant just gives you one if you buy some oil from him for like 2 dollar
Is he the greatest bro in gaming?
>>
it's not rare its just a hot commodity, hyrule is mostly made up of small villages who would have lots of cottage industry like pot makers etc, but they'd be very useful utility items to these simple farm folk. they would recycle an item like this until is was destroyed. antique pots and jars in good condition are highly sought after.
>>
Simple.

Glass is made of sand, right?

What's the one location in Hyrule where you can find a lot of sand?

The desert.

And the desert's home to the Gerudo, who are usually hostile to the rest of Hyrule.

And in Skyward Sword and Wind Waker: there isn't a lot of land to live on, so sand is even rarer.
>>
>>321205284
He's just too high on weed to notice he just gave you a priceless artifact.

Dude, weed. LMAO.
>>
>>321206149
No one else could figure this out? Hyrule uses clay virtually exclusively too.
>>
>>321203416
>>321205002
But glass is made of sand...

But yeah, as others have posted they must be magical.
>>
Milk companies payed the royal family to have them all broken, so that they could get people to buy there milk in exchange for new bottles.
>>
>>321204234
>>321205138
>names the file 'dat face tho' as if Shadman's work was capable of producing an erection
>>
Very little demand means not that large of a supply

How many other citizens of hyrule need bottles? virtually none
>>
Speaking of Zelda, what is the most amount of hearts/gold spiders you can get in oot before turning into an adult? I usually get 11.5 hearts and 40+ spiders but I feel like there might be more I could get

To qualify it, not using speed hack tier glitches
>>
>>321205279

Those clay pots break super easily, that's why Link only uses glass bottles.
>>
>>321210027

Further to this idea, what if a Zelda game let you pick up and use clay jars to store things, and they're easy to find/cheap, but:

>you can't tell from outside/the inventory screen what they contain, you have to use them to find out
>if you get injured too much/fall too far, they break and you lose the contents
>>
>>321210508
Clay jars should be one use only, bottles infinite.

Could be a cool mechanic.
>>
>>321203287
i was literally thinking this when i hit reply...
>>
>>321211326

I feel like that wouldn't be enough of a trade off, unless you had to buy/acquire the jars separately, and you only have limited space to carry them.
>>
>>321209428
Heart pieces: 23 quarter pieces, plus the 3 full hearts you get from dungeons

Skulltulas: 53
>>
>>321212235
Sources on that:
http://www.ign.com/faqs/2003/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-heart-piece-faq-437081

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-gold-skulltula-locations-guide/
>>
they are magic bottles though.
>>
>>321212235
Does that apply to master quest too?
>>
>>321214041
I'm not sure.
>>
>>321214041
No.
>>
>>321203554

What about the panes?
>>
>>321201885
The glass bottles that Link uses are magical. They're indestructible and they can deflect Ganondorf magic.
>>
>>321201885
Link's bottles are actually made of a transparent metal, making them suitable for adventure
>>
>>321217175
>source: my ass
>>
>>321218661
excuse me but my uncle is Shigeru Fils-Aime and I think he would know
>>
>>321201885
Have YOU seen an empty bottle IRL?
They're rare as fuck senpai
>>
>>321219221
Honestly, i cant remember the last time i saw a big bottle in my life.
Last one i remember was a huge strawberry jam my grandmother did for me and some pickles.

Soda and other stuff is something but you cant store something other than liquids in them.
>>
>>321219221
>>321219426
Mason jars as cups and containers are becoming big with the hipster crowd for some reason.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.